6800Ultra and Heat!!!

obs said:
Yea, me saying that the 5950 and PS2.0 and the X800 and PS3.0 being in similar situations is being way too serious and just cluttering [H] up with shit. Oh, and being a groupie too. Any other personal comments you want to make or are you going to actually argue my post?

I am not going to argue with you, I know what you are all about. I had actually forgotten that you had fell for the ol' ps2.0vsps3.0 trick, so I didn't mean that as a stab personally to you when I said it was funny when all of the nvidiots when crazy thinking there was going to be a visual difference. But don't worry fanatics do equally funny shit, too.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=754898

I just find it funny that you were getting mad because you couldn't find any big differences between SM3 and SM2. I bet you are about to cry by now. LOL.

tranCendenZ said:
As I stated in another thread, there is no need to be condescending.

Believe me, it's not on purpose, do you believe in natural selection?

What do you get if people buy a lot of Nvidia cards? Just curious.

creedAMD said:
I am not going to argue with you, I know what you are all about. I had actually forgotten that you had fell for the ol' ps2.0vsps3.0 trick, so I didn't mean that as a stab personally to you when I said it was funny when all of the nvidiots when crazy thinking there was going to be a visual difference. But don't worry fanatics do equally funny shit, too.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=754898

I just find it funny that you were getting mad because you couldn't find any big differences between SM3 and SM2. I bet you are about to cry by now. LOL.
*hurry change topic*

My point is this. The X800 is in the same boat with PS3.0 as the 5800/5900 was with PS2.0. They both were not used much upon release, and ATI will eventually adapt PS3.0 just like NVIDIA did with PS2.0. The part that makes me laugh is the people who come out saying ATI doesn't need PS3.0 yet, and that the R500 will be out by the time it is. Yet those same people were claiming PS2.0 was the greatest ever and how NVIDIA is going to get owned because they can't do it well even though virtually no games existed using it at the time (just like PS3.0).

I'm sure PS3.0 won't have a huge effect for a while. I'm not even much of a fan of farcry other than its aesthetics. This fanboy hypocrisy just gets annoying.

It's like the blind leading the blind. We are getting nowhere in this covnersation. Who gives a shitfuck if one card has a feature another doesn't. As long as the particular card does what you want, then fuck it. :rolleyes:

My point is this. The X800 is in the same boat with PS3.0 as the 5800/5900 was with PS2.0.

At this time that statement is not true. The x800 isn't selling itself as a PS3.0 card. Then failing miserably at it.

The part that makes me laugh is the people who come out saying ATI doesn't need PS3.0 yet
Ati says that they don't need PS3.0 yet, they say that any visual effects given from PS3.0 will be too much of a perfomance hit to warrant.

and that the R300 will be out by the time it is

It is out. :confused:

Yet those same people were claiming PS2.0 was the greatest ever and how NVIDIA is going to get owned because they can't do it well even though virtually no games existed using it at the time (just like PS3.0).

The jump to PS2.0 was a big one. As will be PS3.0 to PS4.0. The PS2.0 to 3.0 is being seen as just being a marketing feature right now until something else tells us different.

I'm sure PS3.0 won't have a huge effect for a while. I'm not even much of a fan of farcry other than its aesthetics. This fanboy hypocrisy just gets annoying.

Don't let video card discussion get the best of you. It's a hobby, it should be fun.

merlin704 said:
It's like the blind leading the blind. We are getting nowhere in this covnersation. Who gives a shitfuck if one card has a feature another doesn't. As long as the particular card does what you want, then fuck it. :rolleyes:

Exactly! I think the problem is that people like me are wondering which is going to be the better in the long run, and it just can't be decided yet. Not enough data.

creedAMD said:
At this time that statement is not true. The x800 is selling itself as a PS3.0 card. Then failing miserably at it.
Where is ATI saying its a PS3.0 card..?

creedAMD said:
Ati says that they don't need PS3.0 yet, they say that any visual effects given from PS3.0 will be too much of a perfomance hit to warrant.
Of course they say that. You think they are going to come out and say "yea, we shoulda put in PS3.0 support but didn't have time." I believe as much from ATI as I do from NVIDIA or any other company talking about their own products or their competitor's products.

creedAMD said:
It is out. :confused:
Meant R500.

creedAMD said:
The jump to PS2.0 was a big one. As will be PS3.0 to PS4.0. The PS2.0 to 3.0 is being seen as just being a marketing feature right now until something else tells us different.
People have shown you some of the effects being done with PS3.0. Does is mean ATI won't be able to do the same? Who knows but there's enough there to not just throw out the technology as marketing gimmick.

creedAMD said:
Don't let video card discussion get the best of you. It's a hobby, it should be fun.
Yea, I take this really serious. That can be seen from my high post count (well title now).

Where is ATI saying its a PS3.0 card..?

Meant isn't.

Of course they say that. You think they are going to come out and say "yea, we shoulda put in PS3.0 support but didn't have time." I believe as much from ATI as I do from NVIDIA or any other company talking about their own products or their competitor's products.

Why else wouldn't Ati put SM3 in their card? Do you really believe that with the lead that Ati has kept over the last 2 years that they could not produce what ever card they wanted? You do know that the r420 falls just short of SM3 specs, right? Yet it seems that they took the smarter way out since they look to be beating nvidia on prices. Cheapest x800xt I've seen is $435. What's the cheapest that you've seen for the 6800u?

Meant R500.
correction noted, but still different. PS3.0 is not the same leap as PS2.0 was, at all.

People have shown you some of the effects being done with PS3.0. Does is mean ATI won't be able to do the same? Who knows but there's enough there to not just throw out the technology as marketing gimmick.

People have shown me effects that were able to be done on a 9700pro. It's just now being implemented because nvidia can do it, and hopefully not crawl while doing so.

Yea, I take this really serious. That can be seen from my high post count (well title now).

I was talking about letting people annoy you, you have to know what is bullshit, and what isn't, some people will do anything to justify their decisions. Some people know no better and some people do but are getting paid to go against their own knowledge to spew shit across forums. Ignore those, listen to the ones in the middle, you will save yourself a lot of frustration.

Back