2407 release date

Gotta figure when the 10 days of deals is up, that's it...gonna come out within two days..

Newest update on 2407wfp in Japan. Delivery of product is only expected in late April. :mad:

After waiting about 6 weeks for the supposedly imminent release of the 2407 ("due out any day now"), and then reading the latest rumors of an early May release, I went ahead and ordered the 2405.

It arrived last night and I'm so glad I didn't wait any longer. It's awesome.

I'm planning to use my 2405 a lot for editing high-res photos shot with a digital SLR. Photos look great in 24 inches of bright LCD screen expanse. It really makes a difference. I'm noticing flaws in my pics (lack of sharpness, pixelization, etc.) that I couldn't even see on my 22" LaCie CRT monitor (a huge beast).

I say "Why wait?" I doubt the 2407 is really going to be better in any meaningful way to the 2405. (Unless you need HDCP support, perhaps.) If the 2407 comes out in early May, then I will already have had the use of my 2405 for a whole month, and that's worth it.

I want to hear any opinions on 2007FP vs 2007WFP, Im trying to decide which one to get. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Main use will be for gaming and movies.

I'd order the 2405 right now if people around here hadn't instilled a fear of input lag in me. I play BF2 a lot so that could be a dealbreaker. Sadly there's no consensus on the subject, so I was hoping the 2407 would quell any complaints. IF it ever gets released...

The lag exists. The question is will it bug you or will you adapt to it naturally and not notice it?

I adapted to the 2405 lag easily and it did not bother me. The 244t on the other hand was too much for me to deal with. Although, the reason I returned the 2405 was because I couldnt adapt to the afterglow ghosting. It drove me crazy.

The 2405 will most likely be ok for most people.

While we're waiting... lets play "guess the release price".

I'm going to say a very optimistic $1180

I figure the Apple 23 inch is 1299 and even though your getting one extra inch the Dell display which will be newer too tend to be very competitive in pricing. They don't want Apple to come close in terms of value.

When I talked to a sales rep a few weeks ago he said it would be priced the same as the 2405 since they are the same monitor. He said the different lines of monitors all retain the same pricing even when they are updated. Well see the truth to this soon though.

Nzo said:
When I talked to a sales rep a few weeks ago he said it would be priced the same as the 2405 since they are the same monitor. He said the different lines of monitors all retain the same pricing even when they are updated. Well see the truth to this soon though.

That's wonderful. How about Dell releases information on the release date?

Nzo said:
what was the price of the 2405 before the discount?

Krycek1 said:
what was the price of the 2405 before the discount?

Well looks like the discounted $800 price on the 2405 is no longer available so I'm guessing the price now is the normal price (~$1000). I can only hope they will reissue the discount when the 2407 comes out. I dont know how dell operates but I'm not very hopeful.

Patience is a virtue. I've paid high end prices for LCD once before, I'll be damned if I'll do it again. I'm kosher with anything under $999 CND.

Perhaps they are raising the 2405 price prior to releasing 2407 so when it comes out at rediculously lower price, everyone will see it as an extremely great deal and get rid of all their existing monitors so they can own a 2407?

Soon 2407s will be in every household!

Prayer Changes things...

Viewsonic 17inch CRT / 2407 wannabee

I've got the cash, I just want the 2407 now. I'm so tempted to just get the 2405! ARGH help!

Same, I just bought quake4, fear, farcry and hl2 for my new system and I'm trying not to play them as I would rather see them on a widescreen.

I talked to sales again and got stonewalled this time. No info on release date and no info on pricing. Maybe this rep just didnt know as much as the others I've talked to, I'll probably try again later.

gazza_new said:
I've got the cash, I just want the 2407 now. I'm so tempted to just get the 2405! ARGH help!

I know I nhad the same problem, but I found a solution - flog off a few old PC components and buy a 3007! Woo Hoo!

the biggest bonus about 2407 is the fact that it can also be a HDTV! =). yeah i know, 1200 makes more black bars, but still =). good price for true 1080p, HDCP display!

I believe may 3rd was published in an online article, i think it was behardware.com, although I cannot find the article right now. That means it is official?

After reading about the lag problems with these Dell monitors, I am going to buy the
HP L2335. Anandtech.com has article about them

http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=2467

from this article it sounds like this is the best way to go for 23-24 inch gaming.

I just need to find cheapest price and hope for a decent LCD upon arrival.

Oh and seriously I doubt they can make movies that we wont be able to watch on non hdcp monitors. Can you imagine the cost to consumers, nobody in right mind is going to get rid of 1000 dollar or more monitor just to be able to watch a movie.

I just ordered HP L2335 with tax license, registration, etc.. 1097.95 - 50 mail in rebate.

Let you know how it is.

The 2407FPW hopefully doesn't band like the 2007FPW..or does it? :(

I read that on the dell australian site. They want 1599 australian, i think 1200 US dollars.

My concern was more with it having mouse lag.

Hmmmm so since HDCP is BS, 2405 or 2407? My trigger finger is on the 2405.
Is there any way I could get a 2405 right now and then return it later for a 2407 if reviews turn out to be more favorable down the line?

Back