November New Month New Deals - ClubIT Hot Deals

The windows XP w/ windows vista upgrade coupon deal is nice!

Any chance on some more details on the XP/upgrade coupon? Product page seemed pretty sparse, and there was a lot of confusion with Newegg's version, but if we can find out some more, I'll pull the trigger on this.

EDIT: Well, the nice ClubIT guy pointed me towards this. Looks very nice for either XP Media Center or Professional.

Can we see some optie 2xx or 8xx deals? Lets celebrate the 10/30/06 price drop :D

I was looking for these again, Newegg quit carrying them. These are the smallest USB Flash drives you can get. The picture doesn't do it justice. Two of these side by side would be about the size of an SD card. People have no clue what it is when I show them, they are in disbelief when I say it is a flash drive. It just can't be any smaller and still be USB It's barely USB as it is, as there is no metal outer shield on the connector.

Some nice deals on the main page include the 250g sata and the 500g... the dvd burner is nice as well.. although a $5 rebate is kinda.. bleh. A lot of ClubITs prices look very competitive and reasonable.. compared to what I initially saw them as when introduced to the site a while back. Although you haven't persuaded me to buy anything yet :D good job with the deals, keep em coming.

what i wold really like to know is will microsoft and by extension, retailers, be offering windows xp w/upgrade coupon thru hte winter up till the actual vista launch? kinda like the purchase protection since vista is final now? apple normally does that a couple months or so before new version comes out.

reason being: i want xp media center and the coupon. i cannot buy it this month. i dont want to turn around in december to buy it and stuff is all gone. i want my vista mailed ot me at launch!

The more important Question is (and i'd like someone from ClubIT verify this please):

Is the Vista upgrade coupon valid WITHOUT purchasing a new PC from one of the Microsoft Retail partners?

The coupons that are on sale everywhere mostly fail to mention this little but important fact! If you don't buy a new PC from Dell, HP etc. then you might as well smoke that coupon in a pipe since it's worthless without a valid sales receipt from one of the computer OEMs for a full system.

ScYcS said:
The more important Question is (and i'd like someone from ClubIT verify this please):

Is the Vista upgrade coupon valid WITHOUT purchasing a new PC from one of the Microsoft Retail partners?

The coupons that are on sale everywhere mostly fail to mention this little but important fact! If you don't buy a new PC from Dell, HP etc. then you might as well smoke that coupon in a pipe since it's worthless without a valid sales receipt from one of the computer OEMs for a full system.

was just going to buy the media center 2005 with coupon, but now I'm going to wait and see the response on this one.

I've got a coupon from XP SP2a OEM at work but not here. I got it from the other place (!) but I suppose it's valid for this discussion. I will try to remember to look tomorrow. :confused:

ScYcS said:

Is this true?

If so, then why are they being sold seperately? Is the merchant unaware or is it a matter of unscrupulous business practices?

If this is wrong, then please clear the confusion with specific details.

OK, I imageshack'd the certificate. As far as I can tell it does say Authorized System Builder, but it never defines it. Here's the linky:

Upgrade Form

Anyone better at legalese? I see a date securing eligibility (10-26-2006 to 3-15-2006) but have no idea if this loophole exists only when you try to upgrade or what.

EDIT: Warning! Native size so you can read the fine print!

The important part of the scan:

"2. Verify that your receipt for your PC preloaded with Windows XP home Edition shows that your purchase date.... No exceptions will be made."

Seems to me that you need a receipt for a whole PC preloaded with that XP version you bought....

ClubIT DealMaster any info? Thought about this but now its getting even more fishie. From their link http://www.clubit.com/vista_landing.cfm, It does state "you can enjoy the benefits of a new windows xp... blah blah blah...that your NEW PC can be upgraded to windows vista...."

OK, I just talked to a great lady by the name of Samantha from Microsoft that stated you only need to show the proof of purchase for the OEM copy of XP. For my customer, I am just going to give them a receipt showing that they bought the computer from me (even though I am not an Authorized System Builder) and that OEM XP SP2a was installed on it within the time period. Also, for you guys she said that they only require the proof that you bought OEM XPSP2a in the time period and for you to have a valid redemption form number, so your order number and date from someplace like Club IT or Newegg should do it, maybe a copy of the receipt. She had not seen the form, so I provided her the above link to inspect it and she promised to take a look at it. Basically the form seems to be the key. Hope this works, but I suppose we will find out soon enough. ;)

ok so I just got confirmation from like 5 emails back and forth from ClubIT. The upgrade requires no hardware purchase, there is no extra cost going with Media Center 2005 besides shipping and handling. So I'm going to save all the emails and order my MC 2005 disc with free upgrade to Windows Vista Premium.

Tuffgong4 said:
ok so I just got confirmation from like 5 emails back and forth from ClubIT. The upgrade requires no hardware purchase, there is no extra cost going with Media Center 2005 besides shipping and handling. So I'm going to save all the emails and order my MC 2005 disc with free upgrade to Windows Vista Premium.

hell yea, i plan to do the same shortly. its the best package. best current version of xp, with the good version of vista it seems

Wish they had a package for the Ultimate, like the bitlocker feature. Good to hear no hardware to buy.

I'm just not seeing a reason to have anything over Vista Home Premium.

I guess time will tell.

Your second post and newegg reply's have me thinking again. :mad: Has anyone pm ClubIT?

ok so the coupon is for a FREE upgrade to vista prem? if you go through microsoft? whats going to stop ppl from buying this and keeping the coupon and selling the OS if they already have xp?

cjm18 said:
ok so the coupon is for a FREE upgrade to vista prem? if you go through microsoft? whats going to stop ppl from buying this and keeping the coupon and selling the OS if they already have xp?

nuttn.

ok there has to be a catch to this.... a free os that will cost over 200 when it comes out? Don't u need the cd key to send away for vista? By then the sold copy of XP would be in someone elses name.... right?

you're still paying the to upgrade to Vista Home Premium, look at the section called "Estimated Retail Price." So ~$110 (for MCE 2005) + ~$85 (Upgrade plus shipping) brings the total to about $195. Looking at Paul Thurrott's price guide, it's more than an upgrade, which is what we're buying, but less than a full version. My question is what's the benefit of going through the hassle if the upgrade is cheaper than buying MCE 2005 now and sending away for the vista later?

Solar said:
you're still paying the to upgrade to Vista Home Premium, look at the section called "Estimated Retail Price." So ~$110 (for MCE 2005) + ~$85 (Upgrade plus shipping) brings the total to about $195. Looking at Paul Thurrott's price guide, it's more than an upgrade, which is what we're buying, but less than a full version. My question is what's the benefit of going through the hassle if the upgrade is cheaper than buying MCE 2005 now and sending away for the vista later?

from all emails received from ClubIT they have told me that it will only cost me shipping and handling for the windows vista premium. If that is later proven false I have all the email saved so that I am ironclad.

And all this is exactly the reason why someone frm ClubIT should respond to this thread. Too much confusion and them being quiet doesn't help.

Either they'll answer or they don't, in which case i take my business to someone who WILL answer, even if it costs me $10 more...up to them.

Hi All..
I am waiting for answers from purchasing team & Microsoft. Will update shortly.
Thanks

ClubIT DealMaster

el rolio said:
what i wold really like to know is will microsoft and by extension, retailers, be offering windows xp w/upgrade coupon thru hte winter up till the actual vista launch? kinda like the purchase protection since vista is final now? apple normally does that a couple months or so before new version comes out.

reason being: i want xp media center and the coupon. i cannot buy it this month. i dont want to turn around in december to buy it and stuff is all gone. i want my vista mailed ot me at launch!
Answer: Yes the offer will be valid until end of the year at least.

brasherman said:
OK, I just talked to a great lady by the name of Samantha from Microsoft that stated you only need to show the proof of purchase for the OEM copy of XP. For my customer, I am just going to give them a receipt showing that they bought the computer from me (even though I am not an Authorized System Builder) and that OEM XP SP2a was installed on it within the time period. Also, for you guys she said that they only require the proof that you bought OEM XPSP2a in the time period and for you to have a valid redemption form number, so your order number and date from someplace like Club IT or Newegg should do it, maybe a copy of the receipt. She had not seen the form, so I provided her the above link to inspect it and she promised to take a look at it. Basically the form seems to be the key. Hope this works, but I suppose we will find out soon enough. ;)
Answer: Yes, All you need is an Invoice print out from ClubIT for your OEM Microsoft Purchase to claim the Vista Upgrade (along with your submission of the PDF Form). ClubIT is an Authorized Microsoft Seller. I will be uploading all versions of the PDF form shortly, so the details for each version claim will be clarified.

Official Response From Microsoft

In order for the end user to receive the upgrade, the COA must be a genuine System Builder COA (Your purchase from ClubIT will qualify) and Windows® XP must have been activated on or after October 26, 2006. (Yes, today is 11/16 so anything activated after Oct 26, 2006 will work) This information will be validated before the upgrade software can be shipped to the end user.

In addition,
MS will verified the date the OS was activated when the enduser turned on the PC for the 1st time to activate the OS thru our Windows Genuine Advantage process. MS will require (1) the original invoice for the XP purchase which must be postdated on or after 10/26; (2) the redemption coupon; (3) and the fact that the enduser has activated the OS online so that MS has a record of when the OS was activated as another proof that the OS was purchased on or after 10/26.

The estimated Microsoft Shipping and Handling cost is around $10-$20.

If you purchase an XP Pro now, the upgrade will be Free to Windows Vista Business (+SH). If you purhcase an XP Media Center Edition Now, the upgrade will be Free to Windows Vista Home Premium (+SH). If you purchase Windows XP Home now, then you have two options 1) Add $79 to upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium (+SH) or 2) Add $49 to upgrade to Windows Vista Home Basic (+SH) http://www.clubit.com/vista_upgrade_offer.cfm

Any additional questions feel free to email [email protected] for faster response :)

ClubIT DealMaster said:
Answer: Yes the offer will be valid until end of the year at least.

thanks for the answer directly, and al other info you have procured dealmaster. we appreciate it!

THANKS ClubIT !!!!!

I'm in for 2 or 3 copies. Got yourself a new customer by showing your support here!

Hi All,
Here are the links to the Vista Upgrade Program Redemption PDF Forms for your reference. The actual redemption form will be inside the software packaging along with the product. This is for your reference only.

http://www.clubit.com/pdfsamples/64bit_express_upgrade.pdf

http://www.clubit.com/pdfsamples/Premium_Redemption_Form.pdf

http://www.clubit.com/pdfsamples/MCE_Express_Upgrade.pdf

http://www.clubit.com/pdfsamples/Business_Redemption_Form.pdf

Any additional questions, feel free to email [email protected]
We appreciate your questions and your business.

By the way.. heads up - our Black Friday Deals are really good, check out ClubIT on Black Friday :)

Back