The AeroCool Gallery

LOL!
dsc027597ki.jpg

Yes thats a 8800GTS AND A X1800XT!

Right now I'm in the process of turning the backpanel upside down so that the motherboard shows through the window on the right side, and then i can see the top of my graphics card. The power supply will be on the bottom and I'm hoping I can get it all back together tomorrow. I also put the window on the inside of the case so that it is now flush, and am in need of a rivet gun from a friend's house to finish it up. It is alot more work than what it looks like and there is no going back because there is cutting involved. I hope this works.

I wanted to be able to see th etop of the graphics card and i like the look of the power supply in the bottom. My cpu temps have dropped about 4 degrees too, just on the stock cooler.

Did you just flip the front and put the top where the bottom was..lol

I took off the back panel, and I had to move the support brace for the motherboard tray and the power supply to the other side. basically the bottom of the back panel is on the top now, making the motherboard tray be on the left and flipping the motherboard, video card, ect. upside down. the front panel and everything is on just as it was and I was lucky enough that the side panels are the same for both sides.

I took off the back panel, and I had to move the support brace for the motherboard tray and the power supply to the other side. basically the bottom of the back panel is on the top now, making the motherboard tray be on the left and flipping the motherboard, video card, ect. upside down. the front panel and everything is on just as it was and I was lucky enough that the side panels are the same for both sides.

Looks really good man. I'll have to look at doing that for my AeroEngine II as well...Looks like it might be some fun. Got a work log for that?

Nah, I did most of it late at night out in the garage so it was poor lighting and my camera sucks. It's not really hard to do, it just took some "creative thinking" to get everything bolted back up and to make sure there wasn't too much flex in it.

Dude, that looks awesome! But what's up with the Zalman HSF and watercooling?

Are you just watercooling the video cards or what?

I guess that's a custom side panel?

Anyway, the Masstige never looked so good.

DE

hows the alpha cool lcd? i wanted to go red led for my whole case and i want that lcd lol

hey viper can u give me a quick guide of how u painted the inside of your case.I have it all sanded down but nervous about applying primer and paint i don't wanna fak up.

i have an EE 3T case and i was thinking of making the 250 mm side fan look a bit less boring so i was thinking of adding some UV LEDs around the edge of it and coating it in a blue UV reactive paint. Would adding the paint potentially mess up the fan or would it just be too much of a hassle? Would it therefore be better to simply replace the fan with a 250mm blue LED fan such as here or here?

If you were just painting the fan blades and taping up the rest, then there would be no problem with that. Personally, I would paint it and do the UV cold cathode deal, it feels good when something you do yourself turns out so nice looking. And, if you didn't like that, it wouldn't be like you couldn't buy one of those other fans anyways...

Yeh i think your right Viperlover i might as well try it. so if i did it i would do it in blue sowhich brand of UV paint should i use. Also i want to just use UV LEDs and not a CCFL so how many should i use as i intend for them to go round the edge of the fan and i dont know how strong they are?

CrazyBeaner, is there any way you could get a pic of the way you routed the cable for your Audigy 2, you know the Big Ugly Gray one.

Thank you.

Project turned out great Mini! You know it's not offical without temps :p

Where did you order your Alpha cool LCD? I am in USA and can't seem to find a domestic vendor with them You have any advice where I could look?

WC loop finally finished, my picutres aren't the best as I am shakey by nature, I'll try to get someone who can stand still to take pics for me.

pc3.jpg

PC1.jpg

DSC05768.jpg

here is my updated rig with some new mods and hardware, check out the comparison to my old setup in previous posts.

This is my Aerocool Masstige with some mods/additions.
I added a window at top with a 120 mm fan to exhaust the hot air from my 8800gts, works really nice. I cut some holes for my nautilus and got a second 120mm fan bracket for the front.

Just to answer your question about the lcd it's an Alphacool LCD, it's 2x 5 1/4". They run about $130 USD. They make an internal and external model, and come in black and silver.

Aerocool masstige here

http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crazysrigrc9.jpg

With some light on

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crazysrig2ci8.jpg

Cable management is kinda low, i just bumped up my dvd drive up a slot from the last and i just shoved all the cables under there, kinda clean.

You can also see my poor paint job and forgetting to paint the back inside of the case ;p

If anyone still has their aerocool masstiges, post em up! i wanna get some mod ideas going, otherwise, i might just get the antec 300 :eek:

Bump, keep the thread alive, i want to see if theres any other masstiges out there! i need some modding ideas :(

Still modding this beast!

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

Retro camera action of the complete build:
shot_1298477086282.jpg

New Hardware:
Phenom 1055 X6 @ 3.9
M4A89-GTD
4gb Ram
F60 SSD
Icydock 4x2.5" 5.25 cage
Corsair HX 750
6970 on the way
Old 9800gt (for physx/cuda)

WC gear: (Oldies but goodies!)
PolarFlo TT CPU
PolarFlo TT GPU
Swiftech MCP 600
Swiftech 3x120-qp rad
DD 1x120 rad

Fans:
Nidec BETA V's Tri blade (ta450dc) + spacers

Mods:
Modded the PolarFlo TT for AM3
Removed the PSU/HDD cage from the case
Removed rear fan guard (routing tubing + less noise)
Gutted the 80mm fans (there's MORE than enough airflow here!)
- Previously installed 3x120mm rad
-Fill port
-Drain port
-Casters

Back