2006 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tazzman said:
The re worked garage "work station"s"

Nice setup, how do you like that blue cool master case though, its one of my favorite cases ive seen on the egg, and i am really thinking about getting it for my next build. Thnks. ;)

Tazzman said:
Oceanside never gets too hot, I have a kick ass fan that I kick on, Crack the garage door 2 feet open and its a cool comfy..70 ish on the hotest days...
Also the house faces north south, so the sun hammers the rt side of the house from noon on, so the garage never gets to hot..

you're a lucky man ;)

errr.. not sure which thread to put this in, but I already just posted in the Jerker Gallery.. not sure if I was supposed to put it there or here. lol.. anyways..............

Here's some large pix.. lol. Hrm.. what's in the pix.

-Main rig (see signature)
-Laptop (see signature)
-Pocket PC (HP2215, 1GB SD card, Linksys 802.11b, GPS plugin unit)
-Sony SDM-HS95P on DVI-D
-Logitech 5.1 THX surround
-Linksys Wireless-G w/ Speedbooster
-D-Link VOIP box (DVG-1120M) AT&T Callvantage
-Webstar DPC2100 Cable Modem (Wide Open West 6mb/650kb)
-Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400W Color Laser
-OTT-LITE "natural light" lamp
-Awesome desk I picked up at MicroCenter for under 200 bux.. I forget which one it is.

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

kelim said:
THEN:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/kelim/446681a5.jpg

NOW:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/kelim/sexycomp.jpg[/QUOTE]

Puts a tear to the eye you made the flag go away :(

NorthStar said:
To my friends it has become known as the command center

Here are four pics

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/IMG_0033S.jpg[/I MG]

By toggling three switches I can switch the cable tv over to the television on the left so I can play PS2 at the same time on the TV on the right.
[IMG]http://images5.theimagehosting.com/IMG_0035S.jpg[/I MG]

[IMG]http://images5.theimagehosting.com/IMG_0036S.jpg[ /IMG]

[IMG]http://images5.theimagehosting.com/IMG_0037S.jpg[/ IMG][/QUOTE]

All you're missing is a toilet. "Depends", perhaps?

Love the vintage jerseys. :)

still not done yet...gotta get 2 new desks but u get the idea

my gameing rig
pic14rx.jpg

pic69go.jpg

pic57rn1.jpg

and the workstation
pic28wf.jpg

pic33ph.jpg

and i just thought this pic turned out really cool
pic42my.jpg

first one
amd 64bit 3300
1 gig ddr 400
nvidea 6600gt (soon to get a 7600gt)
80 gig sata hdd
lian li case
600 watt psu

second (its about 3 years old)
2.8GHz p4
1gig ram
radeon 9600 pro
120 gig hdd
2x 80gig hdd's

nothing speacial on either one...just a broke college kid!!!!

eab16hatchie said:
still not done yet...gotta get 2 new desks but u get the idea

my gameing rig
pic14rx.jpg

I have the same chair, Walmart special, lol. Mine is kinda old now though, and the seat is ripping so looks like it may be time for a new chair. Nice setup though.

Westinghouses are great value for the money. several hundered cheaper, and they hold their own against the "Big Name" LCDs.

Yes, I think 2 of the Westinghouse 37", maybe 3 would be perfect for my desk. That would indeed be [H].

cfull said:
Westinghouses are great value for the money. several hundered cheaper, and they hold their own against the "Big Name" LCDs.

I got a westinghouse 17" as a gift. I want to get a second one, but WH is a rather obscure brand. Not much beond best buy--And to my suprise: NOT AT NEW EGG!

I bought mine locally at Best Buy, it has be an excellent set though I had to return 2 of them for flaws. This one has minor back light issues and no dead pixels. I owned a Dell 1905fp, Dell 2005fpw , both sold. I can say this has been one AMAZING upgrade, I'm still amazed how games and movies feel epic on this set and its been 3 months since I've purchased it.

bhd said:
My gaming/development/movie/music watching rig

With that display and huge speakers, your gaming and movie sessions must be intense!

Do you sit at the base of the desk when you watch movies? Hello, did you "HEAR" my question?!

bhd said:
Yes, I think 2 of the Westinghouse 37", maybe 3 would be perfect for my desk. That would indeed be [H].
That would be AWSOME!!! 3 37 inch screens.............now if only we could put CS:S on there! almost 360 degree viewing..............*wishing*.............

Volucris said:
I'm still waiting to get my desk back from my thieving father.
Hey, did you install those recess lights yourself? I'm thinking about doing it in my room.

cpusetup01.jpg

damn mischa barton is getting hot, woot :D

2006_1.jpg

nice

PC7.jpg

dreamstash . com is all czech too but you didn't hear it from me ;D

MYSTic Jedi said:
That would be AWSOME!!! 3 37 inch screens.............now if only we could put CS:S on there! almost 360 degree viewing..............*wishing*.............

CS:S or DOD:S or BF2 that would be AWESOME POSSUM!

Went from this..
workstation_2.jpg

through this...
Resize%20of%20DSCF2389.JPG

to this...
2_resize.JPG

Cooler Master Cavalier, 19" wide screen LCD, Modecom speakers...

I ordered M$ IntelliMouse Exp. 2.0 mouse.. looking for a nice, low profile wireless keyboard that would go well with it.. any suggestions..?

It all looks awesome but one suggestion is to get rid of the red contact on your Jerker for something more fitting, such as black or grey, a colour that will match the rest of your setup and surrounding space a little better.

I'm no pro when it comes to decorating but maybe someone else here could lend a hand with some suggestions for you in that way ;)

Back at home from college for the summer. Changed my setup from last summer a bit.
I'm thinking of upgrading the speakers, but i'll have to wait and see on that ^_^.

6-2-2006.jpg

aj@x said:
It all looks awesome but one suggestion is to get rid of the red contact on your Jerker for something more fitting, such as black or grey, a colour that will match the rest of your setup and surrounding space a little better.

I'm no pro when it comes to decorating but maybe someone else here could lend a hand with some suggestions for you in that way ;)

thx man.. and yeah - I'm going to take the red vinyl off and put a nice black finish.. it's just I don't have much time since right now since II work full time and I'm finishing my master's thesis..

on the red jerker why not place those speakers a little better? there is no need to have three big speakers that close together. just put the left and right ones in the corners of the rooms and leave the center under your monitor.

edit: just noticed towert has the same denon receiver as me :)

Here's a little update for me. I finally got a new desk. I think it looks awesome. Got an awesome deal at OfficeMAX; $300 desk on sale for $150.

IMG_2319copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back