1gb ddr pc 3200 $45 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed him friday and asked about compatibility with nforce3 and 4, got his reply today which was not a yes or no, just a paste of the chipsets he had listed on the auction. So there you have the "catch".

That RAM is high density. It will work with 128 x 4, as well as with [presumably only].......
*.VIA P4X266A
*.VIA KT400
*.VIA KT600
*.VIA PT800
*.SIS 645
*.SIS 648, 648FX
*.SIS 746FX

Maximus825 said:
I thought that too...

The way gigabyte implemented the design (limited production, custom, expensive programmable chips) has increased the cost.

I ordered two, will check em out and see if they're any good.
Thanks for the possibly great deal.

As I posted before, on the 5th, he hasn't responded yet, think I'll pass.

Guys, this is *obviously* high density memory. They've been selling high density memory that only works with SOME chipsets for *years* now, since at least the PC133 days.

This is no hot deal.

Jason

The 2 sticks I ordered arrived today. Works fine in Chaintech VNF-250. Currently have it a stock.

Commander X800 said:
noticed it said 4mb of ram for that that one slot?
btw how is the ram holding up?

No clue on why it says 4mb. Everything else seems to be detected properly. Probably incorrectly programmed SPD. The chips themselves say Advance Modules, so I don't know exact what it is. But seems to work well enough. Definately somewhat sketchy :p

Seems stable enough at 200mhz, default timings and voltage. Ran prime95 for a while (also installed a xp-90 today) and it seemed stable. Only ran it for an hour. Will try to run memtest while I sleep. Gotta find a cd to burn it on to first, so I may not be able to do it tonight.

Cali3350 said:
hmm..isnt that Nforce3?

Yup, nforce3.

Wow, now this is a serious temptation for me . . . 2 gigs . . . or 3 with my current ram :eek:

I took a chance. Heres to hoping 1x 1024 & 2x512 will work in my board.

Igthorn said:
The 2 sticks I ordered arrived today. Works fine in Chaintech VNF-250. Currently have it a stock.

Why must you do this to me!?!?!

I have a vnf3-250, and I was about to buy a second stick of ram for $108, and this is 2x1gb for $111 shipped... VERY tempting :mad:

Still have some reservations though

Arrgh!! I had a Soyo KT880 Dragon2, and if this ram works with the PT880, KT600, et al, it must work with my board . . . but do I REALLY need this much ram??

well i decided to bite here :eek: Came to $60.xx after insurance and ohio tax :( If it doesn't work in my sff soltek qbic itll be resale time :eek:

Thos chips come up in google as pc2700, but if they can really do cas2 @ 200.... :drool:

Someone buy these and slap them into a nForce 2 Ultra 400 board and tell me the results... very tempting.

DragonMasterAlex said:
Guys, this is *obviously* high density memory. They've been selling high density memory that only works with SOME chipsets for *years* now, since at least the PC133 days.

This is no hot deal.

Jason

Guys you can't make gig sticks without high density. Not saying it might not be incompatible, but to say high denisty itself doesnt work in a lot of boards, like another dude did, well what [H]'ers board can't handle a gig stick? I probably should have quoted him, but it sounds like you guys think this is some foreign weirdo stuff. It's not a good deal? Alright... whatever. Notice 512 already has ram chips completely covering both sides... how do you think they magically get a gig on there. What am I missing?

texuspete00 said:
Guys you can't make gig sticks without high density. Not saying it might not be incompatible, but to say high denisty itself doesnt work in a lot of boards, like another dude did, is crazy. I prob ably should have qquoted him, but it sounds like you guys think this is some foreign weirdo stuff. What [H]'ers board can't handle a gig stick? Notice 512 already has ram chips completely covering both sides... how do you think they magically get a gig on there.... HIGH DENISTY.

Well, the 1gb stick I have already is 16 chips, so it should be 16x64. Those sticks appear to be single sided, meaning that they are 8x128. Probably higher density than some chipsets are comfortable with.

My mistake... uber high density then. Whatever though. If it's not a good deal, how much should something like this go for? Know what I mean? Maybe he should give it away for a love note? :) I figured it would work in an NF. All those baords are just older from what I see. I'd bank on it working on NF4 too.

texuspete00 said:
My mistake... uber high density then. Whatever though. If it's not a good deal, how much should something like this go for? Know what I mean? Maybe he should give it away for a love note? :)

Can't say it's not a good deal - I bought my 1gb stick for $108 a week or so ago, thinking of selling it off and grabbing a couple of these. $111 shipped for 2gb is rather impressive, and i've got a testimonial in this very thread that my mobo is compatible with two of them.

When mine arrives, I'll be testing it on my soltek nf3 250gb board.. so those nforce interested, wait.. and i'll post ;p

Ill be trying mine on a NF3 with two other 512 sticks for 2gb total. Ill let ya know how it works.

@Igthorn

post a shot using PCwizard 2005, if you don't know what it is, its a more indepth app for finding out system info its from the same creators of cpuZ and its better at finding settings than cpuz is.
can you dl and install the app and post some pcs of your ram?

k1114 said:
Well, the 1gb stick I have already is 16 chips, so it should be 16x64. Those sticks appear to be single sided, meaning that they are 8x128. Probably higher density than some chipsets are comfortable with.

Anyone know what the dimms are? 8x128 or what?
Thanks!

does anybody think these would work with msi k8n neo 4 sli board. I really need some ram for bf2. thanks

My shuttle AV49PN is a PT800, so I guess I might have to try this out. Book says I can run 2gb 1600/2100/2700/3200 in it. Looks like I have a good chance yeah?

Ok, got around to running MemTest.

At 200mhz 2-3-3-7 default voltage - errors on Test 5, all others ok.
At 200mhz 2-3-3-7 2.7v - even more errors on Test 5 (only ran test 5)
At 200mhz 2-3-3-7 2.8v - errors++ on Test 5 (only ran test 5)
At 200mhz 2-4-4-9 default voltage - errors on Test 5 (only ran test 5)
At 200mhz 2-4-4-9 2.7v - even more errors on Test 5 (only ran test 5)

I couldn't get it stable at CL2. Upping the voltage just seemed to make it worse. Could be the ram was getting hot, since there is no heat spreader. Might be able to get it stable if there was active cooling or at least a heat spreader.

At 200mhz 2.5-3-3-7 default voltage - All test passed, no errors.

Can't complain though, the seller did advertise it as CL2.5.

k1114 said:
Thos chips come up in google as pc2700, but if they can really do cas2 @ 200.... :drool:
The chips look nothing like the Samsung chips I've seen, so I'm guessing it's fake SPD info. The chips themselves have "Advance Modules" written on it and they are a Malaysian memory manufacturer.

k1114 said:
The sticks are double sided, 16chips total.

Commander X800 said:
@Igthorn

post a shot using PCwizard 2005, if you don't know what it is, its a more indepth app for finding out system info its from the same creators of cpuZ and its better at finding settings than cpuz is.
can you dl and install the app and post some pcs of your ram?
Both CpuZ and PC Wizard 2005 just check SPD for the memory info, so either there is an error reading it or the info is wrong. Could be either or a combination of both. With SPD info access checked in the settings, PC Wizard is telling me I have 8MB of ram. Had it tell me I had 124MB of ram.another time I ran the program. Unchecked SPD info access and it reports the correct amount of ram.

http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20040602/index.html

Probably the closest answer to what is going on.

Best pic I could take so far. Wish I still had a Nikon digicam, then I could take better macro shots. I'll see if I can take some better ones.

What's printed on the chips that I could read:
Advance Modules
AM8081E (might be AMBOB1E or some combination)

Nice pubes in the photo. You must have focused on that hair rather than the text on the chips.

Thanks for testing the memory for your fellow [H] members. :)

im gonna take the plunge and grab two...going in an msi rm480

and this is definatly cause for bending the rules

That brings more confusion for me. My current ram is likely able to do cas2 @ 200mhz, but I don't think its worth 2x the cost of one of these for a second stick.

yea thats a good deal if it's good ram--

i am tempted to get some--i think it will work in my old a8v-deluxe kt-800pro (SC)

i wonder if anybody has tried it in a nf4 mb ? :eek:

Anyone know if this would work with a nVidia nForce2 Ultra 400 board (specifically an aopen ak79d-400vn)??

freakycody said:
Anyone know if this would work with a nVidia nForce2 Ultra 400 board (specifically an aopen ak79d-400vn)??

I went through old feedback and it seems that nf2 is the one chipset that it specificaly will not function with.

I'm still tempted by this, i'm about to buy my second 1gb stick elsewhere for nearly twice as much.

Think this will work with my mobo. Im runnin Corsair 2x512 and a 1024 but would love to have 3 full gigs. Mobo in sig, Asus K8n-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back