1gb ddr pc 3200 $45 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just couldn't do it :( End up ordering another normal stick from newegg.

Maybe for the htpc though, it could use more ram :)

ill be ordering some of this before the end of the week....ooooohhhhh yeeeeeaaaah

I bit -

just ordered - gonna go in my HTPC (only have 128 PC1600 in it now...I know, I know, it was only 2 bucks)

not a bad price-- i'm tempted --$110 gets 2 gig --but there are lots of places on pricewatch that sell spot market 1 gig 3200 generic type ram for $64 shipped-- but $9 is $9 !

i think i'm going to hold out a bit longer --i just picked up 1g of g-skill for $120 (4x246 tccd)

and i think the 512's of tccd's are going to get a lillte price drop --so i might be able to pick up 2 512 of tccd's for around $120+ or _ a few $$ if i hold out a little longer !! so my chioce is either 2 gig generic or one gig tccd's --as dicey as the nf4's are-- i'll certainly be better off with more tccd . but it is tough not to pick up about 4 gig of this and put in the old a8v-kt800pro--lol--but since my old gf6800gt pny is croakng --whats the use--lol

yea i know i say "hold-out" alot these days --but the memory is a better buy than the VGA's are --as the ram has little cheeper to go where videocards can still drop a lot more.

Just got mine.
Was a bit worried at first since it was about half the size of regular ram.
But my motherboard supports it so its all good. No problems so far.

anarchilist said:
Just got mine.
Was a bit worried at first since it was about half the size of regular ram.
But my motherboard supports it so its all good. No problems so far.

What motherboard?

anybody check to see if it works on an NV4 board? (i think it got posted earlier but no response).

k1114 said:
I went through old feedback and it seems that nf2 is the one chipset that it specificaly will not function with.

I'm still tempted by this, i'm about to buy my second 1gb stick elsewhere for nearly twice as much.

Link?

Was recognized and so far works fine on my nf3 250gb board. Wouldn't run in ddr400 with my other stick of hynix pc3200, however.

Well, when i put it by itself there is no problem, and if i pair it with just 1 stick of my old 512 there is general instability. When it and my 2 old 512 sticks are together the system will post but cant even boot into windows :/.

UPDATE: I just upped the voltage to 2.8 (from 2.7) and it appears i can atleast run it with one of my old sticks. Looks like the prob is my mobo, not the stick.

UPDATE2: 306 errors before it was halfway through test 7 :/. Giving 2.85 a try now, but its looking glim. I also dont like pumping 2.85 volts through my ram...

UPDATE3: No errors at 2.7 volts with this gig stick and my old crucial stick. My Kingston stick would error out over 500 times even at 2.85 volts. Crucial working perfectly even at the 2.7 i had it at before. So i essentially paid for only 512 upgrade :/. O well, it does work on my board, Nforce 3 250 MSI K8N NEO PLATINUM

JSF35rhino said:
not a bad price-- i'm tempted --$110 gets 2 gig --but there are lots of places on pricewatch that sell spot market 1 gig 3200 generic type ram for $64 shipped-- but $9 is $9 !

i think i'm going to hold out a bit longer --i just picked up 1g of g-skill for $120 (4x246 tccd)

and i think the 512's of tccd's are going to get a lillte price drop --so i might be able to pick up 2 512 of tccd's for around $120+ or _ a few $$ if i hold out a little longer !! so my chioce is either 2 gig generic or one gig tccd's --as dicey as the nf4's are-- i'll certainly be better off with more tccd . but it is tough not to pick up about 4 gig of this and put in the old a8v-kt800pro--lol--but since my old gf6800gt pny is croakng --whats the use--lol

yea i know i say "hold-out" alot these days --but the memory is a better buy than the VGA's are --as the ram has little cheeper to go where videocards can still drop a lot more.
With the exception of DDR2 ram prices have gone up across the board. Just a month or two ago there was lots of 512megs floating around for $35 shipped, now all those sticks are $45 and up. Ram producers were actually losing money on DDR for a little while there, prices were bound to go up due to slowed production/transition to DDR2.

Now, as always, is the best time to buy ;)

Just got my 2 sticks in, runs fine. It is rebadged samsung chips as CPU-Z says. The only weird thing is that CPU-Z reads them as 4mb sticks....oh well everything else sees it fine.

newram2.gif

newram1.gif

Got mine yesterday but haven't been able to test it as it is going in my cousin's computer. This guy has pretty much torked me off with his shipping though. I had to pay $3.25 postage due because he used delivery confirmation without paying for priority shipping. On top of that, he charges $2.00 for insurance but does not insure the package. :mad:

postalcop said:
On top of that, he charges $2.00 for insurance but does not insure the package. :mad:

No problem with that at all. It is called self insured. It is exactly what FedEx and UPS do. You pay them for it(declared value), they do not give it to an insurance company either. They pocket it. They also decline any package over $100 automatically for 'improper packaging.' So they take your money for 'insurance' and decline any claim over $100.

:eek: I wonder if a stick of this will work in a mac mini.

Oh well, i ordered one, lets find out , i can always stick it in one of my other boxes. :D

works in my htpc @ 184 (PC2900) - cant boot it @ 200 fsb (thats ok since I have a 166 chip in it)

Cant beat it for cheap 1 gb!

BTW - I have a Gigabyte 7VAXP-Ultra Motherboard (Via KM400 chipset) in that HTPC

RD said:
anybody check to see if it works on an NV4 board? (i think it got posted earlier but no response).

Just got a MSI Neo3-F, s754 nForce4-4x board with PCIe + AGR (gimped agp) today. Ram is working fine at the same settings I was using on the VNF3-250. 200mhz 2.5-3-3-7 1T

Running prime right now to make sure my OC is stable, 2400mhz 10x240. Will run memtest later.

Igthorn said:
Just got a MSI Neo3-F, s754 nForce4-4x board with PCIe + AGR (gimped agp) today. Ram is working fine at the same settings I was using on the VNF3-250. 200mhz 2.5-3-3-7 1T

Running prime right now to make sure my OC is stable, 2400mhz 10x240. Will run memtest later.
Pretty darn good for a gig stick imho, not cas2-2-2-5 but i don't think that's realistic. Nice to see it boot @ 1T since other supposedly better brands can't.

you scored well danielson :p

Got my situation resolved finally. I tried this on my nforce2 board but it won't work. Works fine on the kt600 chipset though.

I bought two of these and stuck them into my Asus A7V600-X mobo and now the comp won't boot. When I turn it on, it just hangs before the bios and keeps giving me long beeps. I have looked in the manual and have found nothing helpful and cannot get through on their help lines either (weekend). My board has the kt600 chipset so I figured it would boot right up. Thought Asus board would like it but I guess not. If anyone has any suggestions please post them or pm me. Anything would be helpful. Thanks

Have you tried 1 stick at a time and various slot combinations? And if you are trying to use it with your old ram, try removing the old ram.

I tried just one stick in and it didn't boot. I tried them both in with a stick of 512mb that I knew worked and the computer booted, but cpu-z says the same thing that everyone else is getting, but the total ram detected in cpu-z is only 512mb. Even on the bios the only ram detected is the 512mb. The working ram is Samsung pc2700 btw. I just tried the ram in my Gigabyte 7VA rev1.0 board (kt400 chipset) and the computer doesn't even spin up to a hanging point. It doesn't turn on at all. If someone could suggest a non-64 bit board that is working I would greatly appreciate it because I just purchased my processor so it wouldn't be possible to get another one just for this ram. Please let me know if anyone has anything at all relating to my problem. Thanks...

csm11 said:
I tried just one stick in and it didn't boot. I tried them both in with a stick of 512mb that I knew worked and the computer booted, but cpu-z says the same thing that everyone else is getting, but the total ram detected in cpu-z is only 512mb. Even on the bios the only ram detected is the 512mb. The working ram is Samsung pc2700 btw. I just tried the ram in my Gigabyte 7VA rev1.0 board (kt400 chipset) and the computer doesn't even spin up to a hanging point. It doesn't turn on at all. If someone could suggest a non-64 bit board that is working I would greatly appreciate it because I just purchased my processor so it wouldn't be possible to get another one just for this ram. Please let me know if anyone has anything at all relating to my problem. Thanks...

if you want to send me the RAM i can try it in both an nforce2 board and a KT333 and let you know if it works. wouldnt be a problem! send it back the same day if it gets here early enough.

Doesnt work in the mac mini, seems to be working fine in my ecs nforce4 A754 and my dell pe400SC. Probably going to order a few more, cant beat the price if you need more ram and arent wanting to overclock.

bought 2 sticks today for $113 shipped--i suppose we will see if they will work on a NF$ afterall

since it seems to work on the a754 nf4 i hopeful that it will work on the dfi's and asus-

if not i still got a a-754 and a a8v--that it will work in i think--lol--er i hope-- high density allways scares me-- :eek:

Has anybody tried any of this on an itel chipset yet. I was thinking about ordering some for my HTPC which has an i855GME chipset but really dont want to output $100+ dollars if its not going to work.

Well, I have had it for several days, havent gotten any errors. works fine with the nforce4-4x (s754 nforce4) Havent tried overclocking much, don't think it will go very high.

i have a a8n-sli deluxe . dfi-lanparty ultra d , and a ECS a-754 nf4/754 mb and a a8v-kt800pro .

i'll test it in each of them --i have two sticks comming in--surley it will work in at least one MB--lol-- i am hopeful that it will work in the 939 nf4 because the ECS a-754 nf4 is allmost the same chipset.-- i switched my sata hardrive from the ultra d to the ECS and it didn't even drop a driver--it just re-booted the os and loaded right up--same drivers --and all . i'll post when the ram arrives- :eek: if it comes with the samsung modules--i'll think it will be ok-

Kaiga said:
never buy RAM or PC parts like that off E-bay IMO, too many bad experiences.
so because you had bad experiences, everyone else should stop purchasing? some people had great luck with this RAM, good enough for me.

I am currently running two sticks (2GB) on an Abit AN8 SLI nforce 4 motherboard. So far everything works great. I haven't OCed yet but will try it soon.

Has anyone tried this with a MSI K8N Neo4 nForce4 yet? This may be the perfect candidate for my 939 build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back