AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

lol.......scary : /

TheBrain77 said:
well a programatic block such as that does not make me on drugs!

do you deny my screenshot! was the alert not in red.. was the syntax of the alert not in a way that expressed expiration.. or does the syntax perhaps say used/claimed/out of order.. no sir.. u are wrong in insinuating drug usage...

calm down sir.. take some pills.. chill...

it says what it says.. you said what you said.. i say what i say...

-thebrain

I sent MonarchMan a PM about my unshipped 165, and haven't gotten a response. I sent Monarch an email about my order, and no replies. I ordered Saturday, should have shipped by TUESDAY, and be here TODAY, thursday.

I'm a little irritated since I sold my CPU, shipped it out, and now have a computer needing a CPU. I did try to coordinate this for minimal downtime, but it's not working out.
I am a college student and have papers to write. This is a bit aggrevating.

Odd, I ordered a 165 from Monarch just last week, and it's scheduled to be delivered today. Too bad I'm at work and I have to go pick it up at the local Fedex hub. :mad:

Then again, there are many people who have commented on Monarch's slow order processing time (I was one of them). With these kind of deals though, I think it's worth the tiny bit of aggravation.

Welcome to the world of hot deals man. For future reference. Whenever there is a hot deal, expect the company to get many overwhelming orders. Expect some delays.

I ordered on saturday also and mine hasnt shipped. I already talked to monarch. It will be shipping off today he said.

Luckily I did 3 day shipping, so "maybe" will get it by end of this week.

I just jumped on the 165 today... Is there going to be a long lag before any more are shipped or did you guys get plenty in stock?

I'm a repeat Monarch customer and haven't had any problems so far. Thanks for the hot deal--I was bummed I missed it the first time around!

I ordered a 165 on Saturday and I just got the shipping notice now. It'll be here on Monday according to FedEx. Hot deal or not I expected it to ship faster. I guess I've just been spoiled by Newegg lol. For the price though I guess I can't really complain, but if I sold my proc because I was expecting to receive this one I'd be pissed.

Chowder Head said:
I shouldn't be worried that this is OEM, correct? I looked for the differences via google but I didn't find a concrete answer.

No, no worries. You just dont get the box, manual, heatsink. Its normally just the CPU by itself. The warranty isnt as long, but since I overclock, I void the warranty anyways, so that doesnt matter.

Just ordered a 165, wasnt a 170, but didnt have the cash for it.

monarch has great (the best!) service, but they need to get their act together when it comes to shipping...

i ordered a 7800GT on Tues (last tues) with 3 day ship
i ordered a Lanparty mobo on Thurs with regular ship,

they both arrived today...

Yeah I dont count of them for fast shipping. Everytime I have ordered its taken at least 2 days not including the day I ordered for them to get it out of the door. They are good company, dont get me wrong. I am always satisfied with purchases from there but they need to quicken up the turn around time between placing an order and shipping it out. Im probably just used to same day shipping.

ReD.SkY said:
monarch has great (the best!) service, but they need to get their act together when it comes to shipping...

i ordered a 7800GT on Tues (last tues) with 3 day ship
i ordered a Lanparty mobo on Thurs with regular ship,

they both arrived today...

Where are you located? Im just about a 4 hour drive from them, and commonly get things a day before the tracking says I will. Ground is as fast as 2-3day shipping for me.

My roommate and I just bought a DFI LanParty Expert and Opteron 170 each because of this deal, yay! Thank you Monarch!

Ð

elation said:
Honestly, everyone scared of the 60 day warranty ask yourselves - how many procs have you ever had to replace in your lifetime? I'm a tech and I've replaced 1 - UNO - in my 2.5 years at my current job. I support 300 or so PCs. I think I replaced one at my last job too... for those 2.5 years I was there.

That said - I'm really REALLY tempted to jump on this. That low interest CC deal I just got in the mail is beckoning to me.

Same here, been a tech for about 7 years or so now, and only have had to replace two. One I burnt up myself (my very first T-bird...OCing with stock cooling in my youth) and the other was a P2 in an OLD compaq that I suspect had a bad mobo too (as the replacement died within another month or so).

At any rate, I got mine yesterday, Thanks Monarch ;)

*bang*.. pulled the trigger on the 165. Few more awesome deals like this = new box for me!

Oh well, I bought a retail from TheEgg for $339 instead, figure the heatsink was worth $30 anyway, plus retail has a better warranty.

xX_Jack_Carver_Xx said:
Oh well, I bought a retail from TheEgg for $339 instead, figure the heatsink was worth $30 anyway, plus retail has a better warranty.
Not only is it worth $30... but the new heatpipe heatsinks from AMD work very well. Holding my 165 at 2.5ghz at just ~40C full load

It says the coupon is expired, but I haven't tried to get 2 or anything. Just trying to get in on the deal.

Yeah now it really is expired. :p Sorry you waited too long. Im sure there will be a deal again though.

xX_Jack_Carver_Xx said:

$30? Try $65. Its $275 at monarch. ZZF has it for $329 and free 2-day shipping. Newegg hardly ever has the best price. And they charge shipping, $4 for the 165, making it $344.

Oh well, enjoy the CPU.

Retsam said:
Yeah now it really is expired. :p Sorry you waited too long. Im sure there will be a deal again though.

Yeah. Oh well, what are you gonna do? I was waiting on a guy to see how much his paycheck was so that he could tell me whether or not he was going to buy my proc to offset the price for me. He didn't get paid until today. He is going to buy my proc, but now the deal is dead. It didn't even last 24 hours this time.

Oh well. I guess I will get the retail box from zipzoomfly. It'll cost a bit more, but at least I will have it by the middle of next week. I wasn't looking forward to a week and a half without my machine.

I guess it is too late to have it shipped today anyway, so I might wait until Sunday evening to see if this deal will pop back up.

What is really sad is that I specifically asked for this deal from Mr. Monarch. He delivered, but couldn't hold on to it long enough for me. Congrats to all those who got in on it.

You could always buy a used tested 165 for $240-$260 shipped off forums anyways. I saw 2 sell today for that. :p Unless you are timid or new to buying off forums. I just bought a used 165 yesterday for $260 shipped that does 2.6ghz with the heatsink.

FlipperBizkut said:
Yeah. Oh well, what are you gonna do? I was waiting on a guy to see how much his paycheck was so that he could tell me whether or not he was going to buy my proc to offset the price for me. He didn't get paid until today. He is going to buy my proc, but now the deal is dead. It didn't even last 24 hours this time.

Oh well. I guess I will get the retail box from zipzoomfly. It'll cost a bit more, but at least I will have it by the middle of next week. I wasn't looking forward to a week and a half without my machine.

I guess it is too late to have it shipped today anyway, so I might wait until Sunday evening to see if this deal will pop back up.

What is really sad is that I specifically asked for this deal from Mr. Monarch. He delivered, but couldn't hold on to it long enough for me. Congrats to all those who got in on it.

so, my online order status does not reflect the coupon discount. Anybody else?
I'm going to have to call up the CC company to double check this. This is absolutely rediculous. I ordered last saturday, and it ships the same time that somebody who ordered yesterday!

Ordered mine (165) on Thursday. Got tracking today.
edit:
Thanks for the info, Retsam.

The invoice WILL NOT reflect the after coupon price. It will show the pull price if thats what youre worried about. Your CC will only be charged the after coupon price. Trust me, ive ordered like 10 cpus with coupons in the past from monarch.

Well, as ive said before, welcome to hot deals. If you arnt prepared to deal with delays for hot deals, you probably should stay away. Any hot deals for items that are in high demand and get massive orders, expect some delays.

You should just be happy and have patience or stop ordering limited quantity, high demand, hot deals. :p

J Macker said:
so, my online order status does not reflect the coupon discount. Anybody else?
I'm going to have to call up the CC company to double check this. This is absolutely rediculous. I ordered last saturday, and it ships the same time that somebody who ordered yesterday!

Retsam said:
Well, as ive said before, welcome to hot deals. If you arnt prepared to deal with delays for hot deals, you probably should stay away. Any hot deals for items that are in high demand and get massive orders, expect some delays.

You should just be happy and have patience or stop ordering limited quantity, high demand, hot deals. :p

I've gotten in on some hot deals before, but this is right up there next to dell's high-end video card deals which are delayed for 2 months before you get the card. Paying for 2 day shipping and recieving your part 12 days later isn't very kosher. I could have ordered from zzf with the retail box for only $3 more (adding the cost of a HSF to this "deal") and had it last tuesday.

I understand. Im just saying. If you knew how many orders they got for 165's :p You gotta have patience.

If it makes you feel any better, I did the faster shipping method also and ordered on Saturday and they didnt ship untill Wednesday. And I still have not received it yet.

So at least 2 people ordered their processor on Thursday, as well as me, and I know I ordered mine before at least one of them, yet theirs shipped and mine hasn't? How do they ship? It's obviously not FIFO--what is it--do they draw order numbers out of a hat?

Why can't monarch follow the law like every other reputable online retailer and charge your credit card when they ship? They charged me on Thursday, the day I ordered, yet they haven't shipped. I know this is a common complaint about them, and it doesn't usually bother me that much, but when I read that people who placed orders AFTER me are getting their orders shipped before mine... and they took my money before they took theirs, that pisses me off!!

What did you order? I ordered a 165. Maybe yours is in much lower stock, or maybe they just screwed yours up. :shrug:

noworries said:
So at least 2 people ordered their processor on Thursday, as well as me, and I know I ordered mine before at least one of them, yet theirs shipped and mine hasn't? How do they ship? It's obviously not FIFO--what is it--do they draw order numbers out of a hat?

Why can't monarch follow the law like every other reputable online retailer and charge your credit card when they ship? They charged me on Thursday, the day I ordered, yet they haven't shipped. I know this is a common complaint about them, and it doesn't usually bother me that much, but when I read that people who placed orders AFTER me are getting their orders shipped before mine... and they took my money before they took theirs, that pisses me off!!
They are FIFO, there must be other reasons holding up your order. Please folks I can't stress this enough; use the e-mail address I had set up just for you. [email protected] this will help so very much.

noworries said:
Why can't monarch follow the law like every other reputable online retailer and charge your credit card when they ship? They charged me on Thursday, the day I ordered, yet they haven't shipped.
Law? What law? There's no such law I've ever heard of -- LOT'S of online retailers charge before they ship. It's great it if they don't, and most who don't will advertise it loudly as a selling point, but most probably do charge before shipping.

Actually, I only know of a few online retailers that charge only after shipping.

Back