Hot x800pro $329 shows as $399 till checkout

ockky

n00b
Here's a x800pro that shows up as $399 then turns to $329 :eek: upon checkout. I just ordered it. shipping was about $7 ground. Shipping begins on the 28th of June

D'oh!<---linkage

site seems to be sporatic today. . . :rolleyes:

UPDATE: we who ordered, may just have found something to give the lil' brothers come christmas time. . .that's when i'll expect to get mine

after I placed the oredr @ 329, they changed the price to 399 when I went to check status, so I called and they changed it back. now they are backordered and mine wont ship until the 28th. Still get it for 329 though. :)

I just called the 800 number on that page because it was showing 399 on checkout, but 329.99 on the page. (reverse of OP)

Talked to some help desk guy and asked him what the actual price was. After I gave him the item number there was a long pause and he came back and said he was allowed to give me that price if I ordered it right then over the phone.

He said there are no gaurantees if I call back later, and he said I WILL be charged 399 if I order from the webpage. It only took me a few seconds to decide. :) I have enough in my bank account and even if I dont keep it I can ebay it!

So he took my information (because I never ordered from outpost before), and balked when I gave him [email protected] for my email address. Hehe he doesn't understand my email system. Anyways he said the total is gonna 329.99+6.95, but he couldn't give me the final actual total because a manager has to approve the special price. I double checked and made sure 329.99 and 6.95 were all I was going to pay. He assured me that's going to be all I will pay. He said to call back after 2pm for an order status, and I got an order number.

This is my first really hot deal :) Hope my experience can help a few more of you get this deal before they close it.

p.s. $409 is the cheapest on pricewatch.

Tried calling,mentioned it showed $329 in the cart and the guy was going to place the order for me over the phone at the lower price. Apparently the card is now flagged though and when he tried to place the order it told him to only sell it at $399.

edit: tried again. Different rep, still no luck. Deal seems to be dead :/

I called to check my status
final total $336.74
and it will ship out on monday!
Hope a few of you got in on this.. according to chris, the deal looks dead :\

yeah thats why I was suprised..

of course the 28th is a monday... maybe he meant that

all he said was "It will be shipping out Monday". Now if he meant Monday the 28th, thats misleading.

It's back up at $329. The guy tried to talk me out of it saying it was backordered, but I persisted and he rang me up. There is currently something wrong with their website, so call if you cannot get it via the web.

Yes, it still shows preorder. I was told it would be shipped in 2 weeks. For $70 less than the MSRP, I can wait!

This was posted on fat wallet last week, I thought it had already been posted here. There was...is? a 10% off coupon you could stack to end up getting it for under $300 but I can't seem to find that link at the moment. I'll keep looking.

going to the website it is listed for 329 as a preorder....clicking on the link to buy it generates an error

ANother fucking company screwing up with the pay and switch (Oh we got the price wrong... blah blah)... page is down now

Ill check monday night and see whats the order page says

To the other people who got in on this: what does your order page say?

*Backordered*

I also ordered Hitachi 200GB drives which show as cancelled, b/c they discontinued the item after undermarking it. I've called a bunch of times, and I got the same answer from 3 reps now: "it is backordered, and will ship the 28th."

Sucks that I have to wait, but man, it's a sweet deal! :D

currently it's reading 329 and it comes up as that when you put it into your cart. Damn, I wish I had 329 to blow :)

I just ordered the X800Pro over the phone - got the deal. Their system showed it at 399 - I told him about the website showing it at 329. He said he needed to verify, trying to search on the product failed to find it - having him type in the full address manually (http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4053432) got him to the page. A brief hold time later (assuming he was checking it with a superior) and he took my info over the phone, and I had it shipped for $340 next day air. (remember this isn't shipping till the 28th)

The guy mentioned something about faxing it in if he couldn't get to it - so I've saved the page. If anyone needs it because Fry's takes down more than the ability to search for it - just PM me.

Go Go Upgrade from TnT2 Ultra ;)

i also got it for 329, i ordered it from the website.. mai total is 366... had to pay tax :eek: ... but now outpost.com doesnt even have it in their system any more hehe :p

if you follow the direct link, it's still there, a search doesn't show it though

I just ordered one that came to $366.78 w/ 2 day shipping (damn sales tax). This should be a nice upgrade from my GF3 ti200. :)

My order page now shows "Backordered" as well. Called em up and they said they would ship out on the 28th, in line with everyone else.
The guy on the phone who said it will be shipping "Monday" was misleading me I guess. $70 off retail is worth the wait, like someone else said.

Also, glad to hear some others got in on this, even today!

just got a status email that says they have no idea when they will ship my item, but hopefully within the next month. I replied and told them I was quoted the 28th for the backordered card. When I hear back I will post their reply.

I can't believe it's still on the site, I thought this deal was dead a couple days ago.
I called when the deal was new, but putting it in the cart made it $399, and he said it was a sale the previous week that they forgot to fix the price, so he couldn't sell it to me for that.
Who knows, maybe if it's still $329 now, we'll actually get it for that.

Here's hoping.

I just backordered one too. The price now says $329 from the start, no longer does it say $399 on the firs page. Ordered for $336 (ground shipping).

The 28th seems so far away. So is this a worthy upgrade from my OCed Powercolor 9700np @ Pro? The convincing factor was that the cheapest priced 800Pro Newegg has is over $440.

Alright, here's the deal. I called them because my order didn't go through, and they said the $329.99 price is a pre-order special. So they took my order over the phone, and said that they are expecting them in on the 28th.

i tried to click add it to the cart but it was 399.99 but luckily i clicked add to cart when this was first posted and it was still there as 329.99 so i just checked out with it :)

I can't wait!

Sorry to break it to you all,you will most likely not be getting the card on the 28th. They are only getting 40 in, and it goes first come first serve. Basically you had to get on this deal on 18th. I ordered mine at 2:03 AM on the 18th, basically 5 minutes within the time this was originally posted, and I don't even know if I am getting it for certain. Also on that afternoon I called and found out they already had 61 preorders. If you want to verify this, just ask them how many they are getting in. Sorry, just thought you should know.

Is there anyone that can't wait a week or two if it'll save them $70 over anyone else? Heck I'll be heading off to visit family after the 30th so if they delay mine a week it won't hurt me one bit :D

chrislg said:
Is there anyone that can't wait a week or two if it'll save them $70 over anyone else? Heck I'll be heading off to visit family after the 30th so if they delay mine a week it won't hurt me one bit :D

I drove 4 hours, and spent $100 more including tax than I would have on newegg for a card once. And then I ended up frying it :( :(

Back