Free Vista Business / Office 2k7 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 4 pendings for Vista (figured I'd do one extra just 2b sure)...2 pendings for Office. Going to finish the last office today. Anyone know how long it takes for pending to turn into completed? Is there something you have to do or just wait? Thanks...

Not sure... Mine all show as "pending" also. They seem to show "watch", "in progress", or "pending". Guess we will see soon enough. :confused:

guy said on the MSDN forums that its updated everyday. so if you did 3 today and they show as pending, they'll be completed by the next day. and then after that you'll be sent an email shortly after confirming everything.

MrLarryLarry said:
I have 4 pendings for Vista (figured I'd do one extra just 2b sure)...2 pendings for Office. Going to finish the last office today. Anyone know how long it takes for pending to turn into completed? Is there something you have to do or just wait? Thanks...
All mind seem to turn into completed exactly 24 hours later.

I have two pending, did you guys take the survey after the videos? Are these necessary to the promotion? Thanks

swetmore said:
How do you get both? Two email addys?
no...same. it should fill your info in for you after registering for either one first. but they'll send you a tax form you have to fill out first before you get both lol.

markt435 said:
no...same. it should fill your info in for you after registering for either one first. but they'll send you a tax form you have to fill out first before you get both lol.

I have a shell company that I have not used in years with it's own tax id. Ain't no way I am sending out my SS#.

markt435 said:

But do they send you the tax form if you only order one?

So I'm not 18 so I put my dad's name in, can I use my ss# or would I have to use his, anyone else uncomfortable about ss#

They require a SSN if you apply for both promotions, this is because it is over 600 or 700 (vista+office07) dollar total gift limit which is tax deducible.

If you only request ONE you do not need to give your SS number.

or if you get lucky, do it now.. and hope that the promotion lasts 5 weeks (into jan07)

but then again.. even just paying the taxes on 700 dollars (probably come out to around 50$) is a pretty good deal..

Very doubtful that anyone here on out gets a fill on this. This deal is all over the web, and many of us are late to the party. :(

What is truely incredible is that, it seems they blocked my IP or a range of IPs, mine included. I kept trying like 100 times, and kept getting a message, "Connection Interrupted." Then, finally, I tried using a proxy server..and guess what? After clicking, Get a free copy of Vista, the site loaded without problems, where as before, i got the connection interrupted message. :eek:
I can't understand why they would do it and when? Btw, I am a Comcast Subscriber in SF, anyone else here like me?

i just registered this morning for both, at about 7:30 am EDT, and had no problems getting in, and am sorta watching my first vid now. this is really dry stuff.

Son of a bitch... This works at home (where I have the first video playing) and I was going to stream the other two here at work, but I get that "Connection interrupted" error!

Worked well for me, and now I have all three pending, which should result in getting the copy.
I honestly am rather pleased at the chance to get a free copy of Vista Business before the higher up gives the word to purchase PCs with Vista on them.
It will make life alot easier to have a PC with Vista at work to see how it behaves. My co-worker put in for the copy of Office for us to test.

Finally, I got logged on and got 2 shows watched today. well, almost 2 shows.

1 said pending.
1 still not done

What does it say when the 3 movies are done?

Is everybody getting the emails after they watch a video? I checked the email addy I gave them, but no emails.

Hackmeat said:
Is everybody getting the emails after they watch a video? I checked the email addy I gave them, but no emails.

Nope, but I've finally managed to get one video to show as 'Completed' on the website. Funny enough it's the only video I havent watched yet! :p

Nope, but I've finally managed to get one video to show as 'Completed' on the website.

You are doing better than me. Mine are all still pending.

I have one video listed as completed.

I have been having problems playing the webcast. When I try to play them it says error. Others have had this problem it seems so I with try again later.(must be overloaded)

EDIT: It says I have watched three(only really watched two) and it will ship once it is released and I have been confirmed eligible.

Wow it says that the Vista is no longer avail. in the promotion. (sold out.)

BMWlover said:
I have been having problems playing the webcast. When I try to play them it says error. Others have had this problem it seems so I with try again later.(must be overloaded)

Yes this means the server is overloaded.

If you get to the point where the media player opens but then a window pops up telling you it can't connect, just click 'close' and hit the play button. Repeat this cycle until you get into the livemeeting feed... you WILL eventually.

I actually watched a few videos so far... some of them are quite informative. The ones on the sidebar gadgets are pretty interesting although that Lindsay Sutter chick needs to learn HTML/XML before she tries to teach it. :p

Yes it says SOLD OUT now but I'm going to hold them to the fact that it said "Register with us, choose your gift, and watch 3 webcasts and you'll get your free Windows Vista Business in 6-8 weeks."

That to me means when I registered and chose the gift, they reserved a copy for me so that I could then watch the minimum of 3 webcasts (I actually chose 6 because others are interesting and worth watching I think).

I'm going to assume it means they're not taking new registrants any longer. It took me a solid 1.5 days just to get the damned site to let me watch the 1st webcast; if after all this trouble and constant disconnects they decide to screw me out of a "contract" that I agreed to (sign up, choose the gift, watch the webcasts), I'm gonna be pretty pissed.

So, we'll see what happens. 1 complete, 1 pending, 1 still to watch at this point.

On the "Your Stuff" page for my account it says:

"Don’t forget that after you’ve watched three Windows Vista Webcasts, you will receive a free, full-licensed copy of Windows Vista Business."

So I'm going to hold them to it.

So they sold out of the vista. Big deal. Im *maybe* getting office 2k7 pro for free. Seems like a good deal. :)

i agree...i better get my damn copy...i finished my shit 2 days ago and still no email.

Looks like if you're already registered you can still complete the process and get the copy, it's just "sold out" for new registrants.

Noticed that too. They redid the pages to add the "If you're already registered part," so thats' at least a good sign. Now watching the webcasts, completely, without disconnects... that's the tricky part. :D

Can you guys log in? It reloads the "learn &interact" page when I try to.

I registered ~4 days ago, and have completed three, just wanted to see some more.

I cant log in and all my videos were pending as of 10 30 last night, I really hope I get a copy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back