1.2 FarCry Patch (Fix for Nvidia cards!) is out!!

Only thing that sux bad about this is if you add anything with -DEVMODE after the commandline, you can no longer play online as you will get kicked from every server. Isn't there another way of doing this with an INI or something?

oozish said:
That phenomenon is common in alot of drivers, thats what I was referring to a week ago in another thread, how the mountains/foliage 'draw in' late. I think there are a few sets of drivers where it is less of a problem. Obviously, it hasn't been addressed in the latest official release. I'll stand by my saying I think the 61.45's still have the best performance/compatibility/quality of the drivers I've tested so far.

Until I see some graphic improvements and native 3.0 support, I don't even care to install Far Cry anymore, I'm bored to tears with it and need something besides framerates to keep me interested.

I forwarded the problem to a guy I know at Nvidia, dunno if its driver or engine based but it isn't just happening on the 61.76's hell its even happening to me now on the 61.71's 61.72's and 62.01's.

Of further note on it, I did notice as I was standing still that it happend on mountains where the helecoptor would fly over, as it passed it you could see it crawling up the textures and then back down.

Something else of note on the SM 3.0 thing, when I run far cry with either devmode or non devmode but using the SM 3.0 path it kicks out my 5.1 surround sound, which is probably skewing my results.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I JUST NOTICED THE PATCH RELEASE....

AH FUCK....and I just beat Far Cry like an hour ago.

*goes into a corner and pouts*

Bunch of good Pixel Shader reading available
here and here Also linked the reg patch and hotfix directly in this article instead of people going to the thread for them.

Back