The AeroCool Gallery

GQCarrick

Limp Gawd
I just got tired of seeing all the Lian Li and Coolermaster cases I thought I would have somewhere for the Aerocool Cases for everyone to see. Whether it be the ExtremEngine 3T or the AeroEngine II, etc, show off what you are doing with the cases.

Here is my case, no inside pictures yet but here it is on my favorite website, 3dxtreme.net

IMG_1912.jpg

I have an Aerocool case, but I rather not post it because the cables are really messy...

Water cooled Masstige. Need a longer Sata cable so i can hide it and a shorter Ide cable to make it look cleaner.

thanks, i actually just made them higher res. Im gonna miss that system :(

how does the asus a8n sli premium work for you kid 8? I purchased that board and then sent it back to newegg because i read all of the posts in various forums that said that the heatpipe preforms rather poorly when inverted. what kind of temps are u getting? Once i assemble my rig i will post some pics in this thread!!! I love my masstige!!!!!

i apologize for the quick post, but OMG kid8 you are amazing in your stealthing skills!!!! if you dont mind me asking how did you stealth your drives. ive been trying to do that forever with no luck. any help and pics would be greatly appreciated!

Just... with that case they're in the front. Flip them around and connect everything backwards.... it's what I did...

im sorry Arcygenical, maybe its because i havent had my coffee yet, but i dont follow what you said. What exactly is to be flipped around? I guess i should have been clearer, my mistake, I was referring to the stealthing of the cd/dvd drive(s).

um temps on the premium chipset was in the low 40s till i added a fan to the front of the bays and now they are at 30. As far as stealthing the Cd drive goes all i did was take off the side clips and use clear double side tape from walmart. Works great. Sorry I don't have any pics of it for you though. No digital camera :(

so you just removed the plastic supports and what did you do from there? did you have to cut the mesh drive bays down? any more details you have would be greatly appreciated!

yea i scored the plastics snaps and just bent them back and forth till they broke off. Then i removed the plastic inners of the bay cover so that it wouldn't be to heavy. I then just used clear double sided tape to build up enough space to put it on. Then just use a little bit more for the corner w/the button and your all set to go.

sorry for the delay in posting pics, my enermax liberty 500w is acting flaky. Im going to rma it and was wonering if i should get one of the antec true power psus

My Aerocool ExtremeEngine 3T should be arriving tomorrow, shouldnt take to long to transfer my rig over to it. I'm looking forward to the massive 25cm fan, really hoping I see a all around temperature drop, and noise level drop.

Skrying said:
My Aerocool ExtremeEngine 3T should be arriving tomorrow, shouldnt take to long to transfer my rig over to it. I'm looking forward to the massive 25cm fan, really hoping I see a all around temperature drop, and noise level drop.
definitely keep an update, i like that case.
id like to put that fan in my stacker :D

domoMKIV said:
definitely keep an update, i like that case.
id like to put that fan in my stacker :D

Everything just arrived (ExtremeEngine 3T, Arctic Silencer 64 Ultra, and a Masscool 120mm case fan). I'm going to try to remember to take some pics comparing the 25cm fan to a 120mm and a 80mm, just to give an impression of how large this fan is......... its HUGE.

I'll post later!

Its done! I cant post pics right now, built the PC at my shop and the digital cameras are at home. But I will give you my impressions with the case, what I liked, didnt like, and if I'm happy with my purchase.

The Good:

Its very quiet, the large 25cm fan moves amazing amounts of air at whisper volume levels. All I hear from it is a soft whir, which is perfect.

Easy to work with. No, this case does not have tool less features, which I find a good thing. I'm an old fart when it comes to installing parts, I want screws. My experience with tool less cases has been bad, with only one case I really enjoyed that was tool less. So the EE 3T not being tool less was a plus for me.

Fan controller works great. Does what it says, and made cable management easier when in a rush to build.

Good amount of room for a mid tower. Again, easy to work with. No sharp edges that I saw, or at least I got no cuts at all.

Doors are easy to open. I like this, I can easily flick them open or close.

Doors do not get in the way of any front panal functions. I LOVE this. I can easily connect USB devices to the front and keep the doors closed.

The Bad:

Can be loud, but you should never need to do this. Only time its loud is when you have the fans maxed, which makes only 2C or 3C difference.

Hard drives must be installed with the brackets. Thankfully my EE 3T came included with these.

Overall:

I love it. I'm very happy with my purchase. Aerocool makes a great case, IMO. The only true flaw is the HD bracket issue (why didnt they just made the holes horizontal ovals and not circles?).

I'll post pictures later. I got a decent one of a 120mm compared to the 25cm. Hehe. :)

Okay, took some pictures of the outside, and one of the inside. The wires are a mess right now, I rushed this build, there is plenty of room to hide the wires, I'll probably tackle that task next weekend though.

Anyway, hope you enjoy these pictures, I'm really enjoying the case.

This first picture is a good image of the complete case. Very stlyish, its hard to tell from the picture, but the paint job is fairly nice:

P1010511Small.jpg

This next one is a side view of the large 25cm fan. Its a very good fan, moves TONS of air, and stays extremely quiet even at full blast:

P1010507Small.jpg

Here's a good picture to give you a idea of how large the 25cm is compared to a more common 120mm fan:

P1010510Small.jpg

Here's a view of the front with the doors closed:

P1010505Small.jpg

Here's a view of the front doors open:

P1010506Small.jpg

A decent shot of the back. That 120mm in the back (does not come with the case, I had to order it) is wide open and moves lots of air. A great back area from Aerocool, IMO:

P1010514Small.jpg

Here's the shot of the inside. Sorry for the mess of wires, I'll fix this up next weekend, was in a rush to get this built today so didnt spend any time hiding everything. You can also see the Arctic Silencer 64 Ultra, a great heatsink:

P1010513Small.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys these as much as I enjoy my Aerocool ExtremeEngine 3T. Highly recommend this case to anyone out there.

I have an AeroCool masstige (black), but I'm currently in the process of re-working a lot of it. I'll probably finish it up after finals week (few weeks) and I'll be sure to post it here.

Things I'm working on:

1) better cable management / new SATA cables
2) replacing stock cooling on my 6600GT
3) ramsinks on my cheap memory
4) attack a silent fan to my AeroCool GT-1000

After that I'll feel much better about it. I won the Masstige case, GT-1000 and a TurbinePower 550W PSU at a lan party and decided to use them instead of sell them. I've been pretty impressed with the performance of each part so far. The GT-1000 is a little bulky for my taste, but it does a good job of keeping my insanely hot-running NewCastle stable. I'm afraid it's so heavy it will bend/tear part of the motherboard, but it hasn't had any problems. The case is spacious enough that it isn't much of an issue either. The power supply hasn't been tested, really. My 6600GT doesn't use external power, and I only have two hard disks.

forget front panel fan controllers when you can have Zalman Fan Mates, lol

the 120mm fan is the only mod i've made so far, i wanna put a 80mm fan on my window panel and back panel blowing air thru my HD [it hits 70C at times, pretty bad] or i was thinking of putting 2x80mm fans as an exhaust for my HD but i don't think that would help as much as the fans blowing at the HD

wires are everywhere :( lol, i'm tired of trying to clean it up, but whatever - i still get good airflow

I was annoyed with the lack of airflow and the noise that the front turbine caused so I just cut it out. :D

Here's my little review of the Engine 3T: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1031644

My views are still the same though I had to change a few things to get the thing as quiet as I wanted.

1. Unplugged the NB fan. (EVGA's fault)
2. Plug my vid cooler and CPU cooler into the 5v connectors
3. Turn the front/side fan to low. (rear is Yate Loon and it's frickin' silent on high)
4. Remove front turbine air-stopper!
5. Lined the inside of the case walls with fabric to trap dust and muffle accoustics
6. Taped over the holes behind the mesh drive bay covers (on the metal inserts)

Overall I still love the case and will keep working on it.

;)

First post on the Forums, you guys have some nice set ups.

Here's mine. A bit finger printed, as I took these during the original build, in a picture or 2 you can see the DVD burner before I stealthed it.
Nothing overly fancy, just functional. Still working on a better cable management system.

DSCN1071.jpg

DSCN1057.jpg

DSCN1049.jpg

yeah it does look good, you might look into getting round cables or running the cables thru the other panel side

Yea, I agree, round cables would be good, or running them through the other side. Hidden is always better.

Skrying said:

Any update Skrying????

Here's my coolview. And to anyone wondering, no, I don't have the LCD and gatewatch software running, it wasn't worth the hassle IMO. Plus I like the look with the LCD off :)

Watch out, they're big!

pics

Back