Wii. Itz coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dykstraflex

Limp Gawd
Starting tonight, there will be a trio of Wii tell-all conferences.

The first wil be in Japan, the second will be in the US, and the third will be in Europe.

It's expected that the final design, launch date and price, and launch titles will be announced.

These appear to be the finalized event times.

Place your bets here for the date and price of the Wii launch!

Edit: The official Japanese site is up.

Also, here's another good source of info.

Edit 2: Here's a recap of the US event.

The North America launch is November 19 for $249.99 US. (I guess the NY Times was right).

And here's the official Wii website.

The North America section isn't available just yet.

I'll start with some speculation:

10/20 launch date
Two packages:
Package 1: Wii, 2 Wiimotes, 0 games, $200
Package 2: Wii, 2 Wiimotes, combo disc with Wii sports + Duck Hunt Thing + Zapper + Virtual Console credit, $250

MonkeyShave said:

10/20 launch date
Two packages:
Package 2: Wii, 2 Wiimotes, combo disc with Wii sports + Duck Hunt Thing + Zapper + Virtual Console credit, $250

Hm.. I dont think that Zapper is going to be ready for launch. The pictures we saw at E3 were just a mock up of the idea really.

10/13

Debut's at $250 with a companies $25gift certificate return, usable at any EB games or e-tailer.

Box comes with 2 Wiimotes, and a random mario game that I really don't care to go look up.

Hehehe, this could be fun. Closest to the actual date and price should win a prize :p

I'll say one SKU, launching November 7th in the US, consisting of a console + one Wiimote and no games, for $249.99.

I'm going for November 10th in US. Don't know about a worldwide launch... I reckon there will be one hardware version but two bundles (One with just the console and controller, another with a console, two controllers and one game - probably some sports thing). $225 (for just the console and controller).

JethroXP said:
Hehehe, this could be fun. Closest to the actual date and price should win a prize :p

I'll say one SKU, launching November 7th in the US, consisting of a console + one Wiimote and no games, for $249.99.

im going to jump on this bandwagon. Unless Nintendo changes things up from how consoles have been and actually sells the console with a game.

Blauman said:
im going to jump on this bandwagon. Unless Nintendo changes things up from how consoles have been and actually sells the console with a game.
they used to

<3 super mario world

OK, I'm going for --> November 11th (in US), one SKU priced $200, comes with no games and 2 controllers.

ALL of their previous consoles have debuted at $200. I just don't see Nintendo breaking this tradition when Wii can easily be made for less than $200, considering what's in it.

Oct 20th in Japan, Nov 2nd in US

199$ for console plus wiimote. No factory bundles, no multiple SKUs, however there will be numerous annoying bundles from the retailers.

MonkeyShave said:

10/20 launch date
Two packages:

You really think for an extra fifty bones they would give you a gun controller, Wii Sports, and credit for the Virtual Console?

Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

3/11/2006 launch date... or w ii 2006
Two packages:
Package 1: Wii, 1 Wiimote, 0 games, $199.99
Package 2: Wii, 2 Wiimotes, Wii Sports game, $249.99

I called it.. it's all a big joke.. and Nintendo plans to put the gamecube through another 5 - 7 year cycle.. :eek: :eek:

No real info at this moment. http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/10307/ claims to have somebody there and has updated it a time or two so far, but mind the blinky-flashy ads.

edit: looks pretty fishy, sorry about that.

Wish they'd quit talking about the DS and get on with it already, LOL!

'fraid not. Compare his pics with this vid: http://www.irwebcasting.com/060607/03/74d18b0400/main/index_hi.htm

Fast-forward about 10 minutes into it, and take a look at the background + his clothing. Dude at my earlier link is watching a recording from (seeing the 060607 in the link) June 7, 2006 (6/7/06) or July 6, 2006.

(Unless you think you can fast-forward a live feed :))

I humbly apologize for thinking I had found a legit link on that.

Pics aren't up there anymore... odds are, they just used snapshots anyway.

We'll see if it updates anymore. I mean, it DID update twice just in the past 15-20 minutes, so someone's doing *something*

And if it's a hoax, they will burn for it :mad:

LMAO! You're right, they're updating now saying they ahd the wrong feed

At least they're admitting it :)

It's possible that the guy with the article thinks he's found the real deal and just doesn't know any better.

Now it says:

"Update we were given the incorrect streaming feed this page will be updated as soon as we can conf" (yes, it cuts in mid-word for me)

Again, I apologize. I won't go to their site again.

Yeah, I'll see what's happening in the morning. The news should be everywhere then.

Personally, I blame the time fuckup on Sony's 4D gaming research: it's created an unstable warping in Japan's space-time continuum which robbed people of basic timezone-conversion skills.

MonkeyShave said:
Personally, I blame the time fuckup on Sony's 4D gaming research: it's created an unstable warping in Japan's space-time continuum which robbed people of basic timezone-conversion skills.

Personally, I blame Doc and Marty.

As we say up here in the Pacific Northwest "It's in the PI". Didn't you see his link?

Anyway, only surprise here is that they would choose a Sunday for their release day. Seems odd.

I dunno but its a reprinting of a NYT article, which means its 90% (at least) credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back