2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by towert7
How much you want to bet that's not faster then an ISO 100 camera. hehe

Don't feel bad, i have a crapy fuji digicam... ISO of 100 MAX.... cant get a clear picture even with a tripod. ^_~

Actually it's my sony dsc-p32...but my younger brother took the picture

My little setup with a closeup of my rig and audio goodies at the bottom:)

P1010003.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010009.JPG

P1010020.JPG

Originally posted by twan
@ blix: how do you like that hercules proview lcd ?

i was planning to buy the 17".. so i wanna hear an opinion from a user

thx

Mines the older model and doesn't have DVI, but all in all it's a great LCD. Colors are clear and vibrant, games run perfect with zero ghosting, no complaints that I can think of..

Originally posted by blix
Mines the older model and doesn't have DVI, but all in all it's a great LCD. Colors are clear and vibrant, games run perfect with zero ghosting, no complaints that I can think of..
Any dead pixels?

Kinda ... extreme ... :D

... and there are another two comps that you can't see on the pic ;)

zimmer.jpg

That's an insane workstation!

BTW, how do you like your Enermax case on the far right? I love those look of those and I was looking to get one.

Originally posted by y_T
That's an insane workstation!

BTW, how do you like your Enermax case on the far right? I love those look of those and I was looking to get one.

Enermax ? It's a Casetek 1018 ...

ic7-disks-1.jpg

And i like it alot :) it's heavy but you can put a dually xeon inside ... did that today and theres a damn lot room for for harddrives :D

Originally posted by draconius
is that an indigo or an SGI machine on the left??

That's an Siemens Primergy - dually Pentium 1 - 166 ;)

6023DSCN1147.jpg

Finisched swappin cases :D

Abit IC7
P4 2.53 @ 3.0 w/ SLK900U
4*256MB Infineon PC333 @ 200 2-2-2-6 :eek:
Albatron GF4Ti4600
IBM 180GXP 80GB
IBM 180GXP 60GB
IBM 60GXP 60GB
2*Samsung 160GB in RAID1

450W Levicom PSU

3*92mm + 120mm Enermax Adjustable Fans :cool:

cube-ic7-1.jpg

cube-ic7-2.jpg

cube-ic7-3.jpg

Dually Xeon ... i replaced the annoying Intel Fans with nice YS Techs i had lying around :cool:

xeon-1018-1.jpg

xeon-1018-2.jpg

Originally posted by Anarchy
Dually Xeon ... i replaced the annoying Intel Fans with nice YS Techs i had lying around :cool:

xeon-1018-1.jpg

xeon-1018-2.jpg

Wow , that is a very nice looking case. I like the 2 fans in the back, 2 fans in the door, and the side mounted Hard Drive rack. Who makes that case and what model is it?

~thanks

Originally posted by grjr
what are the specs of that machine :eek:

Tyan Thunder 860
2*2.4GHz Xeon
4*128MB PC800 RAMBUS
GF2GTS -> to be replaced with PNY FX5800 @ Ultra when i'm done with benchin the RAID5 array
RAIDCore 4852, 8-Channel SATA RAID5 Controller
4*160GB Hitachi SATA HDDs (ordered ... waitin)
Raptor 36GB for OS

Anarchy - What the hell are you doing with those (terabytes, I'm guessing) of HDD space on all those machines and are you willing to sell of the hard drives off? :eek:

Here's mine... I painted everything a color called twilight blue. It's so dark it almost looks black. It took almost 2 gallons of primer, paint, and clear coat at the cost of about $160. It also took a total of two weeks before everything was done.

picture1.jpg

picture3.jpg

picture5.jpg

picture6.jpg

picture8.jpg

picture10.jpg

picture11.jpg

picture12.jpg

Room.jpg

My room. You guys can have your basements, I'll take my huuuge room. It's part of the attic that was converted over to a room. The people that lived here before us.
RocketPosters.jpg

A shot of the posters to the left of the camera.
MTPosters.jpg

Megatokyo pwns you.
Desk.jpg

My Desk and laptop[playing RvB]
LaptopAndComp.jpg

Laptop and Tower.
I haven't stealthed the drive or painted the HD coolers because no one ever sees them. I'll eventually paint them. 3 Whispersys IcyTanks, btw.
TowerClosed.jpg

Tower, with the door closed.... and my RTFM casebadge.
CompsAndShortwaveRadio.jpg

My ftp computer. It's on top of a dead IBM Aptiva from aeons ago. Next to the Aptiva is some homebrew comp I was given that needs a HD. Also, a shortwave radio I got from my grandad. I'm using a set of tv 'bunny ears' for an antenna. They work pretty good, as I can get some either Japanese or Korean stations.

Originally posted by rayman2k2
me also!

I used silver dry transfer lettering. Purchased them at a local hobby store for about $5. It was hard lining up the letters perfectly. After the primer, paint, and lettering I used a smooth clear coat designed for model airplanes. I used this clear coat since it's designed to resist a lot of tough liquids. This clear coat dries harder than a rock. It's very hard to scratch the keys making it very durable. For the hand rest and the rest of the outside of the keyboard I sprayed about a dozen very fine misty coats of automotive clear coat on top of the several layers of paint to create a gritty surface. I made it like that since a smooth hand rest doesn't allow air to get under palms making them sweaty. Most keyboards are molded like that to begin with. The keyboard took me 4 days to do. I spend about 6 to 8 hours each of those days doing it.

Originally posted by Benny Blanco
Adam how did you relabel the keys on the keyboard? I wish to do the same :D

Surely he took his keyboard apart and did it that way.

David

Originally posted by Robbins1940

David

Yep, every bit of the speakers, monitor, keyboard, trackball, case, and drives were taken apart for this project.

Originally posted by Robbins1940
Thanks for the reply, but it didn't answer my question.

Thanks for the response Adam, I can see a black & silver MS natural keyboard in my future :cool:

workstation.jpg

Let the flames begin! I haven't gotten around to taking any pictures of my PC stuff yet.

Originally posted by Neural
http://homepage.mac.com/btwoody/workstation.jpg[/IMG]

Let the flames begin! I haven't gotten around to taking any pictures of my PC stuff yet.
ban plz...
no mac users allowed.
jkjk

no modding :-(

You should replace the LED in your mouse with a white one...
that would look really cool.

Originally posted by randyc
ban plz...
no mac users allowed.
jkjk

no modding :-(

You should replace the LED in your mouse with a white one...
that would look really cool.

I'd mod the case, but it looks so nice stock :-P

I think the standard window and lights type mod would look stupid with the apple case... I dunno.

What I really need to do is drop the stock keyboard and mouse entirely. You know, get a mouse with more than ONE FREAKING BUTTON.

It would look pretty pimp with a white lite though :D

where is the comp that is in your sig, instead of this mac mania...

Originally posted by Z3Px
where is the comp that is in your sig, instead of this mac mania...

Well, here it is, to prove it exists. I just snapped the picture, and I just got back from a LAN, so it's not hooked up.

Yes, I must do something about the ugly beige bezel. It is teh suck.

xpc.jpg

adamk47 that is amazing that you painted everything. truly a nice mod job.

Hinokagutsuchi sweet setup. ranks as one of my favorites.

adamk47, what kind of paint did you use to paint everything?? was it some sort of automotive paint?? and did you use vynal to relable the keyboard and cd-roms???

Originally posted by Z3Px
adamk47, what kind of paint did you use to paint everything?? was it some sort of automotive paint?? and did you use vynal to relable the keyboard and cd-roms???

Duplicolor Twilight Blue

The lettering are sliver dry transfers

aaacbada: Thanks

Oh, I guess I forgot to list the specs for my tower:

AMD Athlon XP2000+ 1.47ghz...I think it's a Thoroughbred
Gforce 4 Ti4200 64mb[Looking to upgrade -_-]
512mb RAM, also looking to upgrade when I get some more cash
3 HDs with Whispersys IcyTanks, 120, 60, and 40gb[Totaling 204.97 gb]
Sony DRU-510A
Also have a Happauge Win TV Go card

I was on a budget when I first built it, but it's played every game I want so far. I do want more RAM and a better gfx card, but the main thing I want is a capture card with hardware encoding.

Originally posted by Neural
workstation.jpg

NICE! I'm loving the Mac/Glass desk combo. Purdy setup. I like the minimalistic type desks. Would be badass to see a G5 under there and an Apple LCD Display. (fyi- I've been a mac user my entire life). PC user for 1 year.

I'm seriously considering replacing my desk with a glass L-shape workstation.. Only $129 at BB

that glass desk is a piece of crap, my friend has it and when we built it it didnt even line up right... and we definitly built it correctly...its cheap as hell in my opinion i wouldnt spend more than 50 bucks on it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back