A-Data 4GB (2x2GB) 800MHz DDR2 $69 Shipped

Sold out now at Frys.

On a side note, when I ordered it I paid for 2 day shipping on the 5th. Still not here, but is supposed to arrive today. Frys refunded my shipping cost, almost $10. DHL really sucks, second problem in a month with them.

If I can recall correctly, these A-DATAs have been sold out for quite some time, already since at least the beginning of last week. However, I made a call a day or two ago, these are still available in-store but for $74.99, No Rebate of course, but $5 more doesn't hurt it too much, it cost just as much shipping anyway.

Still not a bad deal, however the tax can be a bit steep. But with DDR2 ram on the rise........

Just received mine, and I have a question, any benefit or problem with increasing voltage to 1.9v or higher? I have this and another Gskill 4gb kit with almost the same specs in my system, not ocing, but would like a bit of oompph

They still had stock up till Friday of last week. I ordered 2 and I just got mine today.
Thanks for the good deal.

Still not a bad deal, however the tax can be a bit steep. But with DDR2 ram on the rise........

Just received mine, and I have a question, any benefit or problem with increasing voltage to 1.9v or higher? I have this and another Gskill 4gb kit with almost the same specs in my system, not ocing, but would like a bit of oompph

I've got mine at 1.95v and it seems fine. Running at 1000MHz at stock 5-5-5-18 timings. I'm really impressed with that overclock for the price. And at only 1.95v it's really power efficient, too. I'm currently testing 5-5-5-15 timings as I write this. So far no errors. We'll see how it goes. I tried 1066MHz with 1.95v, and no go. Wouldn't even post. I'll try it with 2.0v when I get more ambitious, but it's really running good now. Everest benchmarks give it excellent scores, too. Fastest read time on the list, and like 5th fastest write time. Decent latency, too for such a high overclock and average timings. Good luck with your ram! If you don't want to overclock it, just see if it will run fine at 1.8v. 800 to 1000 is a substantial overclock, and I'm happy I attained that with this "budget" memory.

They still had stock up till Friday of last week. I ordered 2 and I just got mine today.
Thanks for the good deal.

Absolutely welcome. Hope they get more in stock soon. Is DDR2 really on the rise again?? Are our DDR2 heydays over??? awwww :(

Im wondering if I should jump on this and give my wife my 4 x 1GB sticks and get rid of the old 512 sticks.

I jumped on a pair for my first venture into vista and so far they're great. No overclocking yet I havn't did that since 1700+ Tbred B's were the shit. But I love my 4GB of ram.

It sucks that it's OOS again!
I was going to jump on another pair but too late.
I received my $30 rebate check from A-DATA with today's mail from the NewEgg deal back in December...$99 w/FS plus a 4GB thumb drive = $69.99. The thumb drive is way small and really sweet...my wife's favorite
More A-DATA goodness

I'll get some more of this ram ASAP.

Ruckus jump on it if it becomes available again, don't think we'll see ram this cheap.

they have patriot ram with better timings for 10 dollars more

Are you talking about the $79 stuff? It runs at 2.0v. You run the A-Data at 1.95v and you'll get it just as fast as that patriot, without spending the extra 10 bucks. Some intel boards won't even let you set the voltage above 1.8v, which will not make that patriot ram quite as "happy." The patriot's a good deal, but I think the A-Data is just as good of a deal. The A-Data has almost the same performance with much lower voltage and a little lower price if you run it at stock settings.

For the record, I've now got mine running at 5-5-5-15 (instead of stock 5-5-5-18). Still at 1000MHz using 1.95 volts. That Patriot stuff might be able to run at those settings at 1.95 volts, but I doubt it. This A-Data stuff is hella efficient. I plan to test 5-5-5-12 next. I might even experiment with 4-4-4-12 or something while raising the voltage just a tad more ... we'll see if I get that adventurous, though. Runs really nice at 5-5-5-15 now. No erros, no lockups yet, even after hours of gaming and Prime95 testing. Gosh, this stuff is exciting. I can't believe it's only $69 for 4 gigs and runs at 1000MHz :D

To those asking about "a better company" -- A-Data is one of the big OEMs. They're making the sticks you're paying the "better companies" for, and their warranty seems solid, so it's a moot point. If I had more than a few cents to my name right now I'd be pining over these being sold out.

To those asking about "a better company" -- A-Data is one of the big OEMs. They're making the sticks you're paying the "better companies" for, and their warranty seems solid, so it's a moot point. If I had more than a few cents to my name right now I'd be pining over these being sold out.

They have sold out now - TWICE. Hopefully they get some more back in stock soon, though. Weeeee!!

Thanks for the little info I wanted to know. I now know a bit about the company other than the headquarters I drive by everyday. Warranty is a key fact, do you happen to know which big companies they OEM for specifically?

They have sold out now - TWICE. Hopefully they get some more back in stock soon, though. Weeeee!!

Again, they're $5 more in-store. But yes, I hope they comeback up online, but minus well get 'em in store since there's a shipping cost.

Anyone buy 2 of these sets (4 sticks total)?

Thanks for the little info I wanted to know. I now know a bit about the company other than the headquarters I drive by everyday. Warranty is a key fact, do you happen to know which big companies they OEM for specifically?

Again, they're $5 more in-store. But yes, I hope they comeback up online, but minus well get 'em in store since there's a shipping cost.

Anyone buy 2 of these sets (4 sticks total)?

Yep. Running all four of them at 1000MHz at 1.95v and better than stock timings: 5-5-5-15 (vs. 5-5-5-18). Linked to overclocked CPU (3.33GHz Q6700) on a 680i abit 32x-Max motherboard. No errors, very stable, all 8GB recognized in Vista 64-bit. (I recommend an active memory cooler if you're going to overclock your memory above spec, though)

(see my sig in other posts if you want complete details of my build)

Because of the fantastic stability my system has had recently, I've decided I'm not pushing it hard enough yet! :p (And because I'm currently trading video cards and don't have the replacement yet, so no fun playing games on the 7600 after having an 8800 - hence, I'm spending time doing things other than gaming!)

I have climbed my system up to 3.4GHz still linked, thus memory is now at 1021MHz. I also inched voltage up to 1.975v (from 1.95). Currently running memtest to see if it throws any errors. Once I get the ram checked out ok, I'll hit up the processor stability tests again. I'll let you know if this stuff is stable anywhere above 1000MHz as soon as I know. I tried going straight to 1066 once, but had so much trouble even getting back into bios to tweak voltages that I've decided just to climb up incrementally. Slow and tedius, but so far it's going better, and that guarantees the max performance available with less risk. I'll keep you updated.

STILL OUT OF STOCK!! I'm sorry!! I have email notification sent as soon as it's back in, though.

Just for all, I am getting 1000mhz out of these, very stable, at +0.1V.

VERY happy with them :)

Thanks for the feedback! That's awesome. This really is great ram considering price especially. I'm climbing voltages just a tad at a time to see if I can reach 1021 stable (with the linked CPU at 3.4GHz) So far tests at 2.0 and 2.025 have thrown errors, although very few. Trying 2.05 now.

Hello!

How are you testing your ram? I bought 4gb A-Data. Never overclocked or tested ram. I tried memtest, but it says it can only test 1gb at a time? I'm running XP pro. Gigabyte GA P35-DS3L + e8400

Any advice

Thanks

max

Hello!

How are you testing your ram? I bought 4gb A-Data. Never overclocked or tested ram. I tried memtest, but it says it can only test 1gb at a time? I'm running XP pro. Gigabyte GA P35-DS3L + e8400

Any advice

Thanks

max

Yeah, make the bootable CD. Mine tests all 8GB just fine.

Back in stock for those of you building 8GB rigs, or who just want the 2x2GB configuration for now. This is great memory, and it's still running solid as a rock in my system with a generous overclock, while only requiring 1.95v to do so!!! Don't know if it's still free shipping or not, but hit up this great deal if you want some quality DDR2 on the cheap! So far all postings of buyers have been positive, and the reviews on the egg (who sells it for more money currently) are extremely positive as well.

Tempted to buy these if mem is goign to jump back up, however by the time I build a new rig, it's likely DDR3 will be the standard. (Currently running Reg DDR on my opteron board).. Wish they would just come out with QDR or something already, adding extra numbers on the end is silly :p

Tempted to buy these if mem is goign to jump back up, however by the time I build a new rig, it's likely DDR3 will be the standard. (Currently running Reg DDR on my opteron board).. Wish they would just come out with QDR or something already, adding extra numbers on the end is silly :p

silly, but easy. They've got 4,5,6,7,8, and 9 available before they would reach the double digits, so they're good for another 3-5 years, I reckon. :p

silly, but easy. They've got 4,5,6,7,8, and 9 available before they would reach the double digits, so they're good for another 3-5 years, I reckon. :p

I dont think it shoudl take that long, there would be more to gain going quad data rate I would image than upping the FSB to crazy levels. Time will tell...I'm still happing with my Reg DDR speeds, C3 timings and PC4000 :)

ordered 8gb just now .. no free shipping

Thank you. I updated the first post to include the shipping costs. Don't know how to update the name of the thread, though, or even if I can. I believe it's between $6 and $7 for most people to ship it.

For some, it may be cheaper at newegg where it's 76.99 shipped.

If you're buying more than one kit, it's cheaper at frys, so long as you aren't paying taxes to for purchases from them and not to newegg.

I think I'm going to go with frys, because there's some wire routing things I may pick up and there shouldn't be any extra shipping charges over the shippng for ram....probably going to pick up 8GB, but we'll see.

For some, it may be cheaper at newegg where it's 76.99 shipped.

If you're buying more than one kit, it's cheaper at frys, so long as you aren't paying taxes to for purchases from them and not to newegg.

I think I'm going to go with frys, because there's some wire routing things I may pick up and there shouldn't be any extra shipping charges over the shippng for ram....probably going to pick up 8GB, but we'll see.

Thanks for the tip! Here's the link for those of you who would rather get it from the egg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211188

$76.99 shipped. And I am definitely happy with 8GB and my 64-bit OS. I can convert my DVD collection (which I legally bought and own) into ipod format for my ipod touch and play BF2142 with settings maxxed at the same time, and still have a gig or two to spare. (quad core recommended for such endeavors ... I have two cores dedicated to the video converter and the other two to the game. Works good because many apps are now optimized for dual core, but few for quad core yet...)

is it possible to overclock decently with ram like this? say an e8400 to 4ghz?

I jumped on 8gb...only because I would have hated not getting this and watching prices rise.

is it possible to overclock decently with ram like this? say an e8400 to 4ghz?

I don't see why not. Just choose the right ratio. What board are you using? Remember my ram tops out at 1000MHz even. I couldn't get it to go higher, even with more voltage. It could be board related at those higher voltages. I'm getting a new board soon to test it on just to make sure it's the ram that's at its limit and not the motherboard, but until then my reliable/stable max on this ram is 1000MHz at 5-5-5-15 timings at 1.95 volts. I can't vouch for its overclockability any higher than that, but for ram this cheap a 25% overclock with better timings and a paltry .15 extra volts is one HECK of a deal.

Price finally jumped at NewEgg...$99.99
I went to Frys.com and ordered a set for my stash...still $69.99 plus shipping.
I may go back later and get more.

If you buy two sticks it comes out to about the same with shipping, but who the crap is eWiz? They have a good rating on resellerratings.com. Guess that's all that matters. I like Super Talent, but you can't just come out and say "better memory" here without explaining why. It looks the same to me, and I would never say that super talent was necessarily a "better" brand than A-Data. Look at all the positive reviews that this a-data stuff gets that are overwhelmingly positive, and those supertalent sticks only have five reviews right now. Still, it looks to be as good a deal as this one. Have you tested SuperTalent's support service? I have found A-data to be quite helpful and respond quickly to inquiries. Also, this a-data ram overclocks exceptionally well for its price. Several of us have our running at 1000MHz with stock or better timings with slightly above normal voltage. Can you verify that this super talent is as capable? Thanks for the option. I'm sure it's good ram, I would just have to see more information on it than 5 eWiz reviews to be convinced.

Back