AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

[LYL]Homer said:
Guess I never learned how to tell what week cpu I have, here's the info on it:

OSA165DAA6CD
CCBWE 0551UPMW
139297AL50631

So what week is this?

Any preliminary results with this chip? I'm guessing this is the stepping we're all gonna be getting...

I'm pretty sure if you go back through this thread you'll see people's results for this one, its been around a while now. Was it averaging 2.6??? I forget now, but there has been results for it in this thread.

Scanned some forums and found average CCBWE 0551UPMW could do 2.75ghz but at 1.5v.

cre3d said:
Any preliminary results with this chip? I'm guessing this is the stepping we're all gonna be getting...

I wish i wouldn't of paid the few extra bucks for 2 day shipping since the thing hasn't even shipped yet. It would be swell if i got upgraded to overnight :).

the 0551UPMW is the one most people are hoping NOT to get... i got it last time and ran it at 2.7 on stock volts but was hoping to get a better stepping this time.

I got an OEM CCBWE 0551VPMW last month. It could barely do 2.7g @ 1.55v

I sold it for $280 and I had to toss in a new AMD heatpipe heatsink in order to make a quick sale. Basically, I sold it at a small lost.

havuk88 said:
the 0551UPMW is the one most people are hoping NOT to get... i got it last time and ran it at 2.7 on stock volts but was hoping to get a better stepping this time.
2.7 on just 1.35v? That's about the best I've heard out of week 51. Was that on air or h2o?

actually now that i think about it ut was reaching 2.6 on stock v/air cooling prime stable and 2.7+ with 1.45v on air cooling, i tried to go higher but one of the cores would fail after a few minutes of prime.

what are the odds of poeple last week getting the 0608 stepping and now the 0551upmw again?? FWIW i actually sold my 0551upmw on ebay for $325.

After 2.6ghz its all just perks if you ask me, you're already getting FX-60 performance at 40% of the cost :) That is not to say 3ghz overclocks are pointless, but if you can ~2.6, there should be no reason to complain. Maybe a little disappointed, but not enough to complain ;)

I missed my delivery today (FedEx came at 12:00 PM). How can I say that I DON'T want signature proof, so I can actually receive my package tomorrow? Could I just sign a sticky and put it on my door? Oddly enough, the second one I ordered has already shipped today. Hopefully neither one will be an 0551! Make sure to keep us up to date on all the steppings received, fellas. :D

From what I understand in reading alot of other posts, Monarch's Signature policy is absolute -- no signature, no package. You could call and tell fedex to leave it at the fedex center so you can pick it up on your time, but the normal "signature release" form won't work for this delivery. Guess they had alot of problems with fraud, dunno...

havuk88 said:
actually now that i think about it ut was reaching 2.6 on stock v/air cooling prime stable and 2.7+ with 1.45v on air cooling, i tried to go higher but one of the cores would fail after a few minutes of prime.

what are the odds of poeple last week getting the 0608 stepping and now the 0551upmw again?? FWIW i actually sold my 0551upmw on ebay for $325.
I see, that's still the upper crust from that week, but I know how you feel. I was about to sell this 0551, I don't even know how it does (waiting on the DFI CFX3200) and get in on the 0608 action, but I don't know what I would do if I was sent another week 51.

I'm guessing these 0551's were set behind or under the tray with the newer stuff because people were hearing how mediocre week 51 was, now if all the good stuff is gone, we're left with that one which I agree seems ironic.
After 2.6ghz its all just perks if you ask me, you're already getting FX-60 performance at 40% of the cost That is not to say 3ghz overclocks are pointless, but if you can ~2.6, there should be no reason to complain. Maybe a little disappointed, but not enough to complain
You have a point, but goddamnit, missing the good stuff by a week and seeing these certain chips doing 2800 or higher on default voltage sucks. I wanted to wait out the AM2 storm with my BH-5 and nearly three jiggahertz would give a little extra oomph for that.

i did get a 0551. i got the system up and running today, it's a work computer. i'll overclock tomorrow and post results, but i'll probably back it off to 2.4-2.5 for stability insurance once i find the top end.

sorry, shift key fubar'd.

My 165 showed up today. It's a CCBWE 0551. I have it on a ASRock 939Dual at 280x9. I'll see what it does tomorrow, got to let it break in for a night.

Update: Running 290*9 with 4 512MB dimms. Switched PSU from Thermaltake GI to Antec TruePower 430, that how I got to 290. I'll try for 300 later.

Mine is scheduled for tomorrow, will be interesting to see what this batch of chips does..

cre3d said:
Mine is scheduled for tomorrow, will be interesting to see what this batch of chips does..

Well now, my chip should be getting here today (4/14). I'll post what I got. I ordered the 4/6. Waited til like 4/11 before shipped confirmation.

FYI, my ram is still in the ware house... talking about slowness.

Zap [PCGO] said:
Well now, my chip should be getting here today (4/14). I'll post what I got. I ordered the 4/6. Waited til like 4/11 before shipped confirmation.

FYI, my ram is still in the ware house... talking about slowness.

Ah, I didn't realize it was in the AM when I posted. Mine will be here today as well :D

Well Fedex Just came, and I have to say I'm suprised.

I ordered 2 chips an Opty 165 and a 146. I seem to have 2 brand new steppings. I cant find info on them anywhere.

Here they are... (excuse the smudges my scanner needs a cleaning)

Opty 165..

CCBBE 0610 DPMW

new165.jpg

Opty 146

CACJE 0607APAW

new146.jpg

Anyone have info on these chips.

I can't find anything. I almost positive the 0610 is a brand new stepping, Im not totally sure on the 146.

Predictions?

As far as I can tell this is a brand new new memory controller revision on the 165. I'm crossing my fingers for a gem.

Looks like you're first for that 0610. The 0607 146's are pretty good. Mine does 2.7 on stock voltage with the stock 4 heatpipe HSF. Seems that's pretty typical from what I've read. I'm a complete noob on OC's and didn't spend much time pushing it, so I'm sure it could go higher with a little effort.

Damn you for that 0610 :p After all my worrying and waiting, I finally got one of my chips today. It is a 0551UPMW only 40 off of the batch number of my other one. :rolleyes: Yes. Bout to pop it in a testbed to see what it can do.

oldnavy said:
Looks like you're first for that 0610. The 0607 146's are pretty good. Mine does 2.7 on stock voltage with the stock 4 heatpipe HSF. Seems that's pretty typical from what I've read. I'm a complete noob on OC's and didn't spend much time pushing it, so I'm sure it could go higher with a little effort.

Thats great to know, I was only shooting for 2.8 for my wifes machine. Combining it with a 7800GT it should last her a long time.

Spazilton said:
Well Fedex Just came, and I have to say I'm suprised.

I ordered 2 chips an Opty 165 and a 146. I seem to have 2 brand new steppings. I cant find info on them anywhere.

Here they are... (excuse the smudges my scanner needs a cleaning)

Opty 165..

CCBBE 0610 DPMW

Opty 146

CACJE 0607APAW

Anyone have info on these chips.

I can't find anything. I almost positive the 0610 is a brand new stepping, Im not totally sure on the 146.

Predictions?

As far as I can tell this is a brand new new memory controller revision on the 165. I'm crossing my fingers for a gem.
my buddys got a 146 with that stepping gets about 2.7 on stock vcore, havn't heard of the 165 stepping, let us know how it does ;) one of my 165's should be here today and the other on monday :D

That chip was something I'd rather like to forget about. It didn't seem to want to boot up past 2.3 something on stock voltage, so I pretty much stopped it right there. Disappointing but it's been hit or miss especially with the 0551's.

young-blood said:
That chip was something I'd rather like to forget about. It didn't seem to want to boot up past 2.3 something on stock voltage, so I pretty much stopped it right there. Disappointing but it's been hit or miss especially with the 0551's.
which one are you referring to/

my 165 just showed up and it too is a ccbbe 0610dpmw, I'll have some results tonight

toddm27 said:
my 165 just showed up and it too is a ccbbe 0610dpmw, I'll have some results tonight

same here. Just received it and mine is also a CCBBE 0610 DPMW. Will have ocing results later tonight. Wish us, the 0610ers some luck ;)

Saffyre said:
Hopefully the CCBBE 0610 is the 0608 Killer... Maybe itll hit like 3.8 on air!! :D

you are much too conservative my friend, i am expecting no less than 4.1 on air AND stock voltage! ;)

Edit: mine just arrived and it's a ccbbe 0610dpmw :) will report back..

havuk88 said:
you are much too conservative my friend, i am expecting no less than 4.1 on air AND stock voltage! ;)

Edit: mine just arrived and it's a ccbbe 0610dpmw :) will report back..

now you are too conservative....i am hoping for breaking the 5.0GHz barrier :p and with this new stepping, i am hoping to do it while the CPU is undervolted to 1.0v ;)

hmm...on 2nd thought....now i am aiming for 10GHz so that I wont have to upgrade for few years :D

Welp, the 0551 165 that I got yesterday is another runt. Best I can get out of it prime stable for at least 30 minutes is 2250mhz @ 1.5v. :(

Repo over at XS is getting 2862 @ Stock on his new 0610. And still climbing.

Edit: 2900 was an Instant reboot.

Hes running 320x9 now Priming away. (2880)

Failed, back down to 2862.

Spazilton said:
Repo over at XS is getting 2862 @ Stock on his new 0610. And still climbing.

Edit: 2900 was an Instant reboot.

Hes running 320x9 now Priming away. (2880)

Failed, back down to 2862.

can you provide a link to that thread/post ? I will have my results later in the evening when I come back home.

Damn, now I'm excited as hell to get mine :) It's SUPPOSED to get here today but the last fedex tracking update was today @ 4:38am as IN TRANSIT in Tennessee... I'm in Arizona... They better have that thing on an F-15 :p

cre3d said:
Damn, now I'm excited as hell to get mine :) It's SUPPOSED to get here today but the last fedex tracking update was today @ 4:38am as IN TRANSIT in Tennessee... I'm in Arizona... They better have that thing on an F-15 :p
sounds like it will be monday for you I'd be :mad: as hell at fedex

cre3d said:

They had mine showing in Atlanta until like 9AM this morning. I got it by 10:30 this morning.

Back