2007 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
pc1vz6.jpg

pc2pz1.jpg

hybrid.09 said:
That keyboard is ancient! :eek: So you like going on Steam powered forums ? :)

Sure it is. It's an old IBM M Type and still works.

80.jpg

And it's not steam, it's Hardmob. A local games/internet forum.

My workstation, sorta in progress:
workstation2k7jt0.jpg

core2 duo workstation is far left, currently dual-booting winXP and xubuntu until i have time to sit down and wipe both for a debian install

second is my p4 debian server (the old fileserver, now mail/web/CS:S/unreal)

the third one is my new via flex-atx based system (new fileserver, 1x80GB + 1x250GB drives for now) with a 90% functional debian install on a 2GB thumbdrive.

LCD is the LG204WT, CRT is the NEC Accusync 900

also featured are old COMPUSSR $10 speakers, iPod nano packaging, WoW time card box, the book "The Home Networking Bible" (which was filled with useful information 3 years ago when i started with computers, now makes a great LCD stand) and the book "The C Programming Language" by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie

Some nice setups in here guys...I'm still working on mine/waiting til im back in the dorm room to post mine up, should be nice with my macbook pro with griffin elevator with two samsung lcd/tv's i picked up for cheap from staples clearance (one 17" and one 19" WS) One on a monitor arm (still to be determined) with the 19 connected to my MBP and 17 to my PC...and my bluetooth MM and keyboard :) I'll make sure to get some pictures up when it's done, maybe some teasers from home...

There are really nice setups here. I am waiting till I reorganize my stuff and equipment, then I will post pics.

This will be my last pics from this place. I am retiring and going back to Chicago. I'll be posting from there very soon!!!

1005557va4.jpg

1005558gg4.jpg

ht
1005559tu0.jpg

1005560ix8.jpg

Lots of wires to be routed. I'll post more when I'm finished. Meanwhile, this is my basic setup.

desk3.jpg

Hehe, my set up isn't very fancy or whatnot, but it's the best an unemployed 15 year old deaf guy can do. ;)
But I also would like to mention that with my christmas money I have ordered some components for a new PC. I got the Thermaltake Armor case, and I am going to move my HD, PSU, and CPU out of this current case and into the Armor along with new RAM, Mobo, etc.

DSCF0216.jpg

DSCF0224.jpg

DSCF0223.jpg

DSCF0225.jpg

I don't have any current/next gen consoles except the NES :p
I have a load of controllers and peripherals for it too...
DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0226.jpg

DSCF0207.jpg

BTW, I painted the case myself. I have NO idea what brand it is o_O
But it's going into the trash sometime soon :p

props for the mug, good but not as good as barqs though

NES is so much fun.......i STILL get together with friends and play duck hunt and mario

Blue Fox said:
http://www.stfcc.org/bluefox/permanent/desk.JPG
How often do you use that Playstation controller for your pc?

carb0n said:
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m34/carbonXL/DSCF0207.jpg
Dude...

Some of the views you all have of the city are just depressing, for me. Some of the views of a city at night are just beautiful. Me however, I get to look at a ditch and the occasional bum. Ohh yea, don't forget the idiots driving their "sooped" honda with what they call a muffler.

carb0n said:
Hehe, my set up isn't very fancy or whatnot, but it's the best an unemployed 15 year old deaf guy can do. ;)

Are you seriously deaf, or just kidding? because I doubt you could use those speakers and that mobile phone, lol.

Black-Tom said:
Are you seriously deaf, or just kidding? because I doubt you could use those speakers and that mobile phone, lol.

I feel like I'm the only one that's noticed the CC subtitles are enabled on his TV.

The amount of flat/gloss black computers/electronics/etc is saddening. Add some color to your lives guys. This is a modding forum remember? :D

Qtip42 said:
The amount of flat/gloss black computers/electronics/etc is saddening. Add some color to your lives guys. This is a modding forum remember? :D

Don't forget the blue LED:s that are industry standard nowadays.... *thinks back to the days with green, red and orange leds* ;)

Black-Tom said:

lol yes, I am deaf. and my phone flips out, and reveals a keyboard that I use for text messaging. Plus I wear a cochlear Implant so i can hear with those headset/speakers. I have a woofer there though.
And yeah, those are CC on my tv. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back