2407 release date

ChinDave said:
The skin is called 'Luna'. It has a little start button with a small windows logo on it, none of that text crap. The taskbar is also thin, as is the start panel. I have looked all over for this skin originally, but finally managed to track it down :) . I used Style XP to run the skin.

As for the top bar, that is RK Launcher. RK is the best mac style shortcut bars available. You can even minise to the bar like a Mac. It is available free to download here: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rklauncher/. A lot of people bang on about other such programs, but I have tried them all and RK is most like the Mac.

When you download it, make the background opaque (so that it seemlessly integrates with your windows background) and then look around the web for large icons for your best programs. You will need large icons so that when you hover over an icon it doesn't look pixelated.

If anybody wants the Luna Skin let me know your email address and I will send it to you.

Oh, and by the way, the 2407FPW Rocks! GO AND GET ONE NOW!!!!

does it have banding or fuzzy text? which revision is it?

aznx said:
does it have banding or fuzzy text? which revision is it?

Same question! Most important factor. I am soooo torn between monitors (this one and the NEC 20WMGX2) i need to know!

agreed. I too and wondering about this.

I also could not find it on Dell's website. either I'm blind or its not out in America yet.

skeeder said:
agreed. I too and wondering about this.

I also could not find it on Dell's website. either I'm blind or its not out in America yet.
It's not available in the US or Canada yet.

ChinDave

I take it from where your pictures are being hosted that your from the UK?

Which revision did Dell send you A00 or A01?

Revision A01, made May 2006! Hot off the production line.

I have no banding or fuzzy text. People really need to get over the minor complaints and moaning made by 'bloggers' that don't want to fork out for a brilliant monitor.

I have now had an old 20" Dell TFT, a 2005FPW a 2007FPW and now a 2407FPW. I even brought 3 of the latter to get a good price and sold the rest on eBay. I tested them all before sale and didn't have a single defect on ANY OF THEM! :)

Looks like US and Canada are getting the A01 reversion, after the problems and complains by early adopters Japaneses and Australians, they are getting A01 as well by RMA. US users of 2007 have been complaining of the banding problems, same would occur if they released the 2407 A00 rev. As for me after 2 months of waiting and RMA I finally got my perfect monitor 2407 A01 for the price of U$ 680.
2407wfp ... cheapest option available for a samsung s-pva LTM240M2 panel.

I'm looking on the Dell website but I dont see where to order it. The press release says it's now available world wide.

Hey guys,

I would like advice. Thanks in advance.

What monitor would be the best to purchase, prices aside, between the 2405fpw, 2407fpw, and Gateway FPD2185W 21" widescreen. Uses are for gaming, internet, and word processing. Let's say hypothetically that all three monitors had equal backlight and zero dead pixels.

Thanks.

Has anyone actually tried to call Dell USA to order the 2407 over the phone instead of online?

what were the codes that you could use with the 2007WFP when it came out. Not sure if they were posted here or on widescreengamingforum.com

I was a little impatient and wanted to be one of the first in with an order, Small Business was the only one up at the time. What exactly is the difference? =x Am I setting myself up to be screwed? Will they not ship it? Later complications if I have to return it? What are the differences of the Home & Home Office and Small Business areas?

I found the ones that were used on the 2007WFP a while back. Doubt they're still good though....

$20 off $150 Electronics & Accessories at Dell
Save $20 off your purchase of $150 or more in the Electronics & Accessories site with this Dell coupon

Dell Coupon Code: QGM7T0C1C2TVVD
Dell Coupon Expiration: 04/30/2006

Save $60 on electronics and accessories at Dell
Save $60 off electronics and accessories orders of $500 or more (before tax, fees, shipping, and handling) with this Dell coupon

Dell Coupon Code: $XX9BNPKP49TM0
Dell Coupon Expiration: 04/19/2006

Ok now that monitor is here , whos going to be first one to get it. I would stand up and get one first :) but being a coward I will go to back of line and let someone else be first :cool: any takers hmmmmmmmm

Ok now that monitor is here , whos going to be first one to get it.
Reading comprehension is win sir ;P

In the same post that I announced it was on the site I said I had already placed an order for it.

I'll let you guys know when I get it. I opted for 2nd day shipping, and it says "Expected to ship in 5-7 days". So probably in ~1 week i'll have it.

OMG! ITS HERE!

I honestly don't think I could get to much more excited (unless Intel launched there stuff...like...RIGHT NOW)

Has anoyone noticed that on dells own site and in a magazine they released today they both say the 2407 has a max resloution of 1680x1050 :mad: .

i'm interested in this as HDTV. i read somewhere that it can only accept 720p via DVI-HDCP and not the full 1080p. or somn like that. anyone confirm this?

The model on the small business page looks to be worth the extra $50 if the stats on there are actually correct - can anyone confirm/deny differences between the two?

The one I quoted from small business is the one with 5-Year Warranty, the one Da_Bomb quoted from home & home office was tte 3-Year Warranty. All pricing for Small Bus. and Home are identical. You just need to decide if you want 3, 4, or 5 year warranty.

For me, the extra 2 years to swap for a refurbished if i get dead pixels etc. is worth the 50 bucks.

Well the Small Business page lists the 2407 as:

1920x1200, 500cd/m2 brightness, 1000:1 contrast

While Dell Home lists it as:

1680x1050, 300cd/m2 brightness, 600:1 contrast.

So which is correct?

The 5 year warranty is defintely worth the extra $50, but what's with the difference in stats?

Edit - I see the Home is 2407FPW while the Small Business is 2407WFP - I thought I heard something about those being typos, but can anyone explain to me? I'm somewhat of a Dell noob.

just waiting for a confirmation that someone in the US purchased a 2407 and

a. its Rev. A01
b. no banding
c. no blurriness

and i am SPENDING ALL MY MONEY, FINALLY.

talk about waiting for so long. It's been about a year deciding and reading reviews on all these LCDs and 'patiently' waiting for the right multi-purpose one.

I was about to get the NEXC 20WMGX2 but I really wanted the extra 4" (already have a 21" CRT...20" LCD would just seem like not much of a difference, really)

But now...

to get a 5 year warranty for an additional 50.00 and pick up that ergotron arm and have it all for 11 hundy?

SIGN ME UP. I guess I could wait for some coupons, but who wants to wait even more!?!? :D

So which is correct?
Do a search, specifically on http://www.widescreengamingforums.com -- and you'll that every 2407WFP that has been released to-date (Japan, Australia, etc.) has been as we expected, 1920x1200 etc. It's definitely a misprint on Dell's part that it's a lower res etc. Looks like someone got lazy and copied the 2007WFP's page.

So, any news on a coupon? heheh....im hopin to get the price down below 900 if possible.

Dell.com Order Status said:
Package shipped on: 6/2/2006 Stage: In Transit

Dell originally posted on my order status that the estimated ship date would be June 16th, they also say on their product page "Usually ships 5-7 days". Looks like that's all BS because it appears it's been handed off to Fedex TODAY!

Woot woot! COME ON BABY!

Back