2407 release date

According to UPS, mine should be delivered tomorrow. :D Better be an A01 or later or it's going back. :)

ugh... im bumbed out... ordered on 6/6/6... Estimated Delivery Date is:6/23/06... sooo long! :( better be an A02!!!!!!

NEODARK said:
You paid overnight S/H for like $60usd?

I got mine in 2 days with free shipping ;)

I didn't pay anything for the shipping :D I got it as a long term loaner...

well mine shipped today, no tracking # yet though, should be here tomorrow :D

The 2407 will magically clean off your desk!!!!!
before.jpg

after.jpg

I was laughing hysterically after seeing how humongous this thing is on my desk. Although I'm a little disturbed to think I actually almost paid an extra $900 for the 3007. That's just lunacy. However my laughing stopped when I noticed I had an A00 :(

Oh well, Dell will take care of it.

center.jpg

As you can see from the pictures, my center Z5500 speaker is less than an inch too tall to fit completely under the monitor if I have the display perpendicular to the desk. Still close enough to free up a lot of desk space compared to my textbook stand from before hehe.

More pics to come later hopefully. FYI, I ordered my monitor on Monday and it shipped from Tennessee. So heads up for the rest that you may have A00's on the way

Very nice pics.

Also, thanks for letting us know when you ordered and what revision you got!

Question, what is banding? And what was the problem with this? I think i might be getting the 2407.

I got an A01 ordered and shipped on the 5th, from TN as well.. ;)

so its definitelly random

I ordered mine yesterday, just in time to get the $711 deal. I hope it's A02 otherwise it's going back.

I'm suprised to hear about ghosting, people here say it does well: TFT Central

How are the viewing angles??

btw nice how those speakers match the styling of the monitor...might have to get me some of those.

All you wondering about the revisions, i read on the Dell boards that anything ordered AFTER 6-9 will be revision A02's

thenixhex311 said:
All you wondering about the revisions, i read on the Dell boards that anything ordered AFTER 6-9 will be revision A02's

Sure but the 25% off deal ended yesterday.

noobtech said:
There will be another one... but when!? :)

Probably not till about a week before the end of their financial quarter, this could be total bs but I read that somewhere once :D

dakine99 said:
I ordered mine yesterday, just in time to get the $711 deal. I hope it's A02 otherwise it's going back.

I'm suprised to hear about ghosting, people here say it does well: TFT Central

How are the viewing angles??

btw nice how those speakers match the styling of the monitor...might have to get me some of those.

Well I'm happy to report that the ghosting isn't really and issue after all. Apparently the thing did need a little bit of time to "warm up." The blurriness I referred to originally appears to just be the coating they use on the glass... not the panel itself... Kind of a shame they did that though. Oh well, I'll get used to it.

So there you have it, no real problems, I'm quite satisfied.

I hooked up my 360 for a few minutes, and wasn't terribly impressed. I'm going to fiddle a bit and report back. I'll probably post pics tomorrow.

kommissar said:
I hooked up my 360 for a few minutes, and wasn't terribly impressed. I'm going to fiddle a bit and report back. I'll probably post pics tomorrow.

That seems to support other reports that the component input of A00 isn't so hot. I hope this is fixed in the next revisions but I really doubt it.

if the "after 9th it'll be A02" then i guess i'll be getting an A02 since my order hasnt reached pre-production yet.

It's here... and it's huge.

Got to go to work now. Pics when I get home tonight.

DAMMIT! my 2407 is sitting in the local UPS shop. (got there too late to make the morning delivery truck) id go pick it up but im stuck at work! curses! Hopefully ill be able to call in tomorow and go pick it up myself. If not, its all good. I got the free 5-7 day shipping and it took less then one day to get this far.

thenixhex311 said:
if you could post your reviews, photos, and revision number there!

thanks!

Unfortunately I'm stuck at work waiting on a SAP issue to be resloved, so no pics tonight. At least the overtime will help pay for the 2407. :p

my first LCD. upgraded from a Sony G520 21" CRT.

ordered on tuesday, delivered friday. i pixel issue and some backlight bleed, but that's to be expected with LCD, right? LCD viewable area is ~4inches wider and 1 inch taller than the CRT. :cool:

it's revision A00, but it seems okay to me. maybe i'm not looking correctly for the banding and blurry text. even though i don't see anything wrong i'm still going to send it back for the new revision. if they say there's an issue and they are willing to replace for free, i'd be stupid not to take advantage.

crt/lcd comparison
0721crt2407cropped.jpg

lcd standing in front of the crt
02dellinfrontcopy.jpg

minor backlight bleed
05backlightcopy.jpg

04backlightcopy.jpg

widescreen goodness
08newcopy.jpg

my menu has no contrast control. the manual on the cd shows brightness and contrast together, but i can't find it. i wonder if that's the menu for another revision or something. weird.

Contrast/Brightness cannot be modified on the display's menus when you are using a DVI connection. You must modify brightness/contrast from your video card settings if you use DVI.

Using VGA, you can modify contrast/brightness.

Hey luminous, since you have that crt and lcd sitting right there, how about running stopwatch pro (get it here) and measure the input lag on that thing?!

I'm sure lot's of people, including me :D, would really like to know the results.

dakine99 said:
Hey luminous, since you have that crt and lcd sitting right there, how about running stopwatch pro (get it here) and measure the input lag on that thing?!

I'm sure lot's of people, including me :D, would really like to know the results.

i would but the crt is gone already. sorry. ;)

B737Capt said:
Does the 2407 come with a DVI cable or do I need to buy one?

dvi and usb come with it. the card reader is cool too, printer and ipod now hooked up through monitor. :cool:

I wouldn't say "incredibly", but it does put out a ton of heat for a LCD. I was surprised by how much.

It came it came! :D The ups doorbell woke me up at 9 and i was like WTF WHO IS IT AT THIS HOUR :mad: then i looked outside and saw the ups truck and ran downstairs and :D. Its huge. Ill take some pics when i get home from work.

mine came today too....a day early as well.

too bad i wasnt expecting it and the one time I step out to run an errand ups comes and leaves that damn note on my door. ah, theres always tomorrow. :(

Back