tailhook said:
Pny 6800 Stock cooling
16/6
Ambient 32c
Core 48c Idle
Core O/C 364.4
Mem O/C 789.8
Core temp under load mid 50's C
jesus, how do you guys keep your cards so cold?

The case helps a lot I have Antec SX1045BII which offers good cooling. The way the fans are set up in this case I installed 1 of the front case fans which brings in the air( intake ) across the video card the 2 other case fans the case came with in the rear of the case along with the power supply exhaust it out very well I'm happy with this setup I had this same setup in another case and all the temps were 12c across the board higher.. Plus the cpu cooler helped a little the Zalman 7000c blowing air around the motherboard..
Good Luck
J

tailhook said:
The case helps a lot I have Antec SX1045BII which offers good cooling. The way the fans are set up in this case I installed 1 of the front case fans which brings in the air( intake ) across the video card the 2 other case fans the case came with in the rear of the case along with the power supply exhaust it out very well I'm happy with this setup I had this same setup in another case and all the temps were 12c across the board higher.. Plus the cpu cooler helped a little the Zalman 7000c blowing air around the motherboard..
Good Luck
J
i dont have a case, imrunning all the parts on my desk with a fan blowing on em. not exatcly safe but the best airflow around.

Jonboi89 said:
i dont have a case, imrunning all the parts on my desk with a fan blowing on em. not exatcly safe but the best airflow around.

Not exactly best airflow around.....but nice ambient temps on your cards and hard drives for sure......

I've had caseless setups....but right now I've pretty much got an open case......everything's assembled, but right now my side panel is off, and I'm getting an "open" mesh installed in a hole in the side that leaves about 1.25" on each side of actuall panel left. ;)

With room temps a bit higher right now with heat turned up during winter I still have a case temps of 24C, and my Maxtor in front of the two intakes in my case runs at a nice 21C....can't complain. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Not exactly best airflow around.....but nice ambient temps on your cards and hard drives for sure......

I've had caseless setups....but right now I've pretty much got an open case......everything's assembled, but right now my side panel is off, and I'm getting an "open" mesh installed in a hole in the side that leaves about 1.25" on each side of actuall panel left. ;)

With room temps a bit higher right now with heat turned up during winter I still have a case temps of 24C, and my Maxtor in front of the two intakes in my case runs at a nice 21C....can't complain. ;)
*cough* watercooling *cough*

Warrior said:
*cough* watercooling *cough*

True, but low room temps do help.....and even before I had my watercooling I was sitting with mid 20's for case temps.....the h2O actually didnt effect it a whole lot....cus my case/airflow was already in good enough shape ahead of time.

BFG 6800OC, NV silencer.
Room temp: 24C (76F) Damn this hot NC weather!!! 80F in January, WTF???
Idle: 48C
Load: 55C

Forget about what I said before, I disbaled the pipes after all the artifacting in Farcry & even 3DMark 03 :mad:
Trying manual OCing with Rivatuner testing disabled, cause it wouldnt say evrything at stock was stable :(

ikellensbro said:
Forget about what I said before, I disbaled the pipes after all the artifacting in Farcry & even 3DMark 03 :mad:
Trying manual OCing with Rivatuner testing disabled, cause it wouldnt say evrything at stock was stable :(

Wow.....fun. :rolleyes: :p

BFG 6800 Ultra OC @436/1.16
Idle core: 48 C
Load core: ~67 C

Great Card, I could probably OC it further if I wanted to.

DaRkF0g said:
BFG 6800 Ultra OC @436/1.16
Idle core: 48 C
Load core: ~67 C

Great Card, I could probably OC it further if I wanted to.

So you're saying you dont want to?

Strange.....temps are quite nice at this point, I'd be curious to see what it can do......checked out my BIOS mod thread for an added little boost?

I just picked up an eVGA 6800nu and unlocked the pipes and oced to 400/8000.

My 3dMark03 score was less than 6000 :mad:

MrFace said:
I just picked up an eVGA 6800nu and unlocked the pipes and oced to 400/8000.

My 3dMark03 score was less than 6000 :mad:

Could be any number of things messing with your score.......but I highly doubt your cards ram is running at 8GHz. :p

;)

Its probably your cpu, even though you' have your 2400+ @ 2.4, while my A64 3000+ is @ 2.0. Could also be your ram, spyware/viruses, etc. It could be a lot of things, since my BFG 6800OC @ 412/836 & only 12/6 since enabling the 4 extra pixel shaders gives me serious artifacting :mad: gives me 10,873

Pny 6800nu 12x6
46 C idle
took the cover off and is cooled by a vantec tornado

evga e-geforce 6800 ultra
cst d: 115c - gpu ct 63c - at: 49c, are these the numbers you ask?

JVC said:
evga e-geforce 6800 ultra
cst d: 115c - gpu ct 63c - at: 49c, are these the numbers you ask?

cst d: 155c.....

Wtf is that... and why so hot?! :eek: :confused:

Pugger said:
cst d: 155c.....

Wtf is that... and why so hot?! :eek: :confused:

I understand that ct is core temperature and at is ambient temperature....but what the hell does cst d stand for? :confused:

Pugger said:
*phew* at least the n00bie (me) dont look stupid :p ;)

Well, I'm guessing that the c still stands for core and the t still stands for temperature....but I've never heard the term used before, so I'm thinking that it might even be something he's thrown togethor himself.....so dont feel bad. ;)

BFG 6800 OC 12x6 w/stock cooling

41 C idle 49 load 15 C ambient.....wait till I turn my heat off completely. Winter rocks.

TheLonelySwedish said:
BFG 6800 OC 12x6 w/stock cooling

41 C idle 49 load 15 C ambient.....wait till I turn my heat off completely. Winter rocks.

You think THAT's good.......I put my h2O cooled system next to the front door with the screen up and a house fan blowing on teh comp.....with the XT-PE's voltage raised from 1.4v to 1.825v and the core running at 700MHz I was still getting an idle temp of 16C on the core......and 8C ambient temps on the card. :D

XFX 6800GT 256MB
Idle: 50°C Load: 60°C
Stock cooler, but I've got a PCI slot fan two slots down.

Sp4nk said:
XFX 6800GT 256MB
Idle: 50°C Load: 60°C
Stock cooler, but I've got a PCI slot fan two slots down.

Same thing I did with mine, but with my stock GT cooler I cut off a section of that graphic over the heatsink itself so that the HSF on the card worked as normal, but the CPU heatsink was exposed to recieve even more direct airflow from the fancard.

cornelious0_0 said:
Same thing I did with mine, but with my stock GT cooler I cut off a section of that graphic over the heatsink itself so that the HSF on the card worked as normal, but the CPU heatsink was exposed to recieve even more direct airflow from the fancard.

those slot coolers worked?! :eek:

ScHpAnKy said:
those slot coolers worked?! :eek:

Are you kidding? Even now I've got a Vantec fancard under my XT-PE....it drops the ambient temp on my card by about 8C and really helps with my memory overclock, even on low speed......when it's nearly inaudible.

6800Ultra running 440/1.1 at temperatures:

48C Idle
66C RTHDRIBL
64C After a few hours of CS:S

BloodRayne said:
6800Ultra running 440/1.1 at temperatures:

48C Idle
66C RTHDRIBL
64C After a few hours of CS:S

Ah ha.....rthdribl tiumphs again!!! :D

And.....someone else actually spells it right. :p

eVGA 6800GT @ 400/1100 w/NV Silencer 5

75C in rthdribl (I have a pile of AS5 on the core and I have reinstalled it 3 times)

47-50C idle

I don't know what my load temp was with the stock cooler, but needless to say it wouldn't run over 380mhz without crashing and needing a core recovery from the heat :eek: Now it runs 410-415mhz easily for hours and the rest of my case is cooler from the hot air being exhausted instead of circulated in the case.

For a $25 x-mas present I'd say I'm satisfied with the nv silencer 5, even if it is a bitch to try and get good contact with your core. I'd reccomend sanding down the parts of the heatsink that contact the memory as they are too thick.

rocky928 said:
75C in rthdribl (I have a pile of AS5 on the core and I have reinstalled it 3 times)

47-50C idle

Your idle temps are fairly decent.....what kind of room temp are you working with?

Pretty much 66-74F I guess, depending on season. Right now My case temp is reporting 28C, 6800GT ambient reporting 33C, idling 52C.

Like I said all that really matters is that it greatly increased my OCing ability I guess :d

Here's the card + silencer sitting in front of an 80mm low speed intake fan: (everything is nice and dusty in this pic, since cleaned) http://zenblue.net/nv5silencer.jpg

And an earlier pic of the case: http://media.zenblue.net/elite/side_closed_lights_on.jpg

Back