2006 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
id advise removing that restrictive mesh :) it just added to the noise on my case...

IMG_2615.jpg

Office640.JPG

The desktop, I know it is messy, I have too much crap.

OfficeLaptop640.jpg

Toshiba laptop running Windows and SUSE Linux.

Tyklfe said:
Here's the Current setup, but I'm in the middle of building a real desk - I'll post a worklog of that when it's done. (by that time there should be a second 23" ADC there too - and yes, they're all running off my main box.) :D

I had one of those Sun monitors at my office this summer. Amazing monitors, 1600x1200 @ 85Hz.

Levi very nice loving the purple neons around the desk, thought that was a iPod from far then relised was a Zen or iRiver I can't tell the difference

7.1 surround sound! Sweet!

Very nice rig man, I'd love to sit in that chair. :D

edit: sanj, its a Creative Zen Vision: M

|Leviathan| said:
minez~

seems like i need more outlets

what country is this? Never seen computer cable plug like that. In US, it's +ve/-ve and the ground.

sanj101 said:
Levi very nice loving the purple neons around the desk, thought that was a iPod from far then relised was a Zen or iRiver I can't tell the difference

actually they're uv tubes, and one blu under the desk sound activated, wall painting is done on purpose with white streaks to fk around one's mind with uv reaction - and thats my sweet little baby creative zen vision:m

skudmunky said:
7.1 surround sound! Sweet!

Very nice rig man, I'd love to sit in that chair. :D

edit: sanj, its a Creative Zen Vision: M

10x mate, that sound setup does sound awesome 700Wrms ... well gues yu know what that means

Qonfused said:
How's the Vision:M? I was looking to get one.

actually as yu can see i'm quite a musik freak, infact i compared the vision:m to the ipod video ... my opinion this one is better, sound quality is awesom when i conect it to my sennheiser hd485 headsets \m/

Happy Hopping said:
what country is this? Never seen computer cable plug like that. In US, it's +ve/-ve and the ground.

uk standar plugs as far as i know, i reside in malta though small country in the midle of the mediterranean - english family moved here - nice place

dude, the CRT moniter looks like it's about to fall off. At least make sure the base is completely on the desk! :eek:

no worries. it's mostly on the desk and it weighs a ton so it's in no danger of falling off. I also don't usually do any vigorous aerobics on my desk so there shouldn't be anything too jolting to send it over the edge. ;)

Wow, 2 Rig's & Three Monitors.

My dad had a fit when I was running dual monitor about the electric bill.

I cant imagine yours.

Then again, price of electric in NY is fkin crazy.

Thank's NYSEG (new york state electric & gas) :rolleyes:

NickS said:
Wow, 2 Rig's & Three Monitors.

My dad had a fit when I was running dual monitor about the electric bill.

I cant imagine yours.

Then again, price of electric in NY is fkin crazy.

Thank's NYSEG (new york state electric & gas) :rolleyes:
Rural Missouri. I can do pretty much what I want for pretty cheap. Therefore:
P133mhz Router box, 15in CRT
P266mhz & another 266mhz clunker both on a single 19in CRT
G3 PowerMac
Athlon XP 2500
Athlon XP 2800 with the dual LCDs
1ghz celly with 17in CRT
233mhz pentium II

parents don't care at all. they don't take that much power and not all run 24/7

pixelbaker said:
no worries. it's mostly on the desk and it weighs a ton so it's in no danger of falling off. I also don't usually do any vigorous aerobics on my desk so there shouldn't be anything too jolting to send it over the edge. ;)

If that spot on your bed is really where your pillow is, I would spend the 1 second of the time to push that monitor all the way sitting on the desk. As if it falls, it could land on the pillow spot, and if you were sleeping at the time, well, let just say i would like to be the beneficiator of those 2 LCD screens.

Happy Hopping said:
If that spot on your bed is really where your pillow is, I would spend the 1 second of the time to push that monitor all the way sitting on the desk. As if it falls, it could land on the pillow spot, and if you were sleeping at the time, well, let just say i would like to be the beneficiator of those 2 LCD screens.
that's just an optical illusion I worked out in my free time to fool you... It let's you know who your friends are. the CRT is about 1 meter away from my head.

Gillette said:
I had one of those Sun monitors at my office this summer. Amazing monitors, 1600x1200 @ 85Hz.

They're fantastic monitors, but IMHO, they can't hold a candle to the Apple Cinema Display they're flanking. That thing is freaking amazing.

<------ (loves his Cinema Display and now wishes he had bought the 30"er instead)

Carbon_Le said:
Damn nice setup riddlerthc...let me guess you got that desk from officemax? :)

I dont really remember it was from office max, office depot or staples. lol

Oh, i recogniz that desk, ive had my eye on it for some time now, its the Osulluvan Diplomat desk, heres a Linky
Its a really nice desk, and i am conisidering buying that soon. Hope that helps. ;)

From left to right, the first is my Folding/game server rig...small time specs, but free, it's a P3 700 with 512mb ram, running part time Q3A and Q4A servers....the small 15" belongs to it, although I normally remote in....got the box from a lady I sold a new rig to...

Next is the FTP server, running a P3 550 and 384mb ram, runs 24/7 and Folds the entire time as well....it runs headless with Windows 2003 Server and I log in remotely...it also came as "leftover" from a customer that did not want it after buying a new rig...

My rig to the left of the desk is the rig I game on. See the sig for specs. On the desk are various things, my HD cable receiver looks GREAT on my Gateway via component input, the DVD-VHS combo under that is for ripping/recording to the computer to make custom DVD's...

You can see my cable modem and the wireless router that feeds my son's rig in another room. The router also does hardware firewall duties as well as assigning IP's to the LAN...

workstation.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back