A64 OC Database & Overclock Guide

And mine's not down at all, but that's probably because I've just been updating my original post in the thread instead of making it longer...I'm liking the Rev. E overclocking discussion thread idea.

updated for new speed and cell having water ;)

working on getting my newark in there, i was stable at 2.83ghz with 1.5v, but it turns out my abnormally low temps were helping a lot. i think i need ~1.55v for that speed 24/7. tweaking takes too much time :p

woohoo. 3700+ Diego shipped from monarch today. Should have results next week.

Everyone cross your fingers that I hit 3.0 on water xÞ

Hey Guys, im pushing slowly cuz im having issues trying to keep my ram down, still working on it right now
its a 3500
ada3500daaa4bp
cbble 05120paw... the 0 after the 2 might be a d i can't read my handwriting so great
last line is
1217502c50367
right now im at 2750.9 @ 1.488 V my multiplier is maxed out and i dunno how mutch over 250 i can go.. i wanted to keep my ram 1 to 1.. does a divider hurt it that mutch?
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=16619

Venice 3500+
ADA3500DAA4BP
CBBLE 0512DPAW

It's currently at 2.75ghz. Using 250 * 11. Ram divider at 166. On an MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum. Maxed out vcore which the bios says is 1.55v with 10% over. HT at 4x.

If I dropped the HT to 3x I could hit 2.8ghz but it wasnt stable. I am going to mess with it some more by loosening ram timings, but I am thinking it may not help as my ram is rated for 433 and I'm only at like 196ish with that divider. Anyone have any ideas what might be holding me back? I'm using water and my temps dont ever go above like 40c it seems.

cpuz.jpg

There's what cpu-z has to say about it all.

San Diego 3700+
ADA3700DAA5BN
CABGE 0515VPMW

[email protected]
prime2750.jpg

Not much going on here, I refuse to raise the Vcore over 1.55V for normal usage with only my Zalman 7000Cu. This is with MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum and BIOS v1.30.

sorry for the delay guys.

any questions that were asked will be answered in the revE oc discussion thread made a while back ;)

ADA3500DAA4BP
LBBLE 0515FPBW

2.85 stable so far, 1.65 volts.
Air cooling - XP-90.
Will try to go higher sometime this week. This chip hates my Ballistix, so I will put some tccd in tonigt.
cpuscr.gif

Apologies if posting this here disturbs someone . . . seemed the most logical place.

Just got a 3700+ San Diego. Will be putting it in an SN25P Shuttle box next week and doing a mild air overclock.

Was checking the OPN numbers and have noticed that mine are a bit off from other 3700+ SDs:

1st line: ADA3700DAA5BN
2nd line: CABGE0515SPMW

This last part four letters of the second line (SPMW) are what is curious; all other 3700SDs I've seen have "VPMW" in the last part of the second line.

It is a retail box, bought it from Monarch, the seals are intact, yes I read it right (looking *again* now to be sure), and, yes, I'm wearing pants.

Normal? Point of concern?

-hk

Off topic - what is the last, third line? Just a serial number, or are there nuggets of info contained in that one too?

and i quote rule number 1 ;)
i'm earnestly trying to keep this thread clean. techhead is doing a good job helping me out, but you guys have really gotta follow through and read the rules :eek: :p

(cf)Eclipse said:

1) Try not to post if you do not have a new cpu or an update for a previous one. All comments/questions to me should be taken to PM's. If it's a general question regarding your cpu, post here!

sorry peleejosh! :p

updated.. still working on mine. 2.7ghz at 1.45v is where i like to run it, but there's a lot left in the cpu.. i can do spi 1m at 2.94ghz, so.. yeah

Well get us a newark result on the main page, you lewser. :p Less excuses, more results.

Woohoo, I got a cabbage!

CABGE 0512XPMW San Diego 3700+

Right now, ive got 2.85Ghz totally stable, 1.6v under water. Can boot as high as 3Ghz, but I can't get anything above 2.87 100% stable. I am Pi stable up to 2.87Ghz, but that kills at 2.91Ghz. 3Ghz, I can boot and do 2D stuff fine, but if I try to run anything stressful, it crashes. Keep in mind this is on a "budget"OCing board with a bios that doesnrt even support this chip. I think I got a good one, it just needs a better board. Put 2.85Ghz, 1.6v, Water on your chart.

Ok I've got my 3200+ Venice istalled into my Abit AN8 Fatal1ty board.

Since I'm re-using my old 20pin Enermax 651 I'm not gonna push the OC much until I can rest easy that everything is working proper with my reused hardware.

Anyhow, here's my CPU Data

ADA3200DAA4BP
LBBLE 0516EPGW

More than you asked for I know, but hey, I'm feelin generous ;)

Once burn-in & Prime95 stable for 24+ hours at stock with the old hardware being reused, I'll start up the OC and let you know how it turns out. Lookin good so far though.

ADA3000DAA4BP
LBBLE 0516CPBW
Some wondered if my EPox could do 300 x 9 well here it is! 2808 is my max for now. I want to do a lot more reading before I fine tweak it. Super Pi stable 3dmark 01, 03 and tested gaming for awhile.
More to come. I think if I wasnt such a noob with memory timings etc I would be a lot higher, but its to really research now. Any suggestions? PM me!!

ven_2.jpg

i'd like some longterm prime95 action, but that'll do for now. ;)
i do believe i see 1.758v in the background there? jesus. i'll pm you :p

prime errors running stock speeds on my old setup.. lol but I will prime it if you want. what you think too much Vcore?

update I can boot at 322 x 9 but stable enough to screen shot. I even put the chipset to 1.6 etc.etc. thats pretty much it for me above. not bad for my Epox board, very surprised. I kicked it back down for a little while to 2.7 to test somemore.

Model: 3200, Stepping: LBBLE, Week: 0516, Code: EPGW, MHz: 2550, Gain: 550, voltage: 1.4, cooling: air 7700alcu

260mhz+ fsb isn't 100% stable, prob due to mobo, agp/pci lock. still testing.
can load into windows 280x10 @ 1.5v, but hangs in aquamark, 3dmark.

UPDATE: Found the sweet spot with 300x9 (2700) @ 1.55 volts, RAM with divider at 166mhz, running 245 at 3.1 volts.

thats my sweet spot as well. I backed it down on my 3000+ from 2808 to 2700 for now and its runs like a champ. my volt is slightly higher than yours though ;)

must be prime stable. no exceptions.

and besides, i can be game stable in a setting that will fail prime in about 2 min. imo, that is not stable, and it's only fair if everyone has to have the same requirements to get into the oc database ;)

Mtnduey said:
Ok I've got my 3200+ Venice istalled into my Abit AN8 Fatal1ty board.

Since I'm re-using my old 20pin Enermax 651 I'm not gonna push the OC much until I can rest easy that everything is working proper with my reused hardware.

Anyhow, here's my CPU Data

ADA3200DAA4BP
LBBLE 0516EPGW

More than you asked for I know, but hey, I'm feelin generous ;)

Once burn-in & Prime95 stable for 24+ hours at stock with the old hardware being reused, I'll start up the OC and let you know how it turns out. Lookin good so far though.

Ok when I left for work this morning I was 12hrs stable Prime95 @ 2.5ghz @ stock voltage on Air cooling (Alpha 8150 with duct mod to 120x38mm YS-Tech fan in "pull" mode, pushing the air from CPU outside the case). When I get home from work I'll either find it to be 24hrs stable or a burning heap or something. Board is Abit AN8 Fatal1ty. I think I should be able to get 2.7ghz out of this chip w/o too much trouble, we'll see.

So the OC isnt done yet, just giving you an update.

Just got my 4000+ SD. I have it up and running on the the bench (no case, just open air on the bench), (70' F in room) with just with the stock AMD heatsink w/ a tornado fan. (no network drop over there, so I'll post some screens tonight or tommorow). I ran prime at stock speeds for 2 hours, then just tossed turned up the HTT a bit. , I'll install it into the Vaporchill later tonight. Right now it is running prime95, and has been doing so for about 4 hours at 2760mhz, stock voltage. I think it will run higher, even with this crappy heatsink, but I am not going to push it. Just run it for a few more hours, then drop it in the vaporchill, my goal is at least 3.0ghz.

ADA4000DAA5BN
CABGE0515SPMW
2760 (230x12)
1.4v
AMD OEM Heatsink w/ Tornado fan (air)

Update:

ADA4000DAA5BN
CABGE0515SPMW
1.4v
2868mhz (12x239)
OCZ VX 2-2-2-8 @3.3v
Memory 1:1
Vaporchill LS, CPU at -33'C

Prime stable for 12 hours, then I killed it; Having issues with the motherboard and 240mhz HTT

Thx Ecplise!!!

More to come...

Looks like I have the worst yet, but it is o so much better than my old 3200+ cbbid :p
ADA3700DAA5BN
CABGE 0517UPAW
270x10=2700mhz
1.616v according to cpuz
xp90 with 92mm tornado, AS ceramique
In the middle of priming, a few hours in now. Tried [email protected], no good, 2750 no go at 1.6, so I'm settling for 2.7. I may be able to get the voltage down a bit, will edit this to confirm these settings or to make changes as needed. btw bought retail from zzf.

arnemetis, I get the award for worst...well I have finally come up with what I really can't seem to get past. 2.6Ghz...i'll try a few more, almost stable at 2.66 but...not quite in prime, 5 hours or so, I'll try again.

ADA3200DAA4BP
LBBLE0516EPGW

1.625 on the Vcore

600mhz OC

Wish I could get some more... :(

ADA3500AA4BP
LBBLE 0515FPBW

primed for 8 hours straight at 240 x 11 (2640mhz) @1.4v 1:1 LDT 3x

not done with testing.

Back