Free Vista Business / Office 2k7 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCoffee

Limp Gawd
http://www.powertogether.com/

Watch some webcasts, and get either Vista Buisness, or Office 2k7 pro.

Havent tried it yet since I'm at work, a buddy of mine just linked it to me

that website is either hosed, or is getting hammered....

...or like I've been finding out, my new work connection sucks

wow, the servers are getting busy now. It took 10 tries to register for office 2007. vista registration was easier 1/2 hour ago.

ok, do i actually HAVE to watch all three of these?
I watched 2 and i have seen nothing at the end or what not to make me think there is some sort of validation to make SURE you've watched 3...other than just adding 3 to your queue

any ideas?

I give up for now... Thats like trying to buy a BOC from Woot. The site is getting totally slammed. You get 30 days to complete the webcasts, etc...

Question is...is it really a legit site? Rather not give away my name and address to some random site that claims to be a part of Microsoft. I tried looking it up from Microsoft's site but couldn't find anything.

And for the people that have completed it, how long are the webcasts? They the kinda thing you can start and just hide in the background while you browse or do you need to be involved while watching?

probably cause someone posted on slickdeals

the website's worth a try though..

F that. I'm not about to give my info to some random dude in London. You guys do what you want though...

Code:
Domain Name  	powertogether.com
Creation Date 	2006-10-03
Registration Date 	2006-10-03
Expiry Date 	2007-10-03
Organisation Name 	Philip Colebrook
Organisation Address 	Flat 13, Inner City House
	London
	SE14 6QP
	-
	GREAT BRITAIN (UK)
Admin Name 	Philip Colebrook
Admin Address 	Flat 13, Inner City House
	London
	SE14 6QP
	-
	GREAT BRITAIN (UK)
Admin Email 	[email][email protected][/email]
Admin Phone 	44.2086915308
Tech Name 	CBS Registry
Tech Address 	Box 3396
	Stockholm
	SE 103 68
	-
	SWEDEN

ummm... this is a little wonky to me...

WhoIs info:

Domain Name.......... powertogether.com
Creation Date........ 2006-10-03
Registration Date.... 2006-10-03
Expiry Date.......... 2007-10-03
Organisation Name.... Philip Colebrook
Organisation Address. Flat 13, Inner City House
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. London
Organisation Address. SE14 6QP
Organisation Address. -
Organisation Address. GREAT BRITAIN (UK)

Admin Name........... Philip Colebrook
Admin Address........ Flat 13, Inner City House
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ London
Admin Address........ SE14 6QP
Admin Address........ -
Admin Address........ GREAT BRITAIN (UK)
Admin Email.......... **********@gmail.com
Admin Phone.......... 44.2086915308
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ CBS Registry
Tech Address......... Box 3396
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Stockholm
Tech Address......... SE 103 68
Tech Address......... -
Tech Address......... SWEDEN
Tech Email........... ********@melbourneitcbs.com
Tech Phone........... 46.855340200
Tech Fax............. 46.855340201
Name Server.......... ns1.msft.net
Name Server.......... ns5.msft.net
Name Server.......... ns2.msft.net
Name Server.......... ns3.msft.net
Name Server.......... ns4.msft.net

*edit* beat me to it... oh well, not gonna do it either

EDIT: [damn, I am 6 min late]
Check the domain info on whois.org, you have to wonder why is this registered under Mr. Philip Colebrook @ UK, a brief google on his name does not show any relationship between him and Microsoft. I will gladly sign on if this is proven to be legit.

Domain Name: POWERTOGETHER.COM
Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
Referral URL: http://www.melbourneit.com
Name Server: NS4.MSFT.NET
Name Server: NS3.MSFT.NET
Name Server: NS2.MSFT.NET
Name Server: NS5.MSFT.NET
Name Server: NS1.MSFT.NET
EPP Status: ok
Updated Date: 23-Oct-2006
Creation Date: 02-Oct-2006
Expiration Date: 02-Oct-2007

Domain Name.......... powertogether.com
Creation Date........ 2006-10-03
Registration Date.... 2006-10-03
Expiry Date.......... 2007-10-03
Organisation Name.... Philip Colebrook
Organisation Address. Flat 13, Inner City House
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. London
Organisation Address. SE14 6QP
Organisation Address. -
Organisation Address. GREAT BRITAIN (UK)

Admin Name........... Philip Colebrook
Admin Address........ Flat 13, Inner City House
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ London
Admin Address........ SE14 6QP
Admin Address........ -
Admin Address........ GREAT BRITAIN (UK)
Admin Email.......... [email protected]
Admin Phone.......... 44.2086915308
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ CBS Registry
Tech Address......... Box 3396
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Stockholm
Tech Address......... SE 103 68
Tech Address......... -
Tech Address......... SWEDEN
Tech Email........... [email protected]
Tech Phone........... 46.855340200
Tech Fax............. 46.855340201
Name Server.......... ns1.msft.net
Name Server.......... ns5.msft.net
Name Server.......... ns2.msft.net
Name Server.......... ns3.msft.net
Name Server.......... ns4.msft.net

Hmm according to this MSDN post, it is indeed legit.
http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=261550#261550

Mark Brown - Developer & Platform Marketing
"Its for real.

This thing is a marketing campaign of mine and is targeted at developers who are willing to watch 3 or more webcasts (each) to get either a copy of Vista Business or Office Pro.

The idea is to get developers excited about developing on these two platforms while getting some training information to help them do it. You can also register for one of the many launch events we'll have across the US as well.

There are some links to the MSDN Forums where you can ask technical questions as well as check out some of the more popular bloggers in both product groups as well.

Finally you can check out all the C9 screen casts on Office and Vista from there as well.

FYI: The site appears to be having some technical difficulties probably due to the crush of activity. Just keep trying for now.

FYI2: I know many of you may have some questions about this. Unfortunately I'm going to be on a long trip with limited access to my favorite place Channel 9 So please be patient if it takes me a while to get back here.

Regards,
Mark"

Wow, I registered, fast forwarded the video and confirmed that I watch with microsoft, and the website says I am watching it. This is confusing as hell, we need a tutorial, lol, please?

Can Someone who has fully completed this tell us how they did it. Thanks a lot

They use Passport to sign in, and already have my info, so I'm giving it a shot.

Any word on the price to upgrade from VBusiness to VHomePrem or VUltimate?

-bZj

Servers must be getting hit hard. I have been trying for close to 2 hours with no luck.
I keep getting error page.

GAHHH!!! 5 hours of persistent clicking and nothing...the site is crushed. I'll try again at 3am or so....

so i watched one...still says in progress. even though i watched it in full...got up a few times hahah. so maybe ill check back later with it? weird. i'm done yet i can't watch another one. anyone getting both vista and office? i mostly just want vista especially when i bought my comp just before they started the free upgrade program. but i might go for office too.

EDIT: now it went to pending so I can watch another. lol i might watch a whole bunch of em. some of it is interesting stuff.

i watched 3, well had them playing in the background.... my icons for the 3 still say 'pending' for about 16 hours now... hmmm

Assuming this is legit. :confused:

This really Sucks, that its only available to Americans. :mad:

Would have been nice if us Canadians could also get in on this.

I know a software developer here, who would have been very interested in watching some of those webinars, but since they dont care about us Canadians, he is not going to bother waiting to get into that hammered site, and will buy some books instead.

if you read above its legit. i looked at the forum too, that the post was on. they can't do it in other countries because of the tax issue i guess. if you were to go for both offers, you're basically getting a gift worth $600 total. so i guess that requires that W-9 they're talkin about. the gov always wants a piece..lol. but you would think since MS is such a big company they could have worked out a deal with the EU or anyone else. weird....

i have to say though...they seem to be big on tryin to get ppl to adopt vista...first it was giving anyone who submitted a bug during the beta process a free license...and now this.

I am a Canadian that lives close to the US border. I am going to give it a try with a PO Box address in the states side I have access to ;)

hahaha...i read in the further pages they're trying to get more servers up but as of now its runnin real slow. i suggest you do it late at night. i finished all 3 webcasts by 5am lol.

Anybody get any confirmations of any sort? I might try this when I get home, tonight.

still no luck... 5=-8 hours trying.

can anyone still get to reg without a "Sorry, a System Error Occurred"

woohoo???

I got 3 of these

Completed.gif

for my copy of Office 2k7!

now to just see if i actually get this. it seems legit. i got 3 emails for me to take a survey to rate my webcasts, and the link takes me to a section of M$'s site

I couldnt get vista reg but I got the office reg, I cant figure out how to play the videos in the browser so I just download them, windows media player cant seem to play these right so I cant watch them. (Although I would really like to watch some of the vista developement ones) After the duration of the video I get these little survey emails that confirm that I've watched the thing. I have one more video to go which I am starting (and not watching) now.

(The ones I've watched have a pending status)

No Luck for me. Been trying since this AM. Got as far as selecting the videos, selecting prize (Vista Business), and entering personal info, then Errors continuosly. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back