Free Vista Business / Office 2k7 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it just logged me in and I got to the "My Stuff" section and it was all back to normal. My the login stuff was just down for some reason. Oh well, I am really glad it is back to normal.

I went ahead and went for Vista after seeing the MSDN post.

Shipping Info Congratulations! You’ve completed the number of Webcasts required to receive a free, fully-licensed copy of Windows Vista Business. Once we’ve confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements stated in the offer details below we will ship your gift within 6-8 weeks of the release to manufacturing of Windows Vista. While you’re waiting, why not check out additional Webcasts to further your skills?

Hope it comes!

DolphinAMD said:
hmm...

vsd.powertogether.com

is down for me. :mad:
Same here...all of my friends can access it though. I did the three webcasts yesterday too, no email yet though. :(

I finally got all 3 watched!
They say pending buty at teh bottom of page it says I have completed my 3 videos and my gift will be sent.

Vista Business..

Hope this edition does all I want.

Will Glass work?

4200 X2 dual core
2gig ddr400
6800GT
HP 16x Dvdrw
Liteon 16x dvdrw
AudigyZs2
Segate 320gig sata 7200.10
500watt PS

ps... I Ran Vista RC2 it was tarrible on my 1800XP, 1gig ddr, 40gig.
The beta 2 was better running on my 800athlon system that RC2. I hope they fixed what ever bug was slowing down my pc.

I finally got three videos in. One says completed, the other two say pending. I hope I get Vista. :)

i would hope it runs...otherwise you got a shitty comp hahahah

p05ta1 said:
I finally got all 3 watched!
They say pending buty at teh bottom of page it says I have completed my 3 videos and my gift will be sent.

Vista Business..

Hope this edition does all I want.

Will Glass work?

4200 X2 dual core
2gig ddr400
6800GT
HP 16x Dvdrw
Liteon 16x dvdrw
AudigyZs2
Segate 320gig sata 7200.10
500watt PS

ps... I Ran Vista RC2 it was tarrible on my 1800XP, 1gig ddr, 40gig.
The beta 2 was better running on my 800athlon system that RC2. I hope they fixed what ever bug was slowing down my pc.

Findarato said:
Says they are all run out...darn I hate being late =(

what says they are all out? An email or the main page?

edit: Nevermind, it's on the main page. I hope mine come through. Office still has one pending, but Vista is complete. Some of these I need to go back and rewatch. I kinda zipped through them just to get the software.

nilepez said:
Office still has one pending,
That was me and it looks like they're all gone now that I've finished the last webcast. "In, under the wire." Woot for me.

Well - I completyed both deals. One in my name to my shop address and one in my wifes name to our home. Would not want to have to pay taxes... ;) Anyhow I cannot get the Vista pages to come up at all now but all three showed as complete last I saw it yesterday. Also all three of my Office ones showed as complete this morning. :D Both show as no more prizes available on the front page now. Guess we will just have to wait and see...

I got the Vista deal in. For those questioning system specs, I have a Dell Inspiron 1505 Core Du0 1.83, 2gb ram, 256mb ATI video card, and it ran Vista with full Aero pack fine. The evaluator built into the OS said I was only at a 6 of 10 or so, but graphically it was running pretty well, except at idle it would consume 1gb ram with the dumb widgits running. What I have read they trimmed resource usage down by near 30% though. Final build of the OS, they have said that with 256mb of video memory or more, and 1gb of system memory, you should be all set.

Congrats to those who got in on this, and BIG thanks to MrCoffee for the original post.

Very big thanks to OP!

Got in on both, just waiting on some O2k7 vids to update.

Saves me a little cash....

-bZj

Those who have registered before the "Sold Out" are still in for the deal, just have to finish watching those videos within 30days. According to ZDNet post:
Microsoft said that it has already received sign-ups from the 30,000 people it had hoped to register for the program. The site now says "sold out" when people come to register for the giveaway.

wolfhero said:
Those who have registered before the "Sold Out" are still in for the deal, just have to finish watching those videos within 30days. According to ZDNet post:
Microsoft said that it has already received sign-ups from the 30,000 people it had hoped to register for the program. The site now says "sold out" when people come to register for the giveaway.

Yeah I bet they had 50,000 or more attempt and registered. I also bet they have certain profile / criteria that a person must meet before they give it away for nothing. I am an Application Developer for over 10 years, but mostly use the Oracle Tools. I also have my own company and I am not a Microsoft Partner, so I hope I meet their criteria.

All I can tell you is that this was a much better experience to get into then trying to get one of those $100 Xbox consoles from Amazon. :rolleyes:

mircosoft said:
Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. If you are eligible for and register to receive both gifts, you must complete a W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) form prior to receipt of the second gift. Any gift returned as non-deliverable will not be re-sent. Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for shipment of your gift(s).

Well darn, now I have to fill up tax forms.

Does the free Vista come in one of those cool new retail cases? I really want one. lol

BTW: On the help q&a it says that you may receive a paper that allows you to download Office 07.

I’ve received my Microsoft Office 2007 gift in the mail. Why did you use a download for Office 2007 and not a physical disc?

Due to the heavy demands on Microsoft to produce on-the-shelf retail product for stores it is not always possible to get physical discs made so close to a product launch. We wanted to make sure you didn’t have to wait so we decided to provide you with the product via download rather than wait for a physical DVD.

What's the Pending mean? Sorry if I over looked it in a post. I've watched three of 5 I registered for. 1 Says complete and 2 say pending.

It's in progress, just wait and it will turn to complete. -- Where do I send this W-9? Microsoft? -- Only thing on it really is my name, ssn, and address.

Edit: Seems they will send you one item and a W-9 form to fill out to get the other.

I have 2 pending and 1 completed. I hope this works. Thanks again OP! :D

in for vista business..

as of last night all 3 vids say completed..

hope this goes through!

Anyone having trouble loading the page? I had one final step and all I get is "This page cannot be displayed."

went jut for vista. All 3 of mine say complete, but haven't received an email yet.

it shouldn't matter. the only requirement was to finish the 3 webcasts whether you were a developer or not. they made no mention of it. and if they do that kind of shit i will be sooooo pissed off. i spent a couple days trying and when finally finished, i still have no email confirming it even though the 3 webcasts were completed. i suppose i can't complain because its free but if you're gonna basically open the offer to everyone besides gov employees and anyone ouside the US, you're gonna have to hold up that end. how do they know? i could say i'm a stocker for a grocery store but i could still be learning programming in college and make no mention of it. is that fair to lock me out of it just cuz all i put was being a stocker at a store?

but i do agree about the amazon thing...i wasn't even about to try getting one. plus i didn't have the money. just gonna get myself a wii this xmas. lol

swetmore said:
Yeah I bet they had 50,000 or more attempt and registered. I also bet they have certain profile / criteria that a person must meet before they give it away for nothing. I am an Application Developer for over 10 years, but mostly use the Oracle Tools. I also have my own company and I am not a Microsoft Partner, so I hope I meet their criteria.

All I can tell you is that this was a much better experience to get into then trying to get one of those $100 Xbox consoles from Amazon. :rolleyes:

Doubtful they'll try to limit who gets the stuff. They may offer something in place of the items, or say 'it'll be a long wait', but they'd be open to too much (weak though they may be) legal threats.

Honestly, if they offered Vista Ult in place of both Office+Vista Bus, I'd be down. I love how O2k3 works, and don't see a big need for the 'ribbon' in O2k7.

I got e-mails today, BTW.

-bZj

ok, after trying and trying to get to the second site - and failing - I decided to try again today - and the site states both vista and office are "sold out" - no more chances

Down8 said:
Doubtful they'll try to limit who gets the stuff. They may offer something in place of the items, or say 'it'll be a long wait', but they'd be open to too much (weak though they may be) legal threats.

Honestly, if they offered Vista Ult in place of both Office+Vista Bus, I'd be down. I love how O2k3 works, and don't see a big need for the 'ribbon' in O2k7.

I got e-mails today, BTW.

-bZj

My status for the 3 videos has changed to completed. yay!
What did the emails say?

Already Registered? If you have already registered for the Vista Campaign, selected a gift and are eligible to receive the free gift, please continue to watch your webcasts to complete the requirements for your free Windows Vista Business.

so there is a chance i still get it?

i only had 1 of the 3 complete before it sold out... ive currently got 1 running right now...

anyone get the emails? info... :confused:

I've received welcome emails and several emails asking me to rate each of the webcasts via an online survey....

Atherton213, you are still good for the deal. As long as you signed up prior to the sold out message, they counted you in as one of the 30,000 applicants.

MixManSC said:
I've received welcome emails and several emails asking me to rate each of the webcasts via an online survey....
thats all i got as well. unless i missed one in gmail. but i don't think i did. this sucks. hardcore.

All I've gotten are the survey emails too. Does this mean I'm in? Do I have to fill out the surveys?

One thing to note is if you are already a member of MSDN, you are not eligable for this. I think many of us signed up for MSDN to download the Beta versions, and may not be eligable.

Since I signed up for this promo, I have been getting plenty of spam from Microsoft.

I havn't received any emails and I've completed 3 webcasts about a week ago :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back