aeon.x2

WHOA! that black tint is AWESOME. Hopefully it gives you the desired effect. Keep it up man.

very nice, one thing. you drilled 3 holes and put grommets in them 2 of them are for the WC tubes but whats the 3rd for? or i be seeing this in an upcoming update?

Where did you get your mesh?

Just wondering, since I've been looking for different varieties, but all I find is that screendoor crap.

....My PC-72 demands nothing but the finest dagnabbit! (I might put it up someday...it's not very modded though, aside from tremendous amounts of noise damping, and having the factory SCA rack and door yanked from it to serve as a massive air intake...it was more a cooling project than anything visual...just happens the PC-72 is still a LL, thus is sex)

looks good so far. I was wondering though, how are you going to suppliment the airflow that the harddrives were getting when you turn the bottom intake fan into a radiator output fan?
sure it will still suck air but having the floor open like that, you will mainly be sucking air from the floor as there are holes below it and not forcing air through the small hole between the main mb chamber and the hd chamber.

or are you going to blow the air from outside through the rad then onto the hd's creating a small space heater effect?

German Muscle said:
very nice, one thing. you drilled 3 holes and put grommets in them 2 of them are for the WC tubes but whats the 3rd for? or i be seeing this in an upcoming update?

Originally it was for a third tube for water when I planned on the T line being in the bottom. Now its for something else though. Its coming.

atomriot said:
looks good so far. I was wondering though, how are you going to suppliment the airflow that the harddrives were getting when you turn the bottom intake fan into a radiator output fan?
sure it will still suck air but having the floor open like that, you will mainly be sucking air from the floor as there are holes below it and not forcing air through the small hole between the main mb chamber and the hd chamber.

or are you going to blow the air from outside through the rad then onto the hd's creating a small space heater effect?

There will be an intake fan on the other side door blowing onto the harddrive area.

atomriot said:
oh sweet, even better

i must have omitted that post, :eek:

No I never mentioned it. :)

Anyways I got it all set up with the lights and the blue uv dye I bought doesn't glow at all!!!! Angry right now.
:mad:

what are you going to run through it? distilled water or one of the special made non conductive fluids?

distilled water and blue uv dye mixture. I am going to drain it all and buy some green uv dye. Hopefully that shines.

that is really nice looking. nice job with the cut for the window; looks really smooth.

the black knight always triumphs!

Damn, your builds are always so cool.

I was wondering what the list of acrylic you're using is? I was able to contact the Laird Plastics people and the shop closes to me (Utah) is willing to directly sell me some sheets, I like the black and white sheets you are using so I'd like to get some of that.

i like this build a lot, was thinking of doing something similar. i'm running sli, however, and was wondering if the single 120mm rad would cut it. i was thinking of running a 120mm rad (black ice extreme) and then a 80mm (black ice micro) on the side panel. would that be enough you think? i also thought about a double 120, but since i don't have the case yet to see the actual size, i'm not sure where i'd be able to put it properly.

Crim> To be honest I am not sure. Each time I bought my plexi i went in to the local shop and shopped the excess area. Basically its just a crapload of plexi in the form of sheets, rods, cylinders, etc. All different colors and sizes. I just grab the ones that work for what I want. Never knowing a name for it, or anything. Being so close to a local shop helps so much when you know what you want in your head, but not to request it. Seeing it, is so much easier!

Starting today on removing all the water and refilling with green uv dye. The blue was crap.

FlyingMunkey said:
i like this build a lot, was thinking of doing something similar. i'm running sli, however, and was wondering if the single 120mm rad would cut it. i was thinking of running a 120mm rad (black ice extreme) and then a 80mm (black ice micro) on the side panel. would that be enough you think? i also thought about a double 120, but since i don't have the case yet to see the actual size, i'm not sure where i'd be able to put it properly.

If I was going SLI I would use a dual 120. But a single 120 and a single 80 may cut it.

Good luck with your decision! :)

yeah, like i said, i figured a 120.2 would be better, but not sure where it would go really. since you've got the case right there, do u think there'd be room to fit one in the bottom, or would i be looking at the top of case (either inside case in top drive bays or on top of case itself) or even on the back of the case. if you have time to look at that it would be great, but i'm not in that big of a rush either. to make it easier, dimensions are 10.75x5.25x1.77in on a black ice xtreme II.

With this specific case your choices are endless. You could not only fit a 2x120 in the top, you could fit a 3x120. The bottom you could easily fit one as well. The back side would be pushing it a bit, but thats possible too.

The case is awesome for watercooling.

Still bleeding the system (Hence ignore the bubbles) but my god what a difference guys. I will never again even attempt blue uv dye. Only blue uv tubing itself.

Here is the green thus far:
watergreen.jpg

I agree, green ftw.

How did you mount the UV light in the top? Just velcro? Where are you hiding the wire mess from it?

The top is via velcro temporarily. Later I am using double sided tap.

I extended and rewired all the cathodes. The top one runs along the top to the front and then to the back of the cage area where the inverters are. I will show a pic of all of that in the final update to better understand.

invalid_ said:
The top is via velcro temporarily. Later I am using double sided tap.

I extended and rewired all the cathodes. The top one runs along the top to the front and then to the back of the cage area where the inverters are. I will show a pic of all of that in the final update to better understand.
Excellent, thanks. Kick ass so far btw. Great job.

like the green

i still cant figue out what ftw stands for :confused:

feel free to point and laugh IF you tell me what it means :rolleyes: [like thats gonna work]

-shig

shig said:
like the green

i still cant figue out what ftw stands for :confused:

feel free to point and laugh IF you tell me what it means :rolleyes: [like thats gonna work]

-shig
For The Win, whats FWIW stand for?

What brand of blue UV dye did you use? If i switch to UV i dont want to make that mistake. Are you using the same brand for the green UV dye?
Looks awesome and i know from experience that it always looks even better in person. :)

im going to have to start looking for that black plexi stuff, cause tht just looks so slick

mechatech said:
What brand of blue UV dye did you use? If i switch to UV i dont want to make that mistake. Are you using the same brand for the green UV dye?
Looks awesome and i know from experience that it always looks even better in person. :)

The brand I used for blue was this: http://cool-cases-usa.com/Zen-Cart-v1.2.4/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6

For the green I went to microcenter and bought the DangerDen Green uv which is really used for automotive shops to test for leaks in cars. It works amazingly.

IMHO, FWIW ;) , is that looks awesome.
Your case FTW!
AAMOF I am going to copy your ideas, IYDM?

LOL :D

Back