3000 venice core 939 $117 free shipping

Hi guys,
i'm italian...

Yes u'r read right!
I'm here cause i was looking for the best price on internet of AMD64 3000+Venice and i find your forum...

I'm really intrested about e-wiz site and its faboulous prices, but....

I want ti ask to u all one think...do u think that it could be a good shopping to make me send some pc components from USA to Italy?? I'm a bit afraid...

What do u think?

my question = stupid noob question

but could someone explain the difference between venice and san diego cores?

Well guys I managed so far to overclock it to 2.43ghz on a crappy Venus 7 heatsink from Thermaltake, I have a feeling it can go higher just afraid to push this heatsink very far. This saturday my radiator should come in and I can watercool it.

Giod6 said:
Hi guys,
i'm italian...

Yes u'r read right!
I'm here cause i was looking for the best price on internet of AMD64 3000+Venice and i find your forum...

I'm really intrested about e-wiz site and its faboulous prices, but....

I want ti ask to u all one think...do u think that it could be a good shopping to make me send some pc components from USA to Italy?? I'm a bit afraid...

What do u think?

It depends on the pricing there, customs and shipping time make overseas purchases are expensive for anyone and I doubt it would be worthwhile. And I think you'd get stuck adding on your VAT tax as well, I'm no import/export expert though!

marcuri said:
my question = stupid noob question

but could someone explain the difference between venice and san diego cores?

san diego has twice the L2 cache (about 1MB instead of Venice's 512kB).

Talz said:
It depends on the pricing there, customs and shipping time make overseas purchases are expensive for anyone and I doubt it would be worthwhile. And I think you'd get stuck adding on your VAT tax as well, I'm no import/export expert though!

Yes maybe u'r right about VAT tax, otherwise I would make a best shopping cause even adding overseas shipment US prices are lesser then Itailan

I picked up one of these venice chips from E-Wiz a few weeks ago and I'm typing on it now. It booted into Windows at 9x300 w/stock voltage after I first installed it, but I've had no luck getting it up that high since. I think it must have something to do with my memory settings...

It also runs a few degrees warmer than my winnie did. Idles @ 30-31C compared to 26-28C. Even after the AS5 sets I doubt I'll be getting the same temps.Load temps are also 3-5C warmer.

ok i got mine installed, and played around with it some... haven't had time to push it, right now its running at 9X280=2520, rock solid.

Chris

I just got mine in today... YBBLE 0523DPEW. Unfortunately, I don't (and won't for a week or so) have a computer to put it in, so I have no idea how this'll OC... yet.

grenadier said:
It also runs a few degrees warmer than my winnie did. Idles @ 30-31C compared to 26-28C. Even after the AS5 sets I doubt I'll be getting the same temps.Load temps are also 3-5C warmer.

hmm yeah thats exactly what im running right now. hmm i want to push it further

what is both of your fsb(htt) / mem ratio set to? i have mine running 280x9 with 2:3 , mem @ 181mhz

Had mine for a few days already..
LBBLE from ewiz, forgot the rest of the numbers on the core.
Runs 2700mhz with 1.5v, tried [email protected], but not prime95 stable, didn't want to push the voltage any further.

Currently running in one of these two stable configurations (haven't decided on which one I want to keep yet):
9x300htt=2700mhz, 133ram divider, ram 200mhz 2-3-3-10 1T

9x290htt=2610mhz, 200 (1:1) ram divier, ram 290mhz 3-4-4-10 1T (overall better system performance)

The ram dividers are giving me hell - as you can see the ram easily does up to 290mhz, but with the 166 and 133 dividers, it has a hard time going over 220mhz (it's like an invisible wall). I think it's most likely the cpu memory controller, or possibly my epox 9nda3j motherboard holding me back.

hmm yeah having the same prob with my ram

when im using a divider my ram (pc-3700) cant even go past 180mhz. its wierd even thought its rated 466, but it can go further if the ram was 1:1

I think I'll shoot for one of these. I'm aiming for 2.7ghz prime 95 stable. So we'll see how that goes...

back to $115 shipped

kind of a toss up between the $115 venice core 3000

and the
$144 venice core 3200 over at monarch

but either would be a excellent buy-- :cool:

Going to buy some of these for customer's computers...Anyone know of a good cheap (under $10) heatsink

JSF35rhino said:
back to $115 shipped

kind of a toss up between the $115 venice core 3000

and the
$144 venice core 3200 over at monarch

but either would be a excellent buy-- :cool:

:eek: I dont' see

:( :( I think both 3000+ and 3200+ are dead now, looks like they are back to the regular price :(

Kogan said:
Had mine for a few days already..
LBBLE from ewiz, forgot the rest of the numbers on the core.
Runs 2700mhz with 1.5v, tried [email protected], but not prime95 stable, didn't want to push the voltage any further.

Currently running in one of these two stable configurations (haven't decided on which one I want to keep yet):
9x300htt=2700mhz, 133ram divider, ram 200mhz 2-3-3-10 1T

9x290htt=2610mhz, 200 (1:1) ram divier, ram 290mhz 3-4-4-10 1T (overall better system performance)

The ram dividers are giving me hell - as you can see the ram easily does up to 290mhz, but with the 166 and 133 dividers, it has a hard time going over 220mhz (it's like an invisible wall). I think it's most likely the cpu memory controller, or possibly my epox 9nda3j motherboard holding me back.

I got mine from ewiz a couple days ago as well. Does 2.7ghz stable @ 1.65v, but is very sensitive to memory configuration as well. My UTT which runs perfect in my other A64 rig at DDR500 with 2-2-2-5 timings @ 3.2v (memtest error free) will not go over 235mhz with this cpu at the same timings and voltage. Does not like the 166mhz divider, but the 150mhz divider on my DFI Ultra-D is fine. Cpu also runs sort of warm on my watercooling with 25C idle, but 39-40C load. My previous three A64's on the same watercooling would never top 35C and the difference between idle and load was generally only 5-7C compared to 14-15C with this venice. Still, not bad at all for the money.

That sounds like a problem with the contact between waterblock and proc. Might wanna reseat/reapply AS.

This deal is awesome, and as soon as I talk my way into enough money to buy my comp I'm getting one. :D And it's been going on for a long time!

Russ said:
That sounds like a problem with the contact between waterblock and proc. Might wanna reseat/reapply AS.

This deal is awesome, and as soon as I talk my way into enough money to buy my comp I'm getting one. :D And it's been going on for a long time!
Yeah, that is what I was thinking. I've remounted several times now and have never in about 50 mounts had any temp variances like this. I am thinking of picking up a second 3000+ since they are priced so well and selling the lesser overclocker of the two, or maybe remove the IHS on this and see if there is a bad contact internally.

Couldn't resist...so much faster shipping than before. I put my order in at 3pm, had a tracking # at 9pm EST. :)

Ordered mine last night from Ewiz for $119 w/free shipping.

Back