1711037694396.png

1711037795585.png

1711038709831.png

Last edited:
it supports 12-bit? anyone try this? I'm running with it now

View attachment 642941
View attachment 642942
View attachment 642944
It's a 10-bit panel. The signal processor in the monitor converts and normalizes it to 10-bit before being output to the display.

I'd leave it on 8-bit for SDR. You'll get oversaturated colors with 10-bit in SDR, but I guess some people like that look. Windows will automatically change it to 10-bit when you turn HDR on.

It's a 10-bit panel. The signal processor in the monitor converts and normalizes it to 10-bit before being output to the display.

I'd leave it on 8-bit for SDR. You'll get oversaturated colors with 10-bit in SDR, but I guess some people like that look. Windows will automatically change it to 10-bit when you turn HDR on.
The bit depth output from your graphics card won’t influence the active colour space of the panel or cause over saturation of colours. That’s dictated by the gamut setting on the monitor. It’s fine to leave it in 10 or 12-bit all the time

Just got mine, manufacturing date Jan though so it doesn't have protective film on it - just bubble wrap against the raw screen. Screen is scuffed to hell with micro scratches and a row of micro smudges across the top. All permanent marks. Honestly what is Dell thinking with how they package these. TBF, you can't seem them very easily unless there is direct light. But not what I'd expect at this price. So sending it back.

8% cashback today, at Retailmenot (up from 4%).

stack with veteran's coupon or student/education coupon (5%)

Reactions: erek
like this
Got mine about a week ago, bubblewrap-protected, perfect condition except some top-left smudges that i would guess were from some rubber-like grip from the manufacturing process that came off easily.
Very happy about it, coming from a lg cx and it is similar in quality but no black crush, so everything living up to expectations. I was mainly after the 240Hz, if not for that the quality improvement alone wouldn't have been enough for me.

One annoying bug though (latest firmware), in creator/sdr mode (possibly other as well, haven't tried) when I power it on using the power button, it boots up dimmed. Lowering/raising brightness one notch fixes it but needs to be done every time it starts (i think, not 100% that it happens every time). Has anyone experienced this? Same with dell display stuff installed/uninstalled.

[Edit: This doesn't happen with the standard profile, so I just use that for now]

Last edited:
I currently have an Alienware 34" Ultrawide AW3420DW and I am on the edge of buying this monitor. Not sure if I should get this now or wait until future computer OLED monitors have higher sustained nits past 10% window coverage in HDR Mode.

One thing I'd really like to know before buying is what screen finish type the monitor really has. I keep seeing people mention it is glossy, but saw some comments that it isn't really. The AW3420DW was repeatedly in the past mentioned to be glossy, but it is really a semi-gloss. I just really like that pop of color you get with glass/glossy displays.

Back