The AeroCool Gallery

I recently got an Aeroengine II and went to chopping on it right when I got it. Put in a 120mm blowhole, Musketeer 2 Dynamics Detector, Fan Controller, 2 120's on the side, fan card, and a vga cooler for my shit FX5200 (<-hey it works....). The turbine wobbling is annoying me and I don't know how to hook up my leds for the front and the reset button. Can someone show me how they took out the turbine, or fixed it, and PLEASE post pics of where the hookups to the leds and reset button go. I'll post some pics sometime but I'm warning you, the wires are a total rats nest because I'm puttin in a new power supply tomorrow.

I only got my front HDD LED to work and not the power one. The diagram should be in your motherboard's manual.

I removed the front turbine with a shrub trimmer. ;) The sheers were strong enough to cut through the little plastic bars that held the turbine in place. Just remove the front of the case and you'll have access to it.

I have the AeroEngine II and my front "turbine" / Fan hardly wobbles, it doesn't bother me because its quiet and its supposed to wobble I think, just like a jet engine does the same thing. But whatever floats your boat, go for it and mod it.

I was thinking about taking it off and getting an aerocool turbine fan like this
svcompucycle_1900_12034393

but it I'm pretty sure it only comes as a 120. It looks to me like on the front of the case it has pre drilled mounting holes for a 120 so I could move the 140 to the inside part of the case and put the 120 where the 140 currently is now. Can anyone verify that the mounting hole are for a 120mm up there?

some pics of my rig after i installed a windowed blow hole. I will post some internal shots once i get my zalman vf900 installed on tuesday or wednesday. Please tell me what you think of my rig!!!

ordered another 120mm bracket so i could have 2 intakes, one for cpu and the other to give the vid card some air.

this is my first mod and I think i went pretty well. A little to bright for my tastes, but the fan was free :)

These shots were taken throught the window. I will take some better shots on all the components next week when i get some canned air and install the new vid card cooler.

here are some pics of the internals of my rig. I need to do some cable management for the psu but those enermax liberty psu's are tough with the way the cables are laid out.

hey, that looks pretty sweet. nice wiring job too.

front door looks like the Tt Armor, I like it :p

very nice!!! I will post some updated pics of my masstige witht he second vid card and redone wiring

Looks great!

I see you opted for the manually 5.25" bay mounting of the hard drives as opposed to the bays above the power supply. I did the same thing.

Yeah, I thought it looked cleaner.

I love the way the Masstige holds a 2 x 120mm radiator. It's almost like it was made for it.

DE

Here's my other rig, have had this case for over a year now.

I stealthed my drives using the original bay covers, and I also removed the crappy 14cm fan an replaced it with a more powerful 12cm fan. Also, put a finer mesh behind the black mesh in front of the turbine to help diminish dust inside the case.

AeroCool AeroEngine II
Opteron 175
DFI Ultra-D modded to SLI w/ Evercool VC-RE chipset cooler
2 x MSI 7800GT in SLI w/ Zalman vf-900's on each
2 x 512mb Geil ONE TCCD sticks
2 x Hitachi 80Gb Deskstars RAID 0
2 x DVD Burners (Stealthed)
Audigy 2 Sound Card
OCZ Powerstream 520W

And yes, there are 2 DVD Drives in there...=)

would you mind showing me how you stealthed the drives, they look very nice and clean. Lot better than anything I have been able to do with my masstige. Pics with explanations would be much appreciated

gilga said:
would you mind showing me how you stealthed the drives, they look very nice and clean. Lot better than anything I have been able to do with my masstige. Pics with explanations would be much appreciated

I assume you're asking me - since my case is the Masstige -

Anyway, I just bundled the cables with zip ties, and then attached them to the bottom of the optical drive with a cable-tie anchor.

The PSU cables are routed on the opposite side of the drive bays.

img2908sf5.jpg

img2909fl4.jpg

img2920fe6.jpg

gilga said:
\

We're you talking to me or the other guy? I have pics somewhere of how I did mine..just some super glue and a case screw..=)

I removed the bezel from the DVD Drive, and put the door cover back on. I then proceeded to take a drive bay cover and cut off the two clips that hold it in place when it's in the bay.

I then took my cut bay cover, and centered it as best I could in the drive bay (with the DVD Drive recessed a little ways into the bay), and then I took it off, put super glue on the points that contacted with the DVD Door cover (quite a bit) and the I held it in place until the glue set.

I then opened the DVD drive and put more glue around the contact points.

Once that was done, it was on to figure out how to get the drive to open. So, I figured I'd try and see if I could find a screw the right length, and I did. I super glued the screw onto the drive bay cover (the screw must barely, if at all, touching the eject button), and voila!

All you have to do is press lightly on the bottom right corner, and the drive opens. I've had my drives like this for about 10-12 months, and have never ran into any problems!!

Hope this helps!

WOW!!!! Brinz, what a nice job of stealthing, very creative and nice looking. I have made many attempto to stealth my drive but havent been happy with the results. Any chance you have some pics of the drive stealth? Sorry for all of the questions, just want a clean look like your case! Take care and thanx for all of the pm's and replies

gilga said:
WOW!!!! Brinz, what a nice job of stealthing, very creative and nice looking. I have made many attempto to stealth my drive but havent been happy with the results. Any chance you have some pics of the drive stealth? Sorry for all of the questions, just want a clean look like your case! Take care and thanx for all of the pm's and replies

It will take ages to find them. since I had to recover data from my HDD, they aren't named or in any folders anymore..I'll start looking now...=)

Here's the pics Gilga..Hope these help!!

Remove the Bezels, but put the CD Door back on...you'll need it..
unknown003979copysh2.jpg

These next two you can see where I glued the Bay Cover onto the Door Cover, and how I glued on the screw so that I could make contact with the eject button..
unknown003991copyqb9.jpg

unknown003992copylb8.jpg

And here's the final result...
unknown004155copysc8.jpg

Dam thats nice!!!! looks like I am gonna have to contact aerocool and see if they will send me some replacement drive covers to replace the ones I destroyed.

gilga said:
Dam thats nice!!!! looks like I am gonna have to contact aerocool and see if they will send me some replacement drive covers to replace the ones I destroyed.

Did you mess them up before, or trying the mod I showed you?

Here's a few pics of mine. Finished this about 6-7 months ago. :) I also hacked off the "fake" fan in the front.

Specs are:
Aerocool AeroEngine II Case
Aerocool GateWatch Fan Controller
Aerocool 550W Turbine Power Power Supply
(3) Thermaltake BlueEyed Smartcase 120mm fans
Asus A8N32-SLI
AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego
ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED
Corsair 2GB XMS-3500LL PRO
Western Digital 150GB Raptor X
Western Digital 500GB

DSC03476.jpg

DSC03477.jpg

DSC03482.jpg

DSC03479.jpg

DSC03480.jpg

DSC03481.jpg

very nice mod of the front fan. I also love how you can see the raptor. Nice placement. I need to post some pics of my rig's interior. I have made some improvements on the wiring. No much but maybe worth a look.

dohc3si said:
Here's a few pics of mine. Finished this about 6-7 months ago. :) I also hacked off the "fake" fan in the front.

Specs are:
Aerocool AeroEngine II Case
Aerocool GateWatch Fan Controller
Aerocool 550W Turbine Power Power Supply
(3) Thermaltake BlueEyed Smartcase 120mm fans
Asus A8N32-SLI
AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego
ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED
Corsair 2GB XMS-3500LL PRO
Western Digital 150GB Raptor X
Western Digital 500GB

Only you forgot your GPU's.. =)

Also, what do you use that PC for besides driving games? I mean, you can't do much in your "cockpit," can you?

BrinNutz said:
Only you forgot your GPU's.. =)

Also, what do you use that PC for besides driving games? I mean, you can't do much in your "cockpit," can you?

Haha, nice catch. Actually, I do a lot in it from making web sites, to watching some movies to reading e-books. It's very comfortable to sit in. My fiance also uses it quite a lot to make PhotoStories and video of family etc. So we tend to spend some time in it. haha. I also have another computer just incase I want to sit upright and read/browse the internet.

dohc3si said:
Haha, nice catch. Actually, I do a lot in it from making web sites, to watching some movies to reading e-books. It's very comfortable to sit in. My fiance also uses it quite a lot to make PhotoStories and video of family etc. So we tend to spend some time in it. haha. I also have another computer just incase I want to sit upright and read/browse the internet.

I didn't know, cuz I saw your post in the LCD page...That's a pretty sweet setup...

Anywho, you still forgot to mention your GPU's..I'm just curious. :)

BrinNutz said:
I didn't know, cuz I saw your post in the LCD page...That's a pretty sweet setup...

Anywho, you still forgot to mention your GPU's..I'm just curious. :)

My bad, I forgot to put it in there. I have two Asus 7800GTXs Tops in SLI. They seem to do the job. :)

Very nice setup you have there dohc3si. It almost makes me regret getting the giant fan, with your setup and the two 120mm fans I'm sure the air movement is near the same and your very nice system interior is shown to the world. Once again, very impressive.

Skrying said:
Very nice setup you have there dohc3si. It almost makes me regret getting the giant fan, with your setup and the two 120mm fans I'm sure the air movement is near the same and your very nice system interior is shown to the world. Once again, very impressive.

Hi Skrying,

Thanks for the compliments. That's why I really picked this case is because of the windows and the fact that the window had mountings for the fans. Each fan blows at 92CFM, and produce way too much noise. haha. That's why I purchased the fan controller. I just couldn't take it anymore. It is much better with them turned down. But I really like your case also. Something about a fan the size of a small subwoofer just makes me smile. :) That things a beast.

dohc3si said:
Hi Skrying,

Thanks for the compliments. That's why I really picked this case is because of the windows and the fact that the window had mountings for the fans. Each fan blows at 92CFM, and produce way too much noise. haha. That's why I purchased the fan controller. I just couldn't take it anymore. It is much better with them turned down. But I really like your case also. Something about a fan the size of a small subwoofer just makes me smile. :) That things a beast.

Ahh, you got the loud 120mm's! :p

I'll be doing a bit of an upgrade around the holiday season to the case and I have a few mods to do. I removed the front "fake" fan last night and placed a dust filter there, looks are improved and maybe slight noise turbulence decrease (probably imagining it, but I still like it).

I'll be throwing a modular PSU in it, then I'll show what I can do with wiring, the pictures that are posted in this thread were done as soon as possible once I had the system inside, since then it looks a lot more bare inside, the way I like it.

im looking at buying the aerocool 3T case i and i was wondering whether a TT 120 would fit inside
so if anyone has that case could they measure and find out cos i dont know if the 250 mm side fan would be obstructing or not.
thanks in advance

Here is my spiral galaxy case. I had it under the knife as soon as it got in the door. I cut in fan outlets and fan cover holes to bolt down my radiator. Have a few UV lights and uv everything down to the resevoir. There is a 8800 hidden in there too. i didnt put it under water, because it is replacing a drowned 1900xtx. I cant take that pain anymore.=P
I wish I had mad camera skills, she looks much better than these pictures show.

my.php

my.php

my.php

I'm really digging everyones cases, I didnt think I would be such a AC fan. Looking good.

I took tons of pics.
Aerocool Aeroengine 2 case
ASUS P5ND2-SLI motherboard
2gb OCZ Gold
Ultra 550 watt modular ps
Sapphire Radeon X1800XT
Intel Pentium D 805 @ 3.2ghz on stock cooling
5 120's and a 140
Turned around hard drives
Stealthed drives
Painted inside black

Back