2407 release date

Haha, that's the theory i'm subscribing to as well.

Dell is letting everyone else test the screens for them, saving the revision to go out to the US customers.

No matter how unrealistic of theory it is, I need something to latch onto for my months and months of waiting for this forsaken display! I will cry myself to sleep if I waited almost 6 months to get a horrid quality display.

-Venthos

Venthos said:
Haha, that's the theory i'm subscribing to as well.

Dell is letting everyone else test the screens for them, saving the revision to go out to the US customers.

No matter how unrealistic of theory it is, I need something to latch onto for my months and months of waiting for this forsaken display! I will cry myself to sleep if I waited almost 6 months to get a horrid quality display.

-Venthos
When I saw the first crappy 2407 reviews coming out of Japan I decided to jump on a "7 Days of Deals" sale and picked up a 2405 for $300CDN off. Hard to complain about lack of HDCP and style when I got the monitor for just over $900 shipped. :)

I got tired of waiting and bought a 2405 with one of those 30% off coupons last week. A05 revision. 0 dead pixels. I am happy.

The below information was posted over at widescreengamingforums.com by sillymrman. It appears there have been reports of Dell having fixed the color banding and text blur problems.

Dell has released a new version of the 2407WFP in Japan it appears. It is still revision A00. However a new firmware version is on these panels.

Revision A00 -> A00
Panel LTM240M2 -> LTM240ML2
Firmware V1B11 -> V1B15
(http://www17.plala.or.jp/akenon/2407wfp.jpg)

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3240&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=540
sillymrman said:
Sorry to flood the forum but I figured this deserved its own post instead of an edit of a previous one.

I found the site y0kase got the picture from.

It certainly does mention the text issue appearing to be cleared up. It also shows a picture of some gradient bands... without banding!

Babelfish translation of that page:

In Summation, the new firmware update / panel seems to correct the text blurring and gradient banding issues in the 2407WFP.

omg! there is hope yet that when the US gets the 2407 (whenever the hell that will be)
that we might have a 'fixed' version.

...but i sure as hell am not being a 'guinea pig' to be one of the first to buy it. ill wait for some US confirmations... :D

Man, i sure hope it gets released soon. My old mag innovision CRT is on its last legs. The screen wiggles, vibrates, and makes this humming noise.

Well at least some are saying that they got the banding fixed maybe, I'll have another look around Xmas if funds are available. Really need a cheap 20 inch wide to go with then Nec 20WMGX2 i've got recently.

I think a 2407 is in my future.. for my gaming rig...my current slow 25ms 23" Sceptre is really starting to show it's age these days.. a mid June release would work perfect for me, timewise. :D

maybe they're trying to deplete their current inventory of fubar 2407's before a NEW batch is ordered that is a newer revision for the US market ;).

PS who is saying they got the banding fixed? link? i'd love to know.

The link is up a few posts, in my last reply. It is some Japanese consumer who received the newer firmware model and provided a personal review/screenshots.

now that it's fixed, time to roll it in big time in the US of A with a nice price point of $670 delivered ;).

JediFonger said:
now that it's fixed, time to roll it in big time in the US of A with a nice price point of $670 delivered ;).

let me know if you figure this out,

I'd really like one for that price :eek:

i was predicting about $1200 USD, although if you take the price that it's going for in Singapore and punch it in to a currency calculator, it would be $949 USD...

too bad direct conversions like that are never accurate in predicting a price...

it will probably be over a thousand bucks for sure..

JediFonger said:
course it'll be over $1,000, i was talking about w/coupons ya'll =).

Uh dude, that's the 2405 for $670 shipped and it took YEARS for it to get down that low with coupons. Dream on if you think you'll get a 2407 for the price. :rolleyes:

JediFonger said:
course it'll be over $1,000, i was talking about w/coupons ya'll =).

yeah, thats what I meant.

or a deal like the wipro guys, but since they are gone :(

coulda' sworn i saw those types of pricing the moment 2405's debuted.

aznx said:
Uh dude, that's the 2405 for $670 shipped and it took YEARS for it to get down that low with coupons. Dream on if you think you'll get a 2407 for the price. :rolleyes:

Earthworm48 said:
I'd like to hear if anyone in the UK has received one yet and if the problems exist.

I don't believe anyone in the UK has actually received there's yet.

Dell's website is still quoting 3+ weeks on the 2407 page and this has been the case since it went on the site on the 8th May.

Dell is always going up and down with their prices. That's been their strategy for selling product which is why you've see the various prices for the 2405.

I'm fairly certain that once the UK customers get their 2407's and turn out not having any problems, then we should see the 2407 on the US site either that week or the week after. (Hopefully)

I just got delivery of my 2407FPW from Dell. I can confirm that this screen is every bit as good as I was hoping. Gaming on this thing at 1920 x 1200 is a joy!

2407%202.JPG

2407%203.JPG

My advice would be to get one off eBay though, as Dell took around 2 to 3 weeks to deliver one to me.

i need to find out where to get those windows skins. i love the mac os x-like functionalities at the top. widgets or somn right?

The skin is called 'Luna'. It has a little start button with a small windows logo on it, none of that text crap. The taskbar is also thin, as is the start panel. I have looked all over for this skin originally, but finally managed to track it down :) . I used Style XP to run the skin.

As for the top bar, that is RK Launcher. RK is the best mac style shortcut bars available. You can even minise to the bar like a Mac. It is available free to download here: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rklauncher/. A lot of people bang on about other such programs, but I have tried them all and RK is most like the Mac.

When you download it, make the background opaque (so that it seemlessly integrates with your windows background) and then look around the web for large icons for your best programs. You will need large icons so that when you hover over an icon it doesn't look pixelated.

If anybody wants the Luna Skin let me know your email address and I will send it to you.

Oh, and by the way, the 2407FPW Rocks! GO AND GET ONE NOW!!!!

spawn447 said:
can you actualy see the pic's you posted without moving the screen ? thats awesome !! :p

I used photoshop to crop the image and reduced its size for the web. A lot of people just bang up a massive 5mb+ file to the web and expect it to be fine
:) .

Back