32" LG 32LF11 S-IPS 1080P $399 + S/H ($360 + S/H with 10% Bing Cashback) @ Newegg

I did a technology rotation, got this 32" LG and giving my 42" Sony to my parents. They were still using a Wega CRT so it will be a nice step up for them.

I got it last night and just checked the panel maker using the method from AVS forum posted earlier in this thread. It says it's LGD which I think means that it is yes, a S-IPS panel. :D

Colors are fantastic, and much more consistent at other viewing angles instead of 'dead on center' compared to the Sony, which was a LCD Projection TV. Played the very colorful Eternal Sonata on Xbox 360 on it, was really pretty on the display at 1080p.

My biggest gripe right now though...it gives me one component input to share between a PS2, Xbox 360, and Wii. The PS3 uses HDMI at least.

I did a technology rotation, got this 32" LG and giving my 42" Sony to my parents. They were still using a Wega CRT so it will be a nice step up for them.

I got it last night and just checked the panel maker using the method from AVS forum posted earlier in this thread. It says it's LGD which I think means that it is yes, a S-IPS panel. :D

Colors are fantastic, and much more consistent at other viewing angles instead of 'dead on center' compared to the Sony, which was a LCD Projection TV. Played the very colorful Eternal Sonata on Xbox 360 on it, was really pretty on the display at 1080p.

My biggest gripe right now though...it gives me one component input to share between a PS2, Xbox 360, and Wii. The PS3 uses HDMI at least.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10112&cs_id=1011201&p_id=3027&seq=1&format=2

Problem solved, if you wanted to go with a switcher :)

Well not sure what to say. Text/browsing/windows looks nice after I set it up. Input lag no idea, seems fine for me. MW2 looks nice /w 4xAA, NFS Shift looks nice /w 8xAA, The Saboteur looks nasty, Cryostasis looks nice, NWN looks ok. Blacks are pretty good, viewing angles excellent.

S-IPS confirmed (Maker = 'LGD') using the following method:

- turn on set
- press and hold <Enter> on remote control
- then, while holding remote button per above, press and hold <Enter> on side of set at same time
- count to 5 (or a little more) and a menu comes up
- release both <Enter> buttons
- key in 0, 0, 0, 0 (all zero's) using the remote
- press <Enter> to select first menu item (will be default unless you hit arrow keys)
- the Maker entry tells you what you have.

press <Exit> on remote when done

Back