Xbox 360 On 2405FPW Screenshots (Very High-Res)

laxmiddi44

Gawd
http://g-prime.net/x360/
720p
720p-1.JPG

720p 2
720p-2.JPG

1080i
1080i-1.JPG

1080i 2
1080i-2.JPG

Xbox 360 Start Screen
x1.JPG

More Dashboard
x3.JPG

xx11.JPG

Kameo
x6.JPG

x7.JPG

x8.JPG

x9.JPG

xx2.JPG

NIIIICE- I have a 2005 and will be getting my xbox on monday. are those in game screens 720 or 1080? and what cables are you using to hook the xbox up?

Wow. looks great.
any chance you could post some in game shots of Kameo? Looks like that is the only non-racing title I am interested in.

Very nice, I would also like to know what cables he was using, I plan on doing much the same thing but with a 2005 as someone ahead of me said.

Nice screens, your monitor made me drool, however I am not impressed with its graphics, Pc looks better to me :)

xTABx7 said:
NIIIICE- I have a 2005 and will be getting my xbox on monday. are those in game screens 720 or 1080? and what cables are you using to hook the xbox up?

also what are you planning on doing for sound?

I was at kompussr yesterday and they had a 360 kiosk with a hi-def LCD TV. Fired up the Call of Duty demo (A game I have for PC) and almost barfed. It was a jumbled mess of jaggies and artifacts due to the heat wave effects in the desert, and basically looked like crap. I was not impressed.

[RCKY] Thor said:
I was at kompussr yesterday and they had a 360 kiosk with a hi-def LCD TV. Fired up the Call of Duty demo (A game I have for PC) and almost barfed. It was a jumbled mess of jaggies and artifacts due to the heat wave effects in the desert, and basically looked like crap. I was not impressed.

Probably wasn't configured properly. But this doesn't seem very on-topic :)

I've been playing Madden on my 42" Rear Projection at 1080i ...
It looks great! It's not earth shattering or OMGWTF can't live with out it...
But i think in time the games will look a lot better.... I haven't seen any other games for the system to compare to ... yet...

Right now, game selection (or lack there of) is an issue when it comes to the 360....
I haven't tried the 360 on my 2005fpw - I may later though.... I can't imagine it will look that good (no component) ....

So use the VGA adapter. Should look better then.

I for one found these pics VERY exciting. Because this is the exact video setup I'll probably use for my 360. I have my computer plugged into the DVI connection on the Dell, but the component and VGA connections are available. I assume the VGA connection would provide the best image... but I wonder if that's true.

Can't wait to pick up my unit. Thanks for the pics!!!

P.S. The Call of Duty 2 Demo was based on about a 60% complete version of the game. It had NOT been graphically optimized, and I found the collision detection iffy. After all, if I shoot a guy, I like to seem him hit... not just keep firing at me. ;) Word is the FINAL version is much more impressive in both areas. So there is nothing to fear, unless your one of the fan boys who won't play it now that online only has 8 player matchups... not 16 or 32 as previously guessed upon.

MERKMAN said:
So use the VGA adapter. Should look better then.

I for one found these pics VERY exciting. Because this is the exact video setup I'll probably use for my 360. I have my computer plugged into the DVI connection on the Dell, but the component and VGA connections are available. I assume the VGA connection would provide the best image... but I wonder if that's true.

Can't wait to pick up my unit. Thanks for the pics!!!

P.S. The Call of Duty 2 Demo was based on about a 60% complete version of the game. It had NOT been graphically optimized, and I found the collision detection iffy. After all, if I shoot a guy, I like to seem him hit... not just keep firing at me. ;) Word is the FINAL version is much more impressive in both areas. So there is nothing to fear, unless your one of the fan boys who won't play it now that online only has 8 player matchups... not 16 or 32 as previously guessed upon.
I never really got into consoles, I do not believe that it will outperform pc for long (I do not think it does now), but it is just my opinion.

Cool! xD

Hey, have you tried to see if a kb/m will work with the 360?

And how are you guys getting these 360's so early?

I haven't tried a KB / Mouse... Not sure where they'd even be a practical use at this point.
The interface is intuitive enough for a controller....

And I was just thinking, my 7800GT has VIVO I just found the adapter for it in a box.....
I wonder...............

MERKMAN said:

I don't think you can switch to a VGA source on the 2405FPW if you already have your PC connected with DVI. This would mean you'd have to disconnect your DVI cable from the monitor in order to switch sources. Perhaps someone can confirm this.

Generally your monitor will only support 1 input, Vga OR Dvi. However you could get a switch or kvm to do the job.

[RCKY] Thor said:
Most likely is was set for 480i or some such nonsense, go to Gamestop and check it out, they have theirs set up on 720p and it looks awesome, and yes I have played it on my 1280x1024 screen, so I do know what I'm talking about, I've seen them set up in Wal-Marts, mostly badly and you have to eject the disc to set it for 720, so if it was not done right, then you get really fugly graphics as the screen is not displaying in it's native rez, for an example, set your nice big LCD screen to 800x600 and play CoD2, then you get an idea.

EXreaction said:
Cool! xD

Hey, have you tried to see if a kb/m will work with the 360?

Works for text entry only, if necessary in a game - won't work for games (ever), as they're programmed gamepad-only.
Personally, I think the screens look pretty decent.

Sabs said:
I don't think you can switch to a VGA source on the 2405FPW if you already have your PC connected with DVI. This would mean you'd have to disconnect your DVI cable from the monitor in order to switch sources. Perhaps someone can confirm this.

Well, on my 2005FPW I have my Windows box hooked up to the DVI connection and my linux box hooked up to my VGA connection and i don't have to disconnect my DVI cable to use my Linux box.

Sabs said:

You can't do Picture-in-Picture for DVI and VGA at the same time, but you sure can have both hooked up at the same time. Hell, at the last lan I was at, I had my main system hooked up through DVI, a server connected through VGA, my PS2 on componant (b-spec'ing some enduro's in GT4), and an xbox hooked up to the s-video...

VGA should look just as good correct? Planning on hooking it into my 2005fpw

I still cannot understand why people have to constantly compare a console to the PC. I highly doubt that a console will EVER compare to a PC. I think consoles are great due to the point of their longevity. You can play games that look great for 5 years without spending a dollar to upgrade. On the other hand, a PC needs an upgrade every 1-2 years or so depending on your equipment. I just had to upgrade my PC and it cost me $800 just so I can play FEAR, Call of Dooty 2, etc. Investing $400 in a console for the next 5 years seems like a bargin.

Looks nice. They look way better than the demo setup I played at Best Buy.

Although it looks nice I will be waiting to get the 360 when Gears of War drops in Feb. or maybe not until Halo 3 drops in June.

I am very satisfied with my PC until then............

IceWind said:
I wonder how the hell to get sound from the XBOX 360 is gonna work though.....

The HD-Component and VGA cables have not only a composite L/R for analog output but also a plug for fiber optic out.

(I think its called fiber optic, you know the light method)

[Fate]Doom said:
The HD-Component and VGA cables have not only a composite L/R for analog output but also a plug for fiber optic out.

(I think its called fiber optic, you know the light method)

Damn, how the hell am I gonna attach that to my THX computer system? :confused:

Back