Wii. Itz coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I was disappointed too. Plus remember that is a Sunday. Release a console on Sunday? It'll be nice since I wont have to take any days off work to pick it up and play with it. Since its the weekend before Thanksgiving, I might just take the three days of that week off and have a Wii-Week.

Well, I was kind of expecting the $250 price tag, but I was still hoping for the outside chance of $199 just to see how much ass Nintendo could kick. Ah well. The inclusion of Wii Sports adds at least $30 of value, so it's really not that big of a deal.

Yea I'm still wondering if they'll be sold out on launch day. I'm tempted to preorder (at toys-r-us since everyone else likes to fuck their preorder buyers). If it really is sunday and they have 1M+ units to sell in NA on launch day, I wont feel the need to preorder, since I'll just head to my local BB at 9am on sunday.

I was hoping for a $199 launch, but $250 is fine. I'll be picking one up on launch day as well. :D

zero002021 said:
I was hoping for a $199 launch, but $250 is fine. I'll be picking one up on launch day as well. :D
$250 sounds high to me for glorified Gamecube hardware. :eek: :(

edit: not trying to flame or anything with the comment about wii hardware, but last I read that's what it was

is it going ot bring 2 controllers or the classic controller or anything like that??

or is it just one control.. the console and wii sports?

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
is it going ot bring 2 controllers or the classic controller or anything like that??

or is it just one control.. the console and wii sports?

That's what I'm wondering too. If it comes with 2 Wiimotes, then I'm fine with that price.

Nuzzles said:
That's what I'm wondering too. If it comes with 2 Wiimotes, then I'm fine with that price.

same here...

it would be stupid if they didn't include at least 2 remotes.. why you ask?

well.. their whole business model for the wii is bringing peopel together.. and have fun with other people and the wii..

so i mean.. how will you have fun with anyone else if you only get 1 controller.. lol

workingnonstop said:
$250 sounds high to me for glorified Gamecube hardware. :eek: :(

edit: not trying to flame or anything with the comment about wii hardware, but last I read that's what it was

I'm going to have to agree. From what devs say it's only 2x a gc in power and around 1.5x an xbox, kind of expensive IMO. Nintendo is deffinately making money on the gc hardware wise , unless the motion sensor hardware is expensive, which I doubt. Actually I have a feeling nintendo isn't going with uber fast hardware because they want to see if the wii's motion sensor idea will fly and become popular, so they did it with slow hardware so that if it flops they won't do that bad. just my opinion :eek:

2:34PM: Virtual Console game pricing has now been officially confirmed. Iwata says the price of each game will start at 500 Yen, with SNES games going for 800 Yen, and N64 games costing 1000 Yen.

From the blog site posted. Take it as you will.

JustinSane said:
The NY Times article was just pulled off the web. YES
Presumably because they broke their date on it. It may well have been correct, but we'll know for certain tomorrow after Nintendo's U.S. conference.

(for example, a lazy journalist could have performed a rough conversion from Yen to U.S. Dollars or taken the "no more than $250" announcement too seriously. I'll reserve judgement until tomorrow.)

I don't know about what happens in other places, but where I live "technology writers", who are supposedly "experts", seem to use blogs and random internet rumours as their main reference. Combine that with the fact that almost all media in today's world is rediculously unreliable, and I would speculate that the article was pure bullshit.

If they release on December 2nd it'll be like Nintendo trying to drive a stake into the heart of Sony and instead hitting itself in the foot.

really doesn't matter when they release it, if there are no PS3s to be found/purchased...

2:56PM: Official release date in Japan is December 2nd. Price is 25000 Yen (approximately US$212)

2:56PM: Official release date in Japan is December 2nd. Price is 25000 Yen (approximately US$212)

We can only hope the NA release is earlier.

Also note Dec 2 is a Saturday.

At $250...I'll pass. I'll give Nintendo some time to lower their price and prove this isn't the same old third-party-neglected crap that they've been pulling ever since the N64. :( Like I care about some sports bundle. :rolleyes:

Nintendo will launch Wii in Japan on December 2 of this year for 25,000 yen, it revealed. North America will get the system first.

IF that is indeed true that's pretty amazing, considering in the olden console days, Japan got all the games and the systems first, and by a year at times.

Hmmm.. reports come in that Wii Sports is not bundled, but will be cheaper than premium ($50) titles. I think that the Seattle PI/NYT article is crap.

If it is releasing Dec 2 in Japan then Nov 19 in the US is about as realistic a guess as you can get if not later. The Dec 2 date in Japan shows that Nintendo is behind in production, or they want to build a stock so there aren't shortages. They cant reasonably miss black friday in the US though which is why they would release Nov 19, about as close as they can get.

Overall a bit underwhelming, more expensive and coming later than expected.

$250 is fine, + extra controller and all the good games at launch.

Awesome! Nov.19 is my birthday, I know what I'm getting myself this year. :cool:
And I'm taking tha week off from work. :D

Lamont said:
$250 is fine, + extra controller and all the good games at launch.

That depends on how much of a Nintendo fan you are...for me personally the Wii's only selling point was its price. Under $200, I might've considered it. $250...I'll wait until a "must-have" game (for me) comes out. Seeing as how that's the approach I took for the Gamecube and I still don't have one of those...it's looking more and more likely that Nintendo won't be getting my money though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back