2007 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like my stuff neat and un cluttered.

The movable small part of the dest that has the headphones is perfect for stacking loads of coke and CC's for those long gaming sessions. ;)

Theres also a Panasonic 900E Projector mounted on the ceilingthat projects to the wall just above the screen. :cool:

wheres your computer.. all I see is a fridge

looks awesome there droopz

EDIT: Added more pics.

Yeah, it's a bit of a monster.

This is the steel one so it's defiantly heavier than the aluminum equivalent, but I've still managed to cart it to 2 LAN parties so far.

Anyway, got a few more pics of the thing today.

Thanks.

Tried to get a few better shots of the thing....

I really want a blue lava lamp but the GF got me that one for Xmas, so it'll have to stay up for a while. ;)

Looking at all these pictures makes me want to buy a lava lamp. Prettttty colours and bubbly :D

here's my workspace and surroundings...

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp3.jpg

comp4.jpg

comp5.jpg

machine is 3 and a half years old with a graphics card upgrade:

Lian-Li PC-61 containing...
Abit IC7-G Max II mobo
P4 3GHz
1 gig RAM
Antec TruePower 480W
eVGA GeForce 7800GS SuperClock GPU
etc
monitors are a Dell 2005FPW 20" widescreen and a cheapie 15" lcd.

the whole rig is hooked up to a basic audio setup, a NAD C320BEE integrated amp and PSB Image 2B speakers.

here's my workspace and surroundings...

[MG]http://www.progreviews.com/comp1.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://www.progreviews.com/comp2.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://www.progreviews.com/comp3.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://www.progreviews.com/comp4.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://www.progreviews.com/comp5.jpg[/IMG]

machine is 3 and a half years old with a graphics card upgrade:

Lian-Li PC-61 containing...
Abit IC7-G Max II mobo
P4 3GHz
1 gig RAM
Antec TruePower 480W
eVGA GeForce 7800GS SuperClock GPU
etc
monitors are a Dell 2005FPW 20" widescreen and a cheapie 15" lcd.

the whole rig is hooked up to a basic audio setup, a NAD C320BEE integrated amp and PSB Image 2B speakers.

Hey man, what desk is that? I am looking for something that size for my wifes computer. Nice setup too.

awesome setup. I love that monitor. I wish i had one, hopefully i'll pick one up later this year

Hey man, what desk is that? I am looking for something that size for my wifes computer. Nice setup too.

I got both desks in the photos from Target a few years back. Can't find the one on the left online, but this is the computer desk. Less than $100 apiece. Bummer if they don't sell the other one anymore - that thing is awesome, big and ridiculously sturdy.

hervuli, what headphones are those? I can't make them out.

The ones in the photo are Sony V6s hooked up to a HeadAmp Gilmore Lite... but usually I use a pair of Grado SR-125s that are lying around somewhere. I'd like to upgrade those at some point, but it's never really been a priority...

Hehe, I knew I spotted some NAD hardware. Nice man, very nice.

lol yes, I am deaf. and my phone flips out, and reveals a keyboard that I use for text messaging. Plus I wear a cochlear Implant so i can hear with those headset/speakers. I have a woofer there though.
And yeah, those are CC on my tv. :cool:
Ah, I noticed the subtitles but I was just curious about the other stuff. Thanks for answering :D

Here's my setup, hope you like it :) Hasn't changed much from last year but what the hell.

Great room. I've seen lots of red rooms fail miserably, but, this one works. That shade of red really pops and its not too glossy.

Remember me from a few pages ago? ;)

i'm back and I just got done with my new badass PC.
Specs:
Pentium D 2.66 ghz (will overclock it during a lan this friday)
ThermalTake Armor LCS (with included liquid cooling system)
2GB Corsair XMS2 C4 series )800mhz)
eVGA 680i board
ATi Radeon X850XT (borrowed it from a russian pal, sticking with it until i get more money for either a 7950GT KO or 8800GTX if i'm lucky)
250GB SATA HD (maxtor)
l_2ce6ebeed8a970c53ba7057405bfb7af.jpg

l_89c457b7591c37a73a37bc5ed1b4f3b4.jpg

l_da240867bfbd79cb401b8638deec217e.jpg

l_8802e95c649f477d0c5392d3fb4fad28.jpg

Btw, this thing weighs like 90 pounds...good thing i bought a LAN Carry strap made by sunbeam. Can be carried by hand or back. :D

Remember me from a few pages ago? ;)

@carb0n
not show us your case, "post your workstation"...

Notice he said "Rememeber me from a few pages ago?"

Why don't you try that instead of being rude;) He already has a rather large post showing his workstation, and there is no need to repost the same pictures, with the only difference being his new rig.

Which, carb0n, looks great, good job!

Great room. I've seen lots of red rooms fail miserably, but, this one works. That shade of red really pops and its not too glossy.

Thanks, appreciate it :)

Ya I spent quite some time looking for the right red for the walls actually. I'm a red freak. My car's red, my bed is red, even my stapler is red (duplicate of the one found in Office Space movie).

I'm still working on my room though. The ps2 will be replaced by a PS3 and I'm hoping someone will come out with a 24inch+ LCD screen like my 2405FPW that has all the regular inputs + HDMI/HDCP or whatever the input is to get true 1080p off the PS3/X360.

Not sure if I should upgrade my Shuttle to one of the newer ones..been debating it for awhile. I'd really like to move to watercooling and cases nowadays are pretty close to how Shuttle designs their cases. I'd also like the ability to add a few more pci cards in there (I had to take out my SB audigy 2 to fit the x1950xtx) :(

I forgot to show images of my back speakers..I set it up as a true 5.1 system should be. I placed the rear speakers at the top corners of the room:

The red cables running down the walls?

dariuslatamus: I've got to ask. Where did you find the Bowen SS statue and how much did it cost you? Wanting one desperatly now.

dariuslatamus: I've got to ask. Where did you find the Bowen SS statue and how much did it cost you? Wanting one desperatly now.

eBay. Expect to pay $300+ if you really want one.

eBay. Expect to pay $300+ if you really want one.

Last offtopic post from me promise. The only one I can find on ebay (here in Aus too :) ) is a painted version. Going to have to wait for more to show up I guess. Thanks.

I placed the rear speakers at the top corners of the room:
From an accoustic POV you shouldn't place speakers in corners. But still, nice job on the wiring (wherever it is!).

Notice he said "Rememeber me from a few pages ago?"

Why don't you try that instead of being rude;) He already has a rather large post showing his workstation, and there is no need to repost the same pictures, with the only difference being his new rig.

Which, carb0n, looks great, good job!

Thanks! :D
And that was exactly what I was doing, updating the rig in this thread.

From an accoustic POV you shouldn't place speakers in corners. But still, nice job on the wiring (wherever it is!).

still better than having all 5 speakers on front of you in an arc, which is how most 5.1 setups seem to end up as on this board.

So true. But I'll stick with my real stero setup for now thanks!
(You can make out the speakers in the shot below, & the amp is an Aurex SB-A10 up on the windowsill (silver box on top) - I have an identical unit as a backup in the bottom of the cupboard, lovely 1970's gems.)

Yeah I know the fairy lights look incandescently tacky, but they just happen to give off the perfect amount of ambient, warm orange light in the background - much better than the fluorescent tube on the ceiling.

And seeming as someone was mentioning them earlier, the keyboard on the right is an old AT buckling spring one, but I'm pretty sure it's not an official model-M, as it doesn't claim to be & isn't made by any of the usual model-M manufacturers (IBM, Compaq, Lexmark). It's still a darned nice board though! And just to the right is an old-fashioned big tabletop trackball made by Fellowes.

uni_desk_jan07_next_middle.jpg

hickdesk2.jpg

hickdesk.jpg

New TV, Rearranged a bit, probably spend a good third of my life in that chair (Not sure I'm proud of that?) ;)

The red cables running down the walls?

Droopz,

Ya I got the Silver Surfer Statue off ebay about a year ago for $169.99. Now it seems like the price has shot up because of the new Fantastic Four that's coming out. I don't see the chrome one going for less than $300. It's really a phenomenal statue.

Hey dariuslatamus, it looks like all of your posters are on some kind of wood base or something. What is it?

Dumpster,

Yes, all my posters are custom framed on matte wood except for the Spider-Man 2 poster that has a gloss finish on it. The Matrix posters and the Spiderman 3 poster were custom made onto the wood from a store here in Toronto, Canada. Their website is www.movieposter.com. I highly recommend them :)

http://hickish.is-a-geek.org/temp/hickdesk2.jpg/IMG]
[IMG]http://hickish.is-a-geek.org/temp/hickdesk.jpg/IMG]

New TV, Rearranged a bit, probably spend a good third of my life in that chair (Not sure I'm proud of that?) ;)[/QUOTE]

Nice, what kind of desk is that?

Weird, I've been using that same folding table for my desk for the last few years. I got it at Walgreens :D

I am currently looking for a new desk, but I'm being really picky about it. When I get my new desk I'll take a pic and post it. Also I love these workstation pic threads :)

EDIT: After looking at thousands of desks within the last couple hours I finally found the one I initially wanted. I saw it a few times in the last year's version of this thread.

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/112877_metal-desk-with-bookcase-included.htm

Can't wait for it to get here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back