5800 series overclocking results.

You are confused. :confused:

Get some rest and don't expect any screen shots.
Confused by what? That you are not the person that made all those posts about 2x5770 vs 5850?

Here's one thread you started just before you got banned:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1462337

Anyway, you're a pussy. If not then post some screenies. I'm sure other forum members would like to see this too. Otherwise, you're just a 3dmark Vantage tool. Oscar Meyer in your face!!!

Confused by what?

If you read through my post you will see that I never really came to a solid decision on which was better.

I'm happy with my Xfire HD5770s. Drivers are getting better. I got both of my HD770s for under $300. The performance is great.

The HD5850 was awesome. I had a great time with it.

If you read through my post you will see that I never really came to a solid decision on which was better.

I'm happy with my Xfire HD5770s. Drivers are getting better. I got both of my HD770s for under $300. The performance is great.

The HD5850 was awesome. I had a great time with it.
Selling your 5850 and buying 2 5770's is not a solid decison? What a douche....

I got my dual liquid-cooled 5970 system in, finally.

Using the ATI auto-tuning utility and a voltage bump to the 1.1625 'standard' core overvoltage (no memory over-volting), I am running:

Core: 945
Memory: 1280

Temps at load (furmark) are 48 C max, with all four GPUs at 99% load.

Using Koolance video coolers and 5x120mm radiators (CPU and chipset also cooled.)

Haven't updated my sig, sorry.

I'll probably play with these results some more to see how much I can push it.

I ended up getting some strange behavior with my memory at 1280; I had to drop it down to 1075 to avoid some crashes, graphical artifacts, and occasional hitching in applications.

If there was a good memory over-volting tool I could increase it, but at stock volts I appear to be limited to 1075.

My core is 950 @ 1.1625V now, stable after extensive testing.

Max temps are 51C during furmark.

Just installed my new Sapphire 5850 last night and noticed some pretty odd behavior when using the CCC OC utility. As in my 2nd display would have all kinds of aberrations & flashing while overclocked. Is this just a driver issue or is this going to be a problem down the road? I guess I could just OC the card while gaming & turn off my 2nd monitor then go back to stock for 2D desktop. But for the amount of money I shelled out on the card, this should never be an issue. Never had this happen on any other card (upgraded from a 8800GTS 512).

At stock voltage and without turning the fan into a leaf blower, what should I realistically expect for an OC? Guess I should do some browsing in this thread :)

I got a new 5850 from Diamond right before Christmas.

Max OC without overvolting it capped out at 850 for the Core and 1200 for the memory.

I recently overvolted my card to 1149mV which allowed me to take the core up to 900; memory wants to stay at 1200.

I've never overvolted a videocard before. I know the 5850 runs stock at 1087mV. Is the additional .67mV I added to my card that 'bad' for it to be run 24/7? I know overvolting anything reduces the longevity of parts, but I'm looking to understand how close to the voltage threshold I am. I'm probably not close at all, but there's nothing wrong with a little affirmation every now and then.

Thanks.

Max OC without overvolting it capped out at 850 for the Core and 1200 for the memory.

I recently overvolted my card to 1149mV which allowed me to take the core up to 900; memory wants to stay at 1200.

I've never overvolted a videocard before. I know the 5850 runs stock at 1087mV. Is the additional .67mV I added to my card that 'bad' for it to be run 24/7? I know overvolting anything reduces the longevity of parts, but I'm looking to understand how close to the voltage threshold I am. I'm probably not close at all, but there's nothing wrong with a little affirmation every now and then.

Thanks.

As long as the temps are under control I see no issue, should be safe for 24/7.

Is the additional .67mV I added to my card that 'bad' for it to be run 24/7? I know overvolting anything reduces the longevity of parts, but I'm looking to understand how close to the voltage threshold I am. I'm probably not close at all, but there's nothing wrong with a little affirmation every now and then.

Thanks.

You should be fine, that is a fairly small bump.

Thanks.

Running my buddies 5850 900/1200 @ 1.12V and its completely stable and been that way for months. I used Afterburner and built him a fan profile that keeps his max temps under 80C whenever he is gaming and the fan runs at 10% when at desktop so its quiet.

Back