10.3 drivers

uninstalled 10.3s, ran cleaner, rebooted, installed 10.3s, rebooted.

Still no bezel management :(

Maybe if you find a generic monitor driver so it thinks they are the exact same ones? I know there's a builder somewhere out there - you created the eyefinity group then tried bezel management right?

Any word as to if these drivers address the "atikmpag.sys" gray screen of death issues? I'd really love to play something for more then 20 minutes before being forced to hard boot.

Yeah Ditto on what Frraksurred asked. Any info on if this clears up the "amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered" GSOD errors?

I took my HD5870 out tonight to send off for an RMA and put my old 8800GTS 512 back in before I heard about the 10.3s.

Any word on whether or not they cure the GSOD problem?
If not then I'm going to proceed with the RMA rather than test the 10.3s out.

I can confirm Bezel compensation works on 2 monitors which are the same model in an eyefinity group.

Very happy :)

Yeah Ditto on what Frraksurred asked. Any info on if this clears up the "amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered" GSOD errors?

I took my HD5870 out tonight to send off for an RMA and put my old 8800GTS 512 back in before I heard about the 10.3s.

Any word on whether or not they cure the GSOD problem?
If not then I'm going to proceed with the RMA rather than test the 10.3s out.

Might as well give it a shot, worst thing that can happen is it doesn't work. After all the problems I have been having with my setup at least it doesn't do that.

I would assume it is the same base display driver, maybe older.

Last edited:
I asked about the bezel correction problem on the ATI forums and received this answer from a moderator:
Then one of them has the wrong EDID, Use the Moninfo program and check if all 3 give the correct screen dimensions. If not then use this post to correct it

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost.php?p=1336177078&postcount=88

I tried all sorts of nonsense trying to make it work but had no luck. Still no bezel management. Can someone else post their profile so I can compare?

Might as well give it a shot, worst thing that can happen is it doesn't work. After all the problems I have been having with my setup at least it doesn't do that.

I would assume it is the same base display driver, maybe older.

Well, I tried it. Results were negative......Still have the GSOD so it's a no go. RMA proceeding.

These seem to work better than the 10.2's. The 10.1's were solid but still could produce the GSOD. The 10.2's seemed really buggy, always restarting the comp even at default. These are solid so far. :D

I think all you guys getting the GSOD should stop running beta drivers. If 10.2 works... use them and wait for 10.3 to come out.

I really wanted to try 10.3 betas last night, but didn't get around to it... personally not to excited to install beta drivers either. I am also NOT having GSOD issues.

I would love to see the bezel management, but again I think I might just wait for the final 10.3 release.

Unfortunately I am one of the unsupported PLP guys, so am using softth.

I think all you guys getting the GSOD should stop running beta drivers. If 10.2 works... use them and wait for 10.3 to come out.

I really wanted to try 10.3 betas last night, but didn't get around to it... personally not to excited to install beta drivers either. I am also NOT having GSOD issues.

I would love to see the bezel management, but again I think I might just wait for the final 10.3 release.

Trust me I'd love to stop running beta drivers....but I've had this card now for a little over a week and virtually the entire time has been spent trying to find a solution for the GSOD. When I installed I went with the 10.1s which were the newest at the time then a few days later the 10.2s were released... Trying out the 10.3s was the final straw before I sent it in for RMA. Now all I can do is hope that the replacement works.

works well with bf2 and beta BC2, in BC2 the framerate increased and smoothness did happen.

ATI and Nvidia beta drivers have almost nothing to do with anything.. typically the beta drivers are just the final versions waiting for the WHQL stamp which takes for ever.. been like that for a while..

Did anyone else who couldn't get bezel management to work ever find a solution?

You said that your three monitors were not exactly the same??? Am I correct???

What are you using to run EyeFinity??

This is just for my own information.
Are the monitors wildly different?? or just different models of the same type of monitor???

I have not looked at the 10.3 beta yet.....I have three Dell 24 inch monitors in EyeFinity with no problems, 2 are 2408 and the center monitor is a 2410......I'm wondering if I will have a problem with the bezel software when 10.3 is released in final form??

Reporting that I went ahead and installed 10.3 and they are working great... Bezel management is as said before... FREAKING AMAZING
Personally the best fix sense the Eyefinity crossfire fix :D

Did anyone else who couldn't get bezel management to work ever find a solution?

Worked for me first try,

Uninstall, run driver sweeper, restart, install 10.3 restart, install profiles,.... create group... play games

You said that your three monitors were not exactly the same??? Am I correct???

What are you using to run EyeFinity??

This is just for my own information.
Are the monitors wildly different?? or just different models of the same type of monitor???

I have not looked at the 10.3 beta yet.....I have three Dell 24 inch monitors in EyeFinity with no problems, 2 are 2408 and the center monitor is a 2410......I'm wondering if I will have a problem with the bezel software when 10.3 is released in final form??

Dude you need to chill out with the question marks, it makes you look 12.

Anyway, I have 2 2408WFP's and 1 2407WFP. They are the same size, dpi, rez. From the outside, they are almost identical. I run a 5850.

Dude you need to chill out with the question marks, it makes you look 12.

Anyway, I have 2 2408WFP's and 1 2407WFP. They are the same size, dpi, rez. From the outside, they are almost identical. I run a 5850.

How do you know I'm not 12?;)
I am hoping that this won't be a problem for me as well......I'll have to give the beta a try this week-end.....doesn't sound very encouraging.

I can't see how three monitors of the same resolution and size, from the same manufacturer wouldn't work.
I hope this is a beta glitch that will be worked out in the final driver release.

Last edited:
How do you know I'm not 12?;)
I am hoping that this won't be a problem for me as well......I'll have to give the beta a try this week-end.....doesn't sound very encouraging.

I can't see how three monitors of the same resolution and size, from the same manufacturer wouldn't work.
I hope this is a beta glitch that will be worked out in the final driver release.

I have three identical monitors (Samsung 2343BWX) so bezel management worked right off the bat. It is curious as to why ATI put in this restriction of three identical monitors though. I'm hoping this is just to simplify testing this new feature and future driver revisions will allow bezel management with different monitor makes and models.

I've a slight problem with these drivers. That is, I think it's the drivers. I've an XFX 5870 which is slightly factory OC'ed( 865/1300 ). It's running very stable and cool in games, but when I open CCC and activate OC'ing, the screen starts artifacting at once. This is even without actually adjusting the clocks, just simply pressing the Enable ATI Overdrive button then Apply. The card is in 2D mode, so the clocks are still 157/300. Any ideas?

I've a slight problem with these drivers. That is, I think it's the drivers. I've an XFX 5870 which is slightly factory OC'ed( 865/1300 ). It's running very stable and cool in games, but when I open CCC and activate OC'ing, the screen starts artifacting at once. This is even without actually adjusting the clocks, just simply pressing the Enable ATI Overdrive button then Apply. The card is in 2D mode, so the clocks are still 157/300. Any ideas?

My card doesn't like being at such a low clock when I have multiple monitors. Open up your profile and change the low 2D clock to ~400 instead of 157.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles\

Code:
<Profile>
<Caste name="Graphics">
<Groups>
<Group name="Overdrive5">
<Feature name="TimeUnlocked" />
<Feature name="OverclockEnabled">
<Property name="OverclockEnabledProperty" value="False" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="AutoTuneSupport" />
<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="15700" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="60000" />
<Property name="Want_2" value="90000" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="30000" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="90000" />
<Property name="Want_2" value="130000" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="CoreVoltageTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="950" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="1063" />
<Property name="Want_2" value="1175" />

Open up the XML with notepad, change that 15700 to 40000, save it, close notepad, then reload the profile with CCC.

Lego, are you using a native DP or do you use an adapter for the DP on your 5850? (one question mark only,;))

the 10.3 (8.71.3) drivers seemed to want to use some werid resolutions for bezel management configuration. Having 2 3008's and a xhd3000, I couldn't get an accurate solution (the DP dell was using 1920x1200, the gateway was 2560x1600, the DVI dell was some tiny resolution). Editing the EDID to force only 1 resolution (2560x1600) on all three monitors worked. I didn't modify the display area (in cm's) in the EDID, but some people say that helps problems as well.

WFGF post about this

WARNING: I take no responsibility for any harm that may occur as a result of modifying/overriding your monitor's EDID.

Lego, try forcing the 2408 driver on your 2407. That should work. Or as others stated get an EDID editor to make your own and use it on all 3.

I asked about the bezel correction problem on the ATI forums and received this answer from a moderator:

I tried all sorts of nonsense trying to make it work but had no luck. Still no bezel management. Can someone else post their profile so I can compare?

the 10.3 (8.71.3) drivers seemed to want to use some werid resolutions for bezel management configuration. Having 2 3008's and a xhd3000, I couldn't get an accurate solution (the DP dell was using 1920x1200, the gateway was 2560x1600, the DVI dell was some tiny resolution). Editing the EDID to force only 1 resolution (2560x1600) on all three monitors worked. I didn't modify the display area (in cm's) in the EDID, but some people say that helps problems as well.

WFGF post about this

WARNING: I take no responsibility for any harm that may occur as a result of modifying/overriding your monitor's EDID.

Thanks. I have mine now working. 2 x fhd2401's and 1 x fhd2400... Now a fhd2401

Yes you have to uninstall 10.2 through windows before you install the 10.3s because they have an earlier date than the current drivers.

I didn't have to - the 10.3 preview installed just like all the other drivers.

Lego, try forcing the 2408 driver on your 2407. That should work. Or as others stated get an EDID editor to make your own and use it on all 3.

How could you force the driver?
Can you explain?
I'd like to try to get my 2410 to be a 2408.

How could you force the driver?
Can you explain?
I'd like to try to get my 2410 to be a 2408.

Use the update driver in the hardware manager and click 'have disk' and browse for it then load it.

These drivers seem to perform the best to me out of any of the ones I've tried but I haven't really done any benchmarking games just feel smoother.

Back