2006 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Hopping said:
Well, there is more cars on those piles and piles of JPG than computers. Most people photo their computer, and so happened to tag on a corner of their room of whatever that is. But all I see is piles and piles of cars, at a ratio of over 100: 1 vs. the computer, beheaded animal, chess set, among other junks.

What's that going to do w/ "Post your workstation". Not to mention the photo quality is so poor. And all the thousands of members who click that page has to pay for bandwidth from ea. one of our own ISP, not to mention the owner of hardforum also has to pay for those bandwidth.

How off topic can it get? If members here want to look at cars, we know the web site addr. of cars & drivers. I don't want to tie up my time even a ADSL speed, to load piles and piles of off-topic JPG on cars, little metal plates, beheaded animals and whatever else is hiding behind his closet. I don't want to know, and I don't care. Why are we having piles of off topic photos, and poor quality photos for that matter.

how about a cup of STFU, you know whats more annoying YOU, you know whats more off topic than things in his pic with workstation your thread crapping.

since off topic is very popular:
the day Hilary Clinton is president is the day Osama bin Laden is Vice president, the dyke is annoying.

dwilson041781 said:
how about a cup of STFU, you know whats more annoying YOU, you know whats more off topic than things in his pic with workstation your thread crapping.

since off topic is very popular:
the day Hilary Clinton is president is the day Osama bin Laden is Vice president, the dyke is annoying.

QFT, though it can be said alot more eloquently...

Happy Hopping said:
Well, there is more cars on those piles and piles of JPG than computers. Most people photo their computer, and so happened to tag on a corner of their room of whatever that is. But all I see is piles and piles of cars, at a ratio of over 100: 1 vs. the computer, beheaded animal, chess set, among other junks.

What's that going to do w/ "Post your workstation". Not to mention the photo quality is so poor. And all the thousands of members who click that page has to pay for bandwidth from ea. one of our own ISP, not to mention the owner of hardforum also has to pay for those bandwidth.

How off topic can it get? If members here want to look at cars, we know the web site addr. of cars & drivers. I don't want to tie up my time even a ADSL speed, to load piles and piles of off-topic JPG on cars, little metal plates, beheaded animals and whatever else is hiding behind his closet. I don't want to know, and I don't care. Why are we having piles of off topic photos, and poor quality photos for that matter.

piles and piles? hmm one hotwheels rack that isnt even full, and one shelf for mustang models is piles and plies? and your ratio is off, theres 5 computers showen in those pics(main computer, laptop, NES, SNES, and N64) the chess set sits on the far end of my computer desk. as for bandwith, i jsut called a friend thats on dial up had him check out the last page, guess what, my small pics loaded up before before the much larger ones that were posted before and after my post. what "little metal plates?" only thing i can think of is my light switch covers and id rather have those covered then out in the open. seeing how you love my closet ill tell you whats in it, a footlocker from WWII that holds the books my shelfs wont, a footlocker from the vietnam war, a big ass box of god knows what(going throw that today) and some storage bins. and that "beheaded animals" theres only one and as i said before its a jack-a-lope, there is no such cridder as a jack-a-lope all that is is a fake rabbit head with antlers. as for photo quality, fo a $30 digi cam from walmart those are great shots. and your whining about how i dont have many pics of my computer? they are posted, in the right forum,
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1029345019&postcount=1167
and
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1029435094&postcount=1311

as i said
Renswic said:
my workstation is also my room, so i took pics of the most commented things when i have people over
i work on peoples computers, when they drop them off they comment on some of the stuff i took pics of, so i posted them. there are far worse post in this thread with more "OT" pics and much larger sizes then mine and i dont see you singleing them out, just me and my "beheaded animals" so why dont you STFU and take your PETA loving ass and get off my back

dwilson041781 thanks for your 2 posts, even short ones like those can counter the bad ones posted by Happy Hopping

Those aren't crappy quality pics; they're motion blur!!!1

I love how the storm trooper is about to throw something at the two combatants. Haha.

Happy Hopping said:
blah blah blah*

happy hopping, you really are a retard you know. i am not sure i have ever seen a quality post from you. you make constant silly statements that i can't imagine how anyone else puts up with it. you ask questions as if you were a 2 year old and have never used the internet, spoke to another human or watched tv. do you live in a bunker? and there was nothing wrong with the guy's pics. he took a pic of his work area, well within the topic of this thread and it has been done before.

i mean what is your point man? always so curt with your statements and always silly. tsk.

Yeah, stop with the thread crap, Hopping.

And F Hilary Clinton in 2008. Vote Republican. OH NO THAT WAS OFF TOPIC!

P6110191.jpg

P6110199.jpg

P6110200.jpg

P6110202.jpg

P6110201.jpg

P6110203.jpg

P6110208.jpg

P6110193.jpg

P6110196.jpg

P6110197.jpg

P6110198.jpg

TheOneGreatX said:
Is that mirror behind the monitor ever annyoing? I can imagine it might be.

Well since the monitor stands tall, I can't really see myself when I'm sitting down. I can however see who comes into my room :)

ashfoot said:
Well since the monitor stands tall, I can't really see myself when I'm sitting down. I can however see who comes into my room :)
Exactly! i would love to have a mirror in my room for that very reason. Nice case by the way ashfoot, i know ive seen it before, but what is it? I love the way you've modified it too! Very cool! ;)

There is something missing from everyones' desk that I know was there before they decided to take a pic for the intraweb . . .hmmm.

mashie said:
Or neither, just working hard and have the pleasure to spend most of it on fun stuff.

I like it, square is just boring. ;)

After a bit of planning it became my 5th watercooled PC since 2001

snail02.jpg

Sure, here you have Kate Beckinsale. Let me know if you need a higher resolution version.

In the bookcase I have my old retired casemods which from the top are:

The Y2k-bug
Anemone
Syrinix

OMG FELLOw EVE-ONLINE PLAYER!!!!

EVE-Online Rox's your sox (Member of the V.O.I.D. Alliance)

Juts got done elevating my pc :D

elevatedlightsmall5md.jpg

elevateddarksmall4kr.jpg

pretty bad pics..sorry.

Ill take another in daylight tomorrow

Dude! that is a lovely setup :D

What is that awesome lookin app your running on your G15 lcd? i would'nt mind given that whirl on mine ;)

MYSTic Jedi said:
Exactly! i would love to have a mirror in my room for that very reason. Nice case by the way ashfoot, i know ive seen it before, but what is it? I love the way you've modified it too! Very cool! ;)

Thanks, and what do you mean by "what" is it? Do you mean what kind of case it is? Ya most people have seen my case. I've been in the Oregonian for it, a couple of websites highlighted the case and I've been to PDXLAN where most everyone sees it, so you could have see it anywhere lol.

just got a new desk for my workstation...soon to have the same desk for my gameing setup...well here they are
tell me what u think
pic16lw.jpg

pic23rl.jpg

pic52tp.jpg

o yeah i got new speakers to
pic49sb.jpg

pic34hm.jpg

I have to clean my desk and wires on the floor and rearange speakers positions and tilt them. Also my computer case is going to the left side of the table. Amplifier is going to another desk, you can see it to the left in first image.

Its Chieftec case with Barton 2600@2300mhz, Gainward 6800 ultra golden sample, asus deluxe nforce 2 mb, 1gb Geil ram, Icemat Black mousepad and Razer Diamondback Chameleon mouse, Apple keyboard and Nec 20wgx2 monitor. Sound card is Terratec Phase 22. Power Supply is Tagan 530 Easycon.

At the desk is Rotel ra04 amp and Panasonic dvd. Speakers is Audio Epilog Jana Tower.

Chairs is Yamakawa design and the wooden table to the left is made by my Grandpa!

Calendar on the wall is with Tolkien pictures.

Room is still in development

DarthBeavis said:
Being an IT nerd I have to ask: Do you have a Tolkien ring to go with your calendar?

No, but i do have ability to become invisible as you can see in my pictures!

eab16hatchie said:
just got a new desk for my workstation...soon to have the same desk for my gameing setup...well here they are
tell me what u think
pic16lw.jpg

pic23rl.jpg

pic52tp.jpg

pic49sb.jpg

pic34hm.jpg

your camera is the shit, what is it im in the market for a good one.

DarthBeavis said:
Being an IT nerd I have to ask: Do you have a Tolkien ring to go with your calendar?

Being an IT nerd, I thought you were talking about Token Ring, the network protocol. LOL.

eab16hatchie said:
tell me what u think

What desk is that? I really like it. I know how hard those are to keep clean though, being glass.

apHytHiaTe said:
Being an IT nerd, I thought you were talking about Token Ring, the network protocol. LOL.

What desk is that? I really like it. I know how hard those are to keep clean though, being glass.

LOL. Glad someone actually got it. Yes, meh = looser.

DarthBeavis said:
Ashfoot what part of Oregon are you from?

I live in Lake Oswego which is about 10 miles away from Portland, however I do go to school in Portland.

freshly setup after many problems...

CIMG0868.jpg

26" hp lcd tv tuner+hdmi built in
19" wide lcd
msi k8ngm2-fid
amd 3000
2gb patriot
2x 300sata seagate
1x 300 external seagate
logitech 5.1
xfi xtreme music
geforce 7600gs
liteon lightscribe dvdrw
antec case
logitech lazer mouse g5
liteon $9 kb
xp media center edition 05

eab16hatchie said:
tell me what u think
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5778/pic16lw.jpg
[url]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7826/pic23rl.jpg[/url]
[img]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7054/pic52tp.jpg
[img]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2452/pic49sb.jpg
[img]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2466/pic34hm.jpg[/QUOTE]

did you cut off the wire? :p that's one clean wire job. very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back