AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

ChuckyD said:
Mr. Monarch - When will we have another crack at the Opty 165 coupon deal?!!

Or switch the 165's $60 coupon to the 170 and I'd order immediately.

I ordered mine Thursday at 3pm (5 days ago). It hasn't even shipped yet. I emailed [email protected] two days ago and still have not received any response.

I'm moving in a couple of weeks, I hope it ships before I move!

noworries said:
I ordered mine Thursday at 3pm (5 days ago). It hasn't even shipped yet. I emailed [email protected] two days ago and still have not received any response.

I'm moving in a couple of weeks, I hope it ships before I move!
What does your e-mail address start with? I don't need the whole thing. I just don't see an e-mail that matched what you are saying.

My email addy starts with no- (and if you look at my userid you can guess what comes next)

Email was sent on 2/26/2006 @ 8:33pm PST

Order was placed 2/23/2006 @ 16:11:01 MST

heh.. ok so like i placed an order for a opty 165 and a x1900xt...Thursday.. 2/23.. niether shipped yet.. emailed the monarch man earlier..

guess what.. both orders? CANCELLED!

The money has already been pulled from my bank account. Thats right.. not pending approval.. not pending anything.. before anyone decides to buy one of these coupon deals.. id suggest monarch catch up cuz there is no excuse for taking money like that and then cancelling orders... banks approve a transaction and reserve the money from your account for transfer. this gives the merchant time to void the transaction and the money to then be released. In this case the period for voiding the transactions passed and the money is no longer reserved. its gone..

thats just messed up...

awesome deal... that money better be put back asap

-thebrain

Put down daddy's visa, take a deep breath, and chill the hell out.

Just because your build has to wait a week, and your little guild members in World of Warcraft are leveling without you- doesn't mean you need to freak out on a public forum.

pclstyle said:

Just because your build has to wait a week, and your little guild members in World of Warcraft are leveling without you- doesn't mean you need to freak out on a public forum.

ouch, that was a bit harsh

pclstyle said:

Dont act like a jerk. You dont know if it was his parents visa, or not. You arent as cool as you think. The simple fact is, money got taken, and his order cancelled. That sucks for anyone.

pclstyle said:

LOL... I have a bachelors degree in Computer information systems.. i dont use daddy's money.

nice try tho.. funny.. but wrong..

dont be so quick to knock a person complaining. this could of just as easily been you.

-thebrain

Perhaps you should call them and figure out what happened.

I've had orders cancelled by the largest computer etailers due to things like not having my address on file and them needing to confirm information as it's a first order, etc.

The money isn't going to just disappear without resolution. This isn't Paypal/ThiefBay.

Got tired of waiting so I just called Monarch. They said they had to talk to me for security reasons before shipping my CPU. I asked them why?
1) I'm a repeat customer
2) My ship to and bill to addresses match
3) They've had my money since last week

Sounds like a BS excuse to me.

I'm the CEO of an IT Consulting firm. I ordered this processor for a server that runs VMs for development. I order most of our parts from newegg, with some from Monarch (or ebay) when there are significant savings to be had. This whole deal leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

Customer service is more important to me then good pricing. I've paid more for items because the service is better. There's been a pretty huge breakdown in customer service here:
1) If there was a problem with security, no attempt was made to remedy it in 6 days.
2) A rep from monarch saw my post, but did not help get my order resolved.
3) I emailed the special email address that was setup by Monarch, and received no help from there.

So if I ever order from monarch again, it won't be for anything I need in a hurry, and I will call them after I've ordered to be sure there aren't any mysterious issues that will delay my order indefinately while they enjoy having my money in their bank account.

noworries said:
Got tired of waiting so I just called Monarch. They said they had to talk to me for security reasons before shipping my CPU. I asked them why?
1) I'm a repeat customer
2) My ship to and bill to addresses match
3) They've had my money since last week

Sounds like a BS excuse to me.

I'm the CEO of an IT Consulting firm. I ordered this processor for a server that runs VMs for development. I order most of our parts from newegg, with some from Monarch (or ebay) when there are significant savings to be had. This whole deal leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

Customer service is more important to me then good pricing. I've paid more for items because the service is better. There's been a pretty huge breakdown in customer service here:
1) If there was a problem with security, no attempt was made to remedy it in 6 days.
2) A rep from monarch saw my post, but did not help get my order resolved.
3) I emailed the special email address that was setup by Monarch, and received no help from there.

So if I ever order from monarch again, it won't be for anything I need in a hurry, and I will call them after I've ordered to be sure there aren't any mysterious issues that will delay my order indefinately while they enjoy having my money in their bank account.

You gotta understand that when a retailer offers various hot deals, they will be loaded with orders/emails, and things will take longer then usual. I admit 6 (workdays?) days is a bit much im sure the whole security drawback was caused by something not controlled by monarch, but by their protocals which protect their customers. it is impossible for the deal rep to address every single customer question on here, he is here to post deals. [email protected] / [email protected] are where to have your questions answered.

welp my billing had no problem because the amounts were not voided and they were processed. it wasnt until yesterday that the orders were canceled.

monarch has a good rep and has been good to its customers. but having read noworries post. i feel the same. I would buy from monarch again. but not if its something i need in a hurry or is critical. shotty service.

when i was a CSR. i wish i had customers like this.. ones that let the company just do what it wanted when it wanted. because then my job would of been real easy.

-thebrain

I feel for you, but any chance we can get back on topic? Supposed to be a hot deal coupon thread, not a monarch complaint forum.

amd ati FO SHO said:
You gotta understand that when a retailer offers various hot deals, they will be loaded with orders/emails, and things will take longer then usual. I admit 6 (workdays?) days is a bit much im sure the whole security drawback was caused by something not controlled by monarch, but by their protocals which protect their customers. it is impossible for the deal rep to address every single customer question on here, he is here to post deals. [email protected] / [email protected] are where to have your questions answered.

I love how these guys come to their defense. That would be all fine and dandy if I didn't know that somebody ordered one the same day I did, but about 6 hours LATER, and got theirs on Monday. They dropped the ball--it's that simple. This wasn't a case of "It took us 3 days to get all the orders out the door". It's a case of letting an order fall through the cracks, and doing nothing about it. If you had read this thread, you would see that the Monarch rep knew that I specifically had an issue, and yet nothing was done. That's poor customer service.

I especially love this line: "it is impossible for the deal rep to address every single customer question here"... if it is impossible for a company to address the needs of their customers, they will soon find they don't have any customers. I'm not asking "Will this processor work in my iMac?"--I'm asking why hasn't my ordered shipped? And I did email HF and got no response.

a hot deal is not a hot deal if you have to beg and plead to get your item shipped--so it is relevant to the thread. and if I hear any kind of acknowledgement or apology I will be happy to share it here. But so far I've heard nothing but that it might ship today if I'm lucky.

noworries said:
I love how these guys come to their defense. That would be all fine and dandy if I didn't know that somebody ordered one the same day I did, but about 6 hours LATER, and got theirs on Monday. They dropped the ball--it's that simple. This wasn't a case of "It took us 3 days to get all the orders out the door". It's a case of letting an order fall through the cracks, and doing nothing about it. If you had read this thread, you would see that the Monarch rep knew that I specifically had an issue, and yet nothing was done. That's poor customer service.

I especially love this line: "it is impossible for the deal rep to address every single customer question here"... if it is impossible for a company to address the needs of their customers, they will soon find they don't have any customers. I'm not asking "Will this processor work in my iMac?"--I'm asking why hasn't my ordered shipped?

the problem between thebrain/monarch has already been addressed.

also the monarch rep is here to post deals for our forum not to go through every single thread and find people with lack of common sense. use [email protected] if you have a complaint they have csr to help you w/ your questions/concerns.

its like do you go in bestbuy then start hassling the cashier cause you can;t get your computer to work right?

Retsam said:
I feel for you, but any chance we can get back on topic? Supposed to be a hot deal coupon thread, not a monarch complaint forum.

yea, i'm here reading the threads for the hot deals and all i see are complaints. if u guys wanna complain try doing it on another thread.

Anyone else notice the coupon for the 165 is back? Also a nice coupon on the fx-55.

hold what i said. never buying from them again. I decided to go ahead and take my lunch hour to talk to the manager.

After talking with mr sterling, he offered to procede with the order. i told him that i wanted to cancel and take my business elsewhere. He then said that its fine and they are going to claim fraud because the system says fraud. its not fraud. no other etailer has ever had a problem with processing my orders or communicating with me. my bank has my address and phone number on file.

i told him its not fraud.. but he said he sees it as fraud and will leave it at that.

-the brain

Yeah coupons are back as of this morning. :)

Theres a huge $150 off fx-55 coupon now also.

Why dont you want 0551? People have been getting 2.7ghz with 1.39 volts or so with them. For the most part they are 0551 so.... I ordered 2 recently. One was 0551UPMW and other was 0550UPMW.

Because 0550VPMWs are doing 100 Mhz more. And 2.7 with 1.39v is GOOD for an 0551, most that i've seen take more like 1.45-1.5v to do 2.7. That's not good to me.

So i'd like an older stepping like 0548/0550 or something completely new rather than 0551, the consistently mediocre stepping.

The 0551UPMW's are better than the other 0551's :p

Ive seen 4 people recently say they got 2.7ghz or so on close to stock volts with them but anyways :p

I received my 165 last week and got a 0550UPMW.

On my A8N-SLI (non deluxe, non premium), I'm only able to hit about 283MHz on the HTT, for a total of 2.547GHz. Yes, my memory is on a divider and running at 188MHz.
This is all at 1.400V as set in the BIOS. Going all the way to 1.50V (max on my mobo) still nets a failure to pass POST, which leads me to believe that something other than the chip is holding me back.

But yeah, I'm happy with my purchase from Monarch. Kinda with the coupon for the 170 was just as big though. :p

I'd be happy if they'd just apologize for the poor customer service, maybe ship it free or faster to make up for the delay.

I've passed on a lot of hot deals based on comments like these. They are valuable on a hot deal forum. Some times it's shipping issues, sometimes it's quality of product issues, sometimes it's a rebate that people say "you'll never get that rebate". I used to thread crap on every Sceptre deal w/ rebate I saw posted, because of my experience with them. I only got my rebate after involving the State Attorney General! I'll never buy Sceptre again, even if I have to pay more to get the same quality LCD from somebody else.

I'm done crapping on this thread, assuming that my order really ships today as I've been told (almost a week after ordering) The information is out there. I'm not the only one that's had this problem. If it was my business, I would apologize for the problems with the security setup and lack of customer service, and tell people that if their order doesn't ship in 1-2 days to call until the problems get worked out. It's called damage control and customer retention.

Thanks for the great deal Monarch! Just ordered my Opteron 165 like many others.

the 165 jumped in price from 325 to 337.. was it like that for the last $60 discount?

still cheap as hell with the discount.. ordering friday.

It didnt jump in price. Thats the price its always been. You might be thinking of the retail box is $325 I think.

Hey news flash: We are not Perfect.... I expect all of those first stones to come flying from all of the perfect people. Mistakes get made, things are done to rectify each and every one. Even those who choose to flame our thread with every little hiccup. I have nothing to hide that is why an e-mail address was created just for you folks. However you must use it, not just say you did.

I got nothing but love for you all though.

Back