Are you "Moose" Enough? (UD Gauntlet)

Do I really have points coming in? Really this is not my intent, I have no clue where those are from.... :confused:

marty9876 said:
Do I really have points coming in? Really this is not my intent, I have no clue where those are from.... :confused:
You are getting points from somewhere....that is why I am tracking them.
:)

AtomicMoose said:
Wanted to let you boys get a week under your belts....almost time to bring the pain.
:D

Well you got 2 free days cause my DSL was down at home :mad: ... On the bright side I was able to finish off a F@H unit on one of the machines while I had no internet access.

We have reached the halfway point and some of you have some ground to make up. And you know I ain't gonna make this easy. The time has come....

Props to Anderu for passing 10 million points! :cool:

Week 2

Moose currently has 78097 points.
Anderu is currently a Reach-Through Reverser with 152164 points and 195% production.
Marty9876 is currently Reach-Through bait with 8040 points and 10% production.
charpman is currently a Reach-Through Reverser with 134368 points and 172% production.
DooKey is currently a Moose-ling with 39045 points and 50% production.
DougLite is currently Reach-Through bait with 14877 points and 19% production.
StrikeMaster is currently a Moose-ling with 36690 points and 47% production.
James_TheVirus is currently Reach-Through bait with 8853 points and 11% production.
DF454 is currently a Hairless Moose with 17213 points and 22% production.
[H]ugh_Freak is currently a Hairless Moose with 21302 points and 27% production.
RPhArrow is currently Reach-Through bait with 15139 points and 19% production.
sawatt is currently Reach-Through bait with 8475 points and 11% production.
rogue_jedi is currently Reach-Through bait with 387 points and 0% production.
unhappy_mage is currently Reach-Through bait with 9032 points and 12% production.
Rich Tate is currently Reach-Through bait with 6020 points and 8% production.
roftranspo is currently Reach-Through bait with 9775 points and 13% production.

udweek2.jpg

Just as a reminder, here is the tiers that you all signed up for...
Anderu and Mary are shooting for the Moose Molester tier
New comer, Charpman wants to be a Moose Thumper
Dookey is shooting for Equa-Mooser
Strikemaster and DougLite are Moose-ling
RPhArrow, DF454, James_TheVirus, and [H]uge_Freak are all Hairless Moose
Rich Tate, roftranspo, Unhappy_mage, rogue_jedi and Sawatt are Reach-Through Bait​

Anderu and Mary are shooting for the Moose Molester tier

yea, what ever stuffy

damnit >_< i drop back a percent...at least im still ahead of Rich :p

FOR THE HORDE

You now got another 4 free days since I didn't have internet access at my house from Wed night all the way till Monday afternoon. Who else thinks my phone company blows ass????

At least I have one or two boxen running it that aren't at home.

In this area, yes, the phone co. "blows ass", to quote H_F. I'm assuming those three little letters, D, S, and L, are the source of this unhappiness?

My job (when not wrangling with Cisco TAC :rolleyes: ) is to soothe those irritated souls in the area with Verizon's wonderful broadband. I bring them 5mb/384kb cable modems, which run at that advertised speed or I'll eat the modem. Dependability? I point out that the modem I have at home is covered in a fine layer of dust. I never have to touch the silly thing, It Just Works.

They bitch about the price, I ask them if Verizon sent a tech support troop to their door to troubleshoot their problem. If our modem acts up, you get me and the chief line technician here to see why. Damn, those are some noisy crickets... :D

Yes, I work for a small town ISP / cable company. No, I wouldn't trade it to work for Comcast/ABB/Cox/JoeBlow. 3,000 people know me by sight, and virtually none of them have reason to swear at me. Very occasionally, job satisfaction exists. :)

Week 3 saw Anderu make some strides and actually reach his goal. Can he hang onto it? We shall see...

The rest of you slackers need to keep up. It is only going to get [H]arder. :D

Week 3

Moose currently has 113016 points.
Anderu is currently a Moose Molester with 235582 points and 208% production.
Marty9876 is currently Reach-Through bait with 9788 points and 9% production.
charpman is currently Reach-Through Reverser with 208098 points and 184% production.
DooKey is currently a Moose-ling with 55400 points and 49% production.
DougLite is currently a Hairless Moose with 27224 points and 24% production.
StrikeMaster is currently a Moose-ling with 55511 points and 49% production.
James_TheVirus is currently Reach-Through bait with 13043 points and 12% production.
DF454 is currently a Hairless Moose with 27907 points and 25% production.
[H]ugh_Freak is currently a Hairless Moose with 27432 points and 24% production.
RPhArrow is currently a Hairless Moose with 28391 points and 25% production.
sawatt is currently Reach-Through bait with 13118 points and 12% production.
rogue_jedi is currently Reach-Through bait with 2644 points and 2% production.
unhappy_mage is currently Reach-Through bait with 11482 points and 10% production.
Rich Tate is currently Reach-Through bait with 11856 points and 10% production.
roftranspo is currently Reach-Through bait with 11588 points and 10% production.

UDweek3.jpg

Moose, you had better watch out...You never know what I might do next (or it could be just sit back and watch you) ;)

JTV

Edit: Formatting

James_TheVirus said:
Moose, you had better watch out...You never know what I might do next (or it could be just sit back and watch you) ;)

JTV

Edit: Formatting
For 3 weeks I hear this talking....no action.

AtomicMoose said:
For 3 weeks I hear this talking....no action.

Actually, this week will probably end up being lower still. I lost my internet connection when I returned to the city, so nothing until tonight when the Bell guy comes along. I am also moving on Saturday...but with my new place comes free power, and my server and a couple old boxes should be up 24/7. I also ordered dual PIII x 600 for the server. Was cheaper to buy them then to get another PIII x 500. So, I shall see where it takes me!

James

Y'know, for not having the faintest idea what these machines could do with LigandFit and Rosetta...

I'm running right on the advertised.

Dumb luck? I can live with that. :D

(woot!) Took long enough, got me [H]ardness as well!

RPhArrow said:
:rolleyes: think of checking with mage ?? :D
Nah, you need a password to join a machine to UD... not that Marty's passwords are hard to guess - would you believe "i<3moose"? Took me four guesses. :p :rolleyes:

unhappy_mage said:
Nah, you need a password to join a machine to UD... not that Marty's passwords are hard to guess - would you believe "i<3moose"? Took me four guesses. :p :rolleyes:

ROFL !!! :p & I was still thinking how to overcome that obstacle :D I'm not quite as smart, so I was looking for a password hacking proggie ! I couldn't find one under "Marty".....

RPhArrow ---\\\\------------------------------->

Strikemaster said:
In this area, yes, the phone co. "blows ass", to quote H_F. I'm assuming those three little letters, D, S, and L, are the source of this unhappiness?

Yes, I work for a small town ISP / cable company. No, I wouldn't trade it to work for Comcast/ABB/Cox/JoeBlow. 3,000 people know me by sight, and virtually none of them have reason to swear at me. Very occasionally, job satisfaction exists. :)

Of course its those 3 little letters. I'm lucky my little phone company actually has it. Only other option for me is to use DirectWay, which I'm not gonna pay $100 a month for internet acces unless it's over 20Mbps. Hell I already have to pay $35 a month for my crappy 384/128k DSL line. The closest cable outlet to me is over 6 miles away. For some things, rural living is not good. :(

[H]ugh_Freak said:
Of course its those 3 little letters. I'm lucky my little phone company actually has it. Only other option for me is to use DirectWay, which I'm not gonna pay $100 a month for internet acces unless it's over 20Mbps. Hell I already have to pay $35 a month for my crappy 384/128k DSL line. The closest cable outlet to me is over 6 miles away. For some things, rural living is not good. :(

I have to assume the delay was due to the phone co. again. Sorry 'bout your luck (and I am *not* being sarcastic)... :(

Second the issues with DirecWay, waaaay too much money for the bumwad throttling stunts they pull. An option you might not have looked into may be wireless internet access, and I don't mean that Linksys / Netgear consumer crap. Maryland counties, especially in the western part of the state, have gone with unlicensed-spectrum wireless for their needs. These pioneers went the extra mile and "wired" their entire infrastructure on their own. The 2nd phase brings private individuals and ISPs online. To a much smaller degree, we use the same equipment to connect the outlying homes outside our cable area. The speeds we offer range from 512K/128 to 1M/384K. Heck, we've been offering free installation, and this equipment ain't cheap!

There's always another option, even if it comes down to the old "Pringles Can" directional antennas between you and a better-connected neighbor on the next hill. Luck be with you.

Strikemaster said:
I have to assume the delay was due to the phone co. again. Sorry 'bout your luck (and I am *not* being sarcastic)... :(

Second the issues with DirecWay, waaaay too much money for the bumwad throttling stunts they pull. An option you might not have looked into may be wireless internet access, and I don't mean that Linksys / Netgear consumer crap. Maryland counties, especially in the western part of the state, have gone with unlicensed-spectrum wireless for their needs. These pioneers went the extra mile and "wired" their entire infrastructure on their own. The 2nd phase brings private individuals and ISPs online. To a much smaller degree, we use the same equipment to connect the outlying homes outside our cable area. The speeds we offer range from 512K/128 to 1M/384K. Heck, we've been offering free installation, and this equipment ain't cheap!

There's always another option, even if it comes down to the old "Pringles Can" directional antennas between you and a better-connected neighbor on the next hill. Luck be with you.

Thanks for the sympathy. I know where you are coming from with the small town cable co. When I actually lived in town I used the local, small, underdog cable co. I loved my 5Mbit/384k connection. Most of the time it was usually faster then that and customer service was great.

Yes, I agree with DirectWay being crap and overpriced. Unfortunetly I live around either old people that have been here for 40+ years or upstart wanna-be rich snobs that all scoff at doing anything together like a public internet utility. The distances between houses would require nearly everyone to have an exspensive antenna and repeater to rebroadcast the signal to the next house down the line. Anything using unlicensed-spectrum would take years to get state regulatory approval and would face significant opposition in the courts here. I've checked with the local internet utils...they all don't want the competition and would sue to prevent it. And since they would have the most money they would win cause here in KS the courts rule all. They even set spending measures. I'm just praying Wi-Max actually delivers and some company here pushes it out soon.

Doesn't matter that much cause I'm moving out of this overtaxed craphole of a oligarchy in about 1.5 or 2 years anyway. Can you tell I hate this state?

brycejones said:
Hugh -

What part of KS are you in?

From his "delivery", I guess either the wrong side of the KS/ MO line near Kansas City, or only slightly better, the "wind tunnel" known as Wichita.

Been there (McConnell AFB), done that (tornados), got the T-shirt:

I LOVE
to see
Kansas
in my rear-view mirror!

Er, "Go Jayhawks!" ? :D

In the home stretch now....

This week saw Moose smack you bitches up as he pushed ahead. Anderu wasn't able to hold on to his 200% level. Can he battle back in the final lap? Should prove interesting.

One thing to note, Charpman is the only one to exceed his tier %. So either he sandbagged me, or ramped like the dickens! ;) Nice going, Charpman.

Week 4

Moose currently has 167107 points.
Anderu is currently a Reach-Through Reverser with 315175 points and 189% production.
Marty9876 is currently Reach-Through bait with 16234 points and 10% production.
charpman is currently a Reach-Through Reverser with 283888 points and 170% production.
DooKey is currently a Moose-ling with 73020 points and 44% production.
DougLite is currently a Hairless Moose with 35780 points and 21% production.
StrikeMaster is currently a Moose-ling with 70016 points and 42% production.
James_TheVirus is currently Reach-Through bait with 21654 points and 13% production.
DF454 is currently a Hairless Moose with 42793 points and 26% production.
[H]ugh_Freak is currently a Hairless Moose with 39966 points and 24% production.
RPhArrow is currently a Hairless Moose with 43112 points and 26% production.
sawatt is currently Reach-Through bait with 18312 points and 11% production.
rogue_jedi is currently Reach-Through bait with 4978 points and 3% production.
unhappy_mage is currently Reach-Through bait with 15552 points and 9% production.
Rich Tate is currently Reach-Through bait with 15126 points and 9% production.
roftranspo is currently Reach-Through bait with 14363 points and 9% production.

udweek4.jpg

I honestly didn't know what you had hidden away and might bring out. I still have 13 more PC's I could bring online, but the heat is already starting to get to me as it warms up outside. Can't wait to see my power bill this month :)

charpman said:
I honestly didn't know what you had hidden away and might bring out. I still have 13 more PC's I could bring online, but the heat is already starting to get to me as it warms up outside. Can't wait to see my power bill this month :)
Well, you have successfully countered any ramping I've done.

Nice work.
:)

Let's just say that I am making efforts at recapturing that 11%.

Strikemaster said:
From his "delivery", I guess either the wrong side of the KS/ MO line near Kansas City, or only slightly better, the "wind tunnel" known as Wichita.

Been there (McConnell AFB), done that (tornados), got the T-shirt:

Er, "Go Jayhawks!" ? :D

We have a winner for the guess my location contest :D Near KC only a mile from Missery. On the south side of town. Oh and yes I also HATE the Wizard of Oz with a passion, along with those ChickenHawks. Go K-State Wildcats.

Bah .....Rant time...........

Ok Moose I'm down one machine cause someone broke into my house today and took one of my computers. And yes I said only one.. they left my laptop and main machine alone. These guys must have been on crack cause they took stuff that was weird together. Thankfully one of my few neighbors was driving by when it happened and got a good look at their car. No license plate though :( Only thing I'm really pissed about is my modded xbox. Can't really turn in a claim other then just for an xbox. BAHHH I'm sure these dipshits will be back cause they left alot of high priced things. I need to start parking at a neighbors house and walk back to mine. Then wait for them to show :D I've always wanted to torture someone. .... I'm not a freak for nothing ;)

[H]ugh_Freak said:

Ok Moose I'm down one machine cause someone broke into my house today and took one of my computers. And yes I said only one.. they left my laptop and main machine alone. These guys must have been on crack cause they took stuff that was weird together. Thankfully one of my few neighbors was driving by when it happened and got a good look at their car. No license plate though :( Only thing I'm really pissed about is my modded xbox. Can't really turn in a claim other then just for an xbox. BAHHH I'm sure these dipshits will be back cause they left alot of high priced things. I need to start parking at a neighbors house and walk back to mine. Then wait for them to show :D I've always wanted to torture someone. .... I'm not a freak for nothing ;)
Man, that sucks!

[H]ugh_Freak said:

That sucks REALLY hard :( but atleast when they plug it back it back in, it will still be folding.. Yea...i try to look on the brightside of things.

Back