ANTEC ISK 300-65 EC ITX

this should be no problem when ati releases its new budget 40nm cards. as a comparison, my E8600,SSD, zotac MOBO, HD5770 only uses 125W during full load..... does 14000 3dmark 2006. so there are potential. just hope someone makes a powerfull LP card :)

And thats when stressing both GPU and CPU?

I did some research on the DC-DC Board that's included, it should be able to handle up to 135 watt (the name of the board is MD-135) but Antec claims it can do atleast 100 watts. But I'd rather use what's included and sell off my pico-psu.

Blazestorm, could you tell me the revision of your DC/DC board? I'm not sure if it matters, but it might.

I want to be as confident as possible before I plug in the 120W adapter.:eek:

Well you can plug in a 150watt adapter, it's not going to blow up or anything.

The DC board is just going to pull what it needs, that 120watt rating is just the maximum it can output. What matters is matching the pin size, and the voltage.

If either the DC-DC board or the AC Adapter can't handle the power being used they have protections built in to shut them off.

Finaly i got my case, :D

built it yesterday, withe the thermalright axp-140 it fits with no probs if u drop the HDD frame. but then there was no room to fit the HDD. so i ended up with cutting up the frame until it was allmost gone, but it works.

got 2 noctuas with the L.N.A (low noice adapter) so its more or less quite depending on ambient. Im allso running F@H 24/7, this really gave me an heat issue. the E8600 runs at 1,225V it came to 100 celcius, started trotteling. then i installed the Rmclock program and undervolted to 1,1V. temps dropped to 74 celcius.

And we allso seriously need som LP vga with more power, my 4530 only does 1900 points in 3dmark 2006 :cool:

pics tomorow

My Low Power 9600GT should be here next Weds and I'll let you know how it runs / fits in this case.

9600gt should fit great. can it be true that it it does above 11K in 3dmark 2006? u need to post some results, if its correct its the same as a HD5750..... but it seems it cant do the same fps in games. Seeing all this semin "crazy" LP cards that are out now, it makes me think that we might se a LP 5750

and want 9600 gt be to thirsty for your 120W? I did a run with my 5770 and the 150 pico psu pulled it of, 14400 3dmarks :)

It allso sees that theres a Gt240 LP coming from sparkle, its about the same preformance as 9600gt but probably more psu friendly

http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-geforce-gt-240-review-test/13

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=26581

The LP Sparkle cards are unlikely to fit in this case due to their tall heatsink design, which takes up a second slot. This Galaxy 9600GT would probably work fine though.

Yea it's too wide.

The Galaxy low profile low power is the fastest single slot, low profile card that doesn't require additional power.

I did just realize that I won't be getting audio over HDMI on my current motherboard and might have to order a G-E...

Last edited:
The Galaxy low profile low power is the fastest single slot, low profile card that doesn't require additional power.

there is a 6-pin pug in the link above....Is it just for OC?? got it now, there are 2 edidtons, one low profile, low power as in this review. still its hard to get by fron norway, ebay prices ends up @ 200usd +++

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=709&type=expert&pid=3

Last edited:
there is a 6-pin pug in the link above....Is it just for OC?? got it now, there are 2 edidtons, one low profile, low power as in this review. still its hard to get by fron norway, ebay prices ends up @ 200usd +++

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=709&type=expert&pid=3

No he linked to the older version that wasn't low power

This is the new one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162030

$110 from Tiger Direct w/ $30 rebate so it's $80... w/ Bing Cashback I'm getting like $14 back so it's $65~

The 9600GT I listed above is much faster and fits the power requirements.. just gotta send in a rebate to get it down to $70-80

Wow Antec case with PSU for under 100 bucks? Nice, will use on my next HTPC build soon. I love Antec, they are my only choice for cases.

Wow Antec case with PSU for under 100 bucks? Nice, will use on my next HTPC build soon. I love Antec, they are my only choice for cases.

Yeah, this case is very well built for under 100$. I like the heaviness of the steel, and it's pretty decent looking.

GPU-wise I'm going for the new AMD cards in my "light gaming" ISK 300 system. The core i3 GPU is probably enough for the HTPC (Also ISK 300).

Well it does look like the 120watt / Onboard Antec is not enough for the 9600Gt... at auto-fan speed it dies within 5 seconds, at full fan speed it lasted a couple minutes in TF2.

Eh maybe I don't need a gaming card in my HTPC... hehe...

maybe you can use both the supplied psu+ a pico psu, but for doing that you'd need a gpu with power connectors...

Well it does look like the 120watt / Onboard Antec is not enough for the 9600Gt..

And u sold your pico psu? 150W pico is perfect, and it only 1/4 of the cables.

i changed my mind abut the GPU, gt220 seems to be the same power as the HD4650, but probably much colder.

any chance to fit a 3.5 HDD in it? instead of the PSU (i have picoPSU)

its possible I think, but u need to do some modding. and cutting some iron.

I got the gt220, it was terrible. loud, i could hear it from the first floor, and no fan regulation. So i had to get down and dirty, did some serious modding, and it turned out realy great. Ill post pics tomorow.

You're using a pico PSU right? can you post your full specs? thats quite nice actually!

i use apicoPSU but without a case (looking for one)
my spec is: Intel BOXD945GCLF2 , 1gb ddr2 , WD5000AAKS , picoPSU 90W + 80W DC-DC

My bad, the post above was for leifeinar.

I use a pico PSU 120w with the same board and a D945GCLF2 :D

Specs:

Zotac 9300
2 gig mem
E8600 @ 1,1V
500 gig hdd 2,5"
gt220 1gig
isk 300
150W pico psu.

the key to it all is the pico psu, it opens alot of room. and i can use the 4 moutning holes for the HDD and a 8cm fan for cpu/vga

I removed the whole inner frame it restricted airflow. So load temmps first started @ 100 celicius and trotteling, then down to 72 and now its down to 60 celcius
'

No optical? I thought 11000 3dmarks in 06 and was droooooling at the idea :D

leifeinar, any chance you can check on your ISK if you can fit a 3.5 in there?
i really need a case and the ISK looks nice

I have tested, and i think some metal in the front to get room.

some pics of the "new" build using the tri-cool fan inside, so its at low for desktop mode and at medium for gaming.

Specs:

Zotac 9300
2 gig mem
E8600 @ 1,1V
500 gig hdd 2,5"
gt220 1gig
isk 300
150W pico psu.

the key to it all is the pico psu, it opens alot of room. and i can use the 4 moutning holes for the HDD and a 8cm fan for cpu/vga

I removed the whole inner frame it restricted airflow. So load temmps first started @ 100 celicius and trotteling, then down to 72 and now its down to 60 celcius
'

What GT220 did you get? I can't find low profile ones

I actually found a heatsink at home, same as in the link. so i made a cooler for the GPU. not finished but u get an idea. with this cooler the only limit is actually what tha market has to offer in low profile cards :)

Heatsink, before bending.

After bending the pipes, their really flexible.

On the board

And in the case

Ah, I thought maybe that was the Galaxy 9600Gt... Another issue with that is until you turn the fan-speed down it's quite loud. It would be nice to find a silent/effective solution for it because with this case it's a perfect setup.

emax:
How did you get the big shuriken in there? Any cutting involved?

emax:
How did you get the big shuriken in there? Any cutting involved?
Yes, is a Big Shuriken ; only little cut here :

img0079f.jpg

Sorry x bad image quality :(

Back