A64 OC Database & Overclock Guide

EhJayKim said:
arnemetis, I get the award for worst...well I have finally come up with what I really can't seem to get past. 2.6Ghz...i'll try a few more, almost stable at 2.66 but...not quite in prime, 5 hours or so, I'll try again.

ADA3200DAA4BP
LBBLE0516EPGW

1.625 on the Vcore

600mhz OC

Wish I could get some more... :(

EhJayKim I still win, im only getting 500mhz OC, bear in mind I bought a 3700+, you bought a 3200+, bit of a price difference. Also when I claimed worst, I was refering to worst of the 3700+'s overclocks.

This thread making me sooo tempted to get a San Diego and put it under a phasechange.... must resist temptation... :D

wow, i got way behind.. :p

updated pitcures in about 5 min

edit: realized my terrible boo-boo, i have a CABSE, not CABGE :p

Hardware:
A64 SD 4000+
ADA4000DAA5BN
CABGE0515SPMW

MSI Neo2 Plat bios 1.4b1 Modified for to allow 1.9V (1.74 Rev E)
2x512 OCZ VX 259mhz 2-2-2-8 @3.4v
OCZ DDR Booster
AGP BFG 6800 Ultra OC @stock speeds
Antec TruePower 480
AseTek Vaporchill LS
CPU -35'C, -28'C full load

Air: (not max, just only air OC I tested)

ADA4000DAA5BN
CABGE0515SPMW
2760 (230x12)
1.4v
AMD OEM Heatsink w/ Tornado fan
primed for 4 hours, then I killed it

Stable OC:

ADA4000DAA5BN
CABGE0515SPMW
3105mhz 12x258.75
1:1 memory divider, 2-2-2-8 timings,
1.60v
Phase cooled
Primed for 11hours

Max OC's:

3300mhz- Max Screenshot speed :D
3267mhz- will run 3dmark, but will fail prime95 after about 1 hour.
3200mhz- runs fine, but will fail prime95 after about 2 hrs
3161mhz- Stable, but will failed prime95, I think memory was to blame... additional tweaking required.

More to come...

Mtnduey said:
Ok when I left for work this morning I was 12hrs stable Prime95 @ 2.5ghz @ stock voltage on Air cooling (Alpha 8150 with duct mod to 120x38mm YS-Tech fan in "pull" mode, pushing the air from CPU outside the case). When I get home from work I'll either find it to be 24hrs stable or a burning heap or something. Board is Abit AN8 Fatal1ty. I think I should be able to get 2.7ghz out of this chip w/o too much trouble, we'll see.

So the OC isnt done yet, just giving you an update.

Max 24hr+ Prime95 Stable OC = 2520mhz (280x9) @ 1.425 volts. I can do 2600 for almost 8hrs but then prime fails, I've tried bumping up the volts but it doesnt change anything, played with timings & such but no luck.

Currently running it at 250x10 using 4x HTT multi and it's working great. Amazing to be able to run it at that much of an OC for normal use & it still stays cool. Man I love these Venice cpu's.

Oh, CPU Info:

ADA3200DAA4BP
LBBLE 0516EPGW

Thanks for the great info Eclipse! U Da MAN!

~Duane

Just curious, this thread going to be used for X2 OC's as well seeing as they're Rev E cores (i believe), or no?

people really hate reading the rules eh? ;)
yes, this will also cover X2, when people get them in :D

mtnduey, i'll put you up in about 2 min.. however, i have a question. check your pm's :p

ADA3000DAA4PB
LBBLE 0516 GPCW
2745MHz 9x305
Voltage: 1.44v
Cooling: Air (stock)
Gain: 945MHz
Prime stable for 12 hours

On MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum. Only works if the HDD's are connected to the SATA3 and 4. If they are on SATA1 and 2 the FSB will not go over 240.

Question/Suggestion: Would it be possible to sort each PR by the gain? It might give a better impression of how each chip is overclocking.

it's possible, but i think arranging it by date is probably the best way for the time being. thanks for the suggestion though :D

(cf)Eclipse said:
it's possible, but i think arranging it by date is probably the best way for the time being. thanks for the suggestion though :D

agreed. Aranging by the date is best, simply becaues it allows for the quickest way to look up a stepping if you have a particular one adn you want to see if anyone else has the same / similar stepping and how they did. Sorting by gain means you have to check each feild, sorting by date means you just find your chip date on the chart ( if present) and go from there.

Eclpise, instead, pehaps a downloadable excel file that alows someone to sort it however they choose?

(cf)Eclipse said:

This makes sense :)

Would just like to clarify on my overclock. It passed over 13 hours of prime95 fine at [email protected], 49c cpu according to msi core center. 1.55 wont pass prime, and [email protected] isnt stable, so this is apparently the sweet spot. Sorry for not verifying sooner.

I just got my 3000+ Venice from Newegg, don't see that stepping on the list here. I have yet to test it, but I'll post again when I have a chance.

3000+ LBBLE 0516GPBW

--edit--
Also wanted to add that this was a retail chip, not that it really matters

just got my 3200+. Will be installing at weekend into a DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-D.

ADA3200DAA4BP
LBBLE 0518APMW

well ive been running mine for a while and i guess ill throw it down here

venice 3000+
ada3000daa4bp
lbble 0516cpbw

278x9 = 2502 mhz 1.568v
on air

not sure if this is my max oc but its my max stable oc that im willing to run 24/7

Got a Venice 3000+ from Newegg. It's a LBBLE 0515 FPCW. Currently doing 2800MHz and Prime stable.

Venice.jpg

veniceoc3.jpg

updated. someof you guys need to get some higher level chips, the 3800+ and 4000+ is very sparse. i think i'm gonna take out turion as it's useless. if you don't think it should go, PM me :p

edit: updated OC guide and added a note about the E2 Semprons! :D:D

ADA3700DAA5BN
CABGE 0515 SPMW

259*11 = 2850mhz
1.52 volts cpu
1.58 volts chipset

air

18 hr prime stable

fans quiet idle: cpu 35C pwmic 35C chipset 45C @29C ambient
fans loud load: cpu 44C pwmic 37C chipset 44C @28C ambient

if I drop Cpu voltage to 1.46 I have to drop FSB to 257 to get stable I'm thinking the 22mhz may not be worth the added heat

(cf)Eclipse said:
looks nice, i'm assuming that's >6 hour prime stable?

Yes, it primed over 18 hours stable. I'm pretty sure this chip will go higher but haven't had the time to play with it as I'm trying to finish up on my patio room. This room will be all mine to put however many PCs I want w/o girlfriend nagging me to death about noise, heat, etc... :p

Fawkes said:
just got my 3200+. Will be installing at weekend into a DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-D.

ADA3200DAA4BP
LBBLE 0518APMW

Got her up to 2.5ghz. 250X10 Ram@416mhz.

Will post screens soon. Need a new PSU really.

stock and a roasty 1.75v core.

PSUs not up to the job really. will get a proper 24pin asap.

hots 55C load...

but getting intermitent crashs. Primes fine but will randomly die doing other things. not a crash just a restart. Seems to be my PSU. Ordered a new Tagan 480watt one should make things more stable and hopefully be able to run at lower voltage.

so back to running stock till tuesday.

Fawkes said:
quick question eclipse. 1gig @ 1t or 1.5gig @ 2t?
sorry for not answering this sooner, but i'd take 1gb at 1T over 1.5gb at 2T

and you're getting there... it's taking a lot of voltage though :(

gonna have another play over the weekend.

will drop the two 256mb sticks of ram.

not sure if the cpu will go any higher... takes that volt to get into windows at that. weird thing is it primed for 12hours straight but can barely get into windows @ 2.7 on the same volts

yeah, my newark is crazy sensitive to speed.. i remember my first oc'ing tests.. one speed was prime stable at stock volts (i think around 2.6ghz and 1.35v), but the next mhz bump up was an instant bsod :confused:

Figured I’d add a 3800e to the list just to fill the hole

Prime stable 24 hours, memtest 12 hours @ 2820

Cooling is air, XP-90 with CAT 9 Fan.

Temps average 25c idle, 36 to 40 at full load. Ambient room temp 22. On a good AC day

Voltage is 1.56 ~

CPU numbers are in the linky.

http://www.billsmindatwork.com/OVERCLOCK.htm

While Phase is out I’m thinking water-cooling will yield a bit more, it will boot at 2.9 and better.

My faith in the smart people of America has won out. www.billsmindatwork.com

after messing with divers and such, im now 12 hours prime stable at 250x11-2.75ghz, still at 1.61v tho, 1.55 fails after ~7 hours. Ram using 333 diver, at 208mhz. my goal is to get 275x10 stable so that I can make full use of my ram, but of course that may not happen. At any rate, please update my stats, so I can be cool and in the 2.75ghz club.

i see you finally went for one bill. looks nice! :D

i'll update sometime.. before 12pm est :p

(cf)Eclipse said:
i see you finally went for one bill. looks nice! :D

i'll update sometime.. before 12pm est :p

Ya what can I say ;)

Now I want more, it's principal :cool:

well, with my initial run I seemed to run into a ceiling around 2.85ghz, as 2.9 was unattainable at any voltage (though my temps were around 20C at this time, after a while they dropped down to ~15C). I seem to have 2.85 running at 1.64 volts currently. My condensation prevention seems inadequate (more stuff around the fittings, seems like I may have to give in to spray foam, and grease so it comes off clean) , so we'll see how she holds up under prime95 with the chiller off. Anyways, I'll try higher later when I'm comfortable leaving the chiller on, as even under load there was an block of ice that was increasing in size around my cooling coil, so I'm sure with some antifreeze and better insulation, even lower temps than 15C will be attainable (of course it was 20C load@ 2.85), which means that hopefully some of the higher stuff will open up, as I swear I had 2.9 before (~15min without failing then I just ended it), but I'm sure I just tried it before the temps got low enough. Oh well, even @ 3 ghz, I'd take it at 2.8 instead, minus the chiller noise and a few panaflos on a heater core, or maybe I should set the chiller up to cycle?

EDIT: well with the chiller off it seems to be doing ok at 2.85 with 1.64 volts (not sure if temps are being reported by sandra correctly, so we shall try something else)

nice story there, but i'm looking for this:

2) When posting your oc data, be sure to include the following: (preferably in order too)
  • 1st line of OPN (ex: ADA3200DAA4BL)
  • 2nd line of OPN (ex: CBBLE 0513DPAW)
  • Maximum *STABLE* overclock
  • voltage used for that overclock
  • cooling type (stock, air, water or phase are your options)
*stable* - at LEAST 6 hours of prime95, preferably on small fft's combined with at least 2 hours of memtest86 to ensure memory stability.

sorry ;)

is the first line of the OPN unique? Or is it the same for all of the same model/speed? As I didn't really think to write that one down, just the LBBLE 0517BPAW line. I just wanted to get some feedback, as I was getting pissed last night with the temps not giving much headroom, hopefully better insulation proves to be worthwhile, maybe even opening up the low 10s. My problem is until I can leave the chiller on, I'm not able to keep the temps stable enough to keep the chip from failing prime, it failed about an hour after I turned the chiller off last night 2.85 @ 1.64, so hopefully I'm have some concrete results soon, as I can't wait to try out the wcpuid overclocking tool from windows!

Another question I have, my ram, patriot 2x256, is spec'd at ddr400 cas 3. On post it is reporting a "1t" command rate, is this something that memory is or isn't spec'd for? Or is this a memory controller setting? I was looking for a way to change it to 2t (I know it's slower), hoping to add some stability, as the ram isn't great, but if command rate won't change stability, I won't mess with it.

Back