Are you "Moose" Enough? (UD Gauntlet)

AtomicMoose

[H]F Junkie
Now that the vaunted [H]|Bowl is over, I have something a little bit old school in store for you all. The question is,
"Are You 'Moose' Enough?"

This is going to be the UD gauntlet that you have been hearing wispers about. Duster was wrong about the date, but we will let him slide. ;)

This time there is no prize, no fee, no "one on one" style competition. This time, it is you all vs. Moose! Can you hang? Can you stay in the kitchen when it starts to get hot? Bragging rights at stake. Man up or shut up. (This means you, Mary)

Here is the deal.

The gauntlet will start on Wednesday, March 1st and will run until Friday, March 31st. The points that you accumulate in UD in that time-frame will be counted towards the contest. Now for the fun part. Below you will find different tiers that you can sign up for. The percentage is the amount of my output for the month that you are going to try and achieve. For example, if I score 100,000 points for the month of March, and you choose the 20-40% tier, then you have to score at least 20,000 points or risk being publically scorn.

Here are the tiers:

< 20% - Reach-Through bait
20-40% - Hairless Moose
40-60% - Moose-ling
60-80% - Moose-a-be
80-99% - Moose-lite
100%-120% - Equa-Mooser
120-150% - Moose Thumper
150%-199% - Reach-Through Reverser
> 200% - Moose Molester

Everyone is elidgible whether you have 100 points, or 10,000,000. From Anderu to zoobaby, I want you all to sign up. Can you give me a run for my money? I dare you to try.

Respond to this thread, let me know the tier you want to get into and let the smack talk begin! :D

Hardfolding.com Stats

Entrants
Anderu and Mary are shooting for the Moose Molester tier
New comer, Charpman wants to be a Moose Thumper
Dookey is shooting for Equa-Mooser
Strikemaster and DougLite are Moose-ling
RPhArrow, DF454, James_TheVirus, and [H]uge_Freak are all Hairless Moose
Rich Tate, roftranspo, Unhappy_mage, rogue_jedi and Sawatt are Reach-Through Bait

Nice setup Moosie, nice to see a UD farm up and running. :)

Lets all try to get a box or two up for UD too, and lets get some bodies in this contest!

Not only can you have fun, you can help bring new people in by getting them interested in all the fun.

Nice wallpape----I mean... nice setup Moose!! :D

Come on guys!! Who's Moose-ie enough to throw down??

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

OSUguy98 said:
Nice wallpape----I mean... nice setup Moose!! :D

Come on guys!! Who's Moose-ie enough to throw down??

You gonna sign up? :)

Most likely... we'll see

I know those computers! HP/Compaq D530 and 7100/7600 series. We have about 1,500 of these installed at the hospital where I work. They are also the majority of the "work" portion of my farm. The others are two computers of my own handywork, and 1 HP Dx5150 that I have at home. But to get that vaunted 200% category, I could throw a couple of more logs on the fire!

I'm definitely in the >20% category. Only one machine UDing.

But I'm still in! I might be able to pull up here. ;)

> 200% - Moose Molester

Should have been > 200% - Marty

marty9876 said:
> 200% - Moose Molester

Should have been > 200% - Marty

You can thank me for that one, for afterall, they are one in the same. :D

Hahaha, I saw marty had posted in this thread and started laughing. I need photoshop evidence, though ;)

Come on boys and girls (pH) let's UD the color out of this moose!

albinowhitemoose6dk.jpg

AtomicMoose said:
Duster was wrong about the date, but we will let him slide.

Well if my intel (hehe) was lacking I will get better spies in due time... (Q Bond secret agent man)

I'm in, put me down for 20-40% - Hairless Moose. :D Tax return is due next week :D

The War Room vesus Moose. My money is on the Moose. Nevertheless, I'm still around guys.

OK, so here is the list so far...

Anderu and Mary are going for the Moose Molester tier.
Unhappy_mage and Sawatt are Reach-Through Bait
DF454 is a Hairless Moose

p[H], Rich, Doug and James, which tier should I put you in for? :)

AtomicMoose said:
James, which tier should I put you in for? :)

Put me down for the 20%. If it were a month later, then I would up my tier! I will be moving on the 25th of March, where I will be able to bring up some older boxen, and run everything 24/7.

Hmm... I've got that same Elisha wallpaper on one of mine...

And is that a T series Thinkpad??

Hmmm.. Well normally I only have 2 working on UD... both P3s.. one 866 and one T20 Thinkpad with an 800MHz... I'll toss in a couple more and aim for the shoulder 20%-40%... now if the T20 would just quit getting Rosettas that take a week and a half to finish... 69% done and 178 hours on the one its got right now.

So what tier would I go in if I were to run a Athlon XP 1.4ghz. I've never run UD and I don't want to be publicly scorned :eek:

.. I might be able to get a few more boxen...

MN Scout said:
So what tier would I go in if I were to run a Athlon XP 1.4ghz. I've never run UD and I don't want to be publicly scorned :eek:

.. I might be able to get a few more boxen...

Well, that is the whole point. Pick a tier and try to meet it. If that means adding more boxen to the project to keep up, then so be it. :D

I will put my big box up when I get home. Put me in the < 20%.

Remember guys, even one box helps.

AtomicMoose said:
you have the firepower...what are ya', yeller?
:p

actually, UD causes me major problems.

Is there a way to install it w/o screen saver being added? This causes me serious trouble in my application. I know, sounds wussy but I almost sent a machine to a MAJOR event...running the UD screen saver. Way, way bad. I won't touch UD after that.

marty9876 said:
actually, UD causes me major problems.

Is there a way to install it w/o screen saver being added? This causes me serious trouble in my application. I know, sounds wussy but I almost sent a machine to a MAJOR event...running the UD screen saver. Way, way bad. I won't touch UD after that.
Just disable the screen saver after you install it. Will that work for you?

AtomicMoose said:
Just disable the screen saver after you install it. Will that work for you?

I forget too. I know, the simplest thing in the world. But doing many, while doing 6 other things at once it can (and has) slipped by me.

Just a quirk that short of a machine lighting on fire, screen savers for me are up there in bad things.

AtomicMoose said:
A31 actually. And I have an R51 coming to me. :D

I have my R51 that I am using right now as my main school rig. With 1GB of memory, it scores roughly in the 160-165 area.

I cannot wait until June when I get my T42...and will be on 24/7.

James

marty9876 said:
I forget too. I know, the simplest thing in the world. But doing many, while doing 6 other things at once it can (and has) slipped by me.

Just a quirk that short of a machine lighting on fire, screen savers for me are up there in bad things.
So, are you in or out?

sorry :(

i'd do this, but until i decide this psu is successfully resurected, i can only (maybe) get a 3000+ xp. and it isn't on 24/7. my box is still on fah... eh, sign me up for <20%.

the black knight always triumphs!

Back