ANTEC ISK 300-65 EC ITX

nice build emax. have u tested the gpu? my gt220 does 5000 points in 3dmak 2006 and is good for soft gaming :)

Another issue with that is until you turn the fan-speed down it's quite loud. It would be nice to find a silent/effective solution for it because with this case it's a perfect setup.

Can u run it now? my gpu cooler is perfect, if u have room u can make one of those. its on newegg for an ok price. it allso can take an 8cm fan for additional cooling.

i did a maby stupid mod. i opend the top/side for a 14cm fan. it pulls cool air onto the axp140, temps are great and very silent. but it sticks 1 cm out. ill get some pics later. needed some extra cooling since im running F@H 24/7

nice build emax. have u tested the gpu? my gt220 does 5000 points in 3dmak 2006 and is good for soft gaming :)

G210 is great x HTPC ( Power consumption : Idle 8,7W, Load 19.5W) but no x gaming ( memory interface is only 64 bit ) : my 3dmark 2006 does only 2500 points :D

2500 is ok for older games. think i started oblivion on an 850XT it did the same score if i remember correct, and it worked okay..

im a little exited to see what ati has to offer in LP graphics. ive seen a gt240 from nvidia, as the best one so far in the 40nm line up :)

im a little exited to see what ati has to offer in LP graphics. )

radeon_5450_5500.jpg

:D

Associate report that the announcement of video card series radeon HD 5500 is planned for the sixth February. According to more precise information, these graphical solutions will appear on the second week of February. It is assumed that redwood pro will be two base models: Radeon HD 5570 and Radeon HD 5550. We can only surmise about the precise technical characteristics of these products. Low-profile video card in this series will be equipped with DVI, HDMI and D -Sub ports. The energy consumption level of video card will not exceed 50 W.

For the fourth of February is planned the announcement Of radeon HD 5450 (Cedar) - this is a low-profile video card with a passive cooling system. It will also ensure the support Of directX 11 and three monitors in eyefinity regime , and also technologies dolby true HD and DTS master audio. Video card series radeon HD 5450 will be completed by 512 mb or 1 Gb DDR-2 or DDR- 3 memory. The core frequency will be equal to 650 MHz, while the memory frequency depends on the type, in the most rapid version reaching 1600 MHz DDR. The cost Of radeon HD 5450 will lie within the limits from $45 to $70

So thats a LP, HD 5550. wonder how powerful its gonna be.... we do have 4650 LP cards today, so Im hoping for a LP 5650. The 150W Pico psu we both have actually runs my hd 5770, and did 14400 3dmarks.

i measured a peak at 155W from the plug, so its not optimal :D an I undervolted E8600 from 1,226 to 1,1V saving me some precious 12V

DFI mi p55-t36, i750, 4Gbddr3, GT220, 2hd 2.5, 1 DVD slim, Fortron Source 270w80+

iAs3zl.jpg

gUtGil.jpg

eEGVP.jpg

9vRMf.jpg

Hi Emax! :D

Last edited:
ok....explain!! please?? more pictures, and where is the psu??

torr3nt - is that a Xigmatek Durin D982 cpu cooler you are using? If the answer is yes, does it fit without modding the frame?

Without modding for cooler and psu.
Yes, the cpu cooler is a Xigmatek Durin D982 ;)
The Fotron is blocked by two self-locking nylon cable passing in the 4 already presents holes of the double layer ...
Very sorry for my bad english...

kht6Ql.jpg

mUBLel.jpg

Its a nice build torr3nt :)

but u do agree that the Asus gt220 is WAY to loud?? i didnt find a way to regulate mine.

For future builders i think ATI hd5570 is a great choice, its has a CU sink, bigger fan thats a litle bigger and can be regulated (i think :) )

ita about 10-20% faster than the gt220, same preformance as the HD 3870.

For me only problem of the Asus gt220 is the annoying noise, than someone it has resolved with a potenziometer. Sure I would have preferred the hd5570, but when I have ended my job was not still available ;)

It was the same for me, best option was the gt220. Im testing if i can get a Scythe Musashi to fit inside for gpu cooling, by shaving the top it might filt like glove :) or it might not. and then we have an option for cooling.

ill guess we will se some nice "high end" low prifile cards from sparkle or galaxy on 40nm. problem is to cool them in one slot :)

It would be an optimal idea, but I would not be sure that the Scythe Musashi can be compatible for height and thickness also with the cut that you propose.
And I agree with you that often the problem is constituted also from the single slot...but it seems that lately the producers have greater attention for the systems m-itx. If I buy the Ati I will inform you of the noise that produces :)

Im not shure either, just have to see, if it woorks its a thight fit both in higth and depth.

allso Im not using the 2 80mm fans, so in theory moving the mobo to get room for 2 slots is an option but it might be complicated.

Excellent project ...not impossible, but it is certainly a big job. Antec had to have this great idea!! ;)

GPU-Z

hd5570.jpg

HD5570 on my Antec

Very very sorry x bad quality image

Idle

Furmark : Stabilty - Load Gpu -

3DMark 06

HD5570 650/900@700/950MHz Gpu/Ram
i3 530 @default

3DMark Vantage

HD5570 650/900@700/950MHz Gpu/Ram
i3 530 @default

Windows 7 Benchmark

;)

Last edited:
really nice scores, its the 5570? how are the sound level.

It was the same for me, best option was the gt220. Im testing if i can get a Scythe Musashi to fit inside for gpu cooling, by shaving the top it might filt like glove or it might not.

This was a no go.... it 1mm to thick :)

Thanks, turned out it was a mute point. The ISK-65 I bought turned out to have an internal 150W power supply...

Updates:
-Install ATI Radeon HD5570
-Remove support of Hdds & Odd x install Scythe Haze-Maru ( 140mm, 1.200rpm, 61.30cfm)
-Use hdd 2.5" external protector x install my ssd inside the case

catturaz.jpg

Last edited:
My ISK300...Zotac H55ITX w/ i3 540

I'm still searching for an optical drive and some shorter SATA cables. There isn't much room inside for extra wires. This will be my new HTPC, the first pic is of it next to the Lian Li 350 it is replacing.

Last edited:
Several nice builds popping up :cool:

I stil have to change the AXP 140 and install the schyte just need the motivation, the 14cm yate loon is just great, a 1000rpm fan @ 7V so its dead silent. And a nice keysonic keyboard.

An earlier plan was to install Scythe Musashi to fit inside for gpu cooling, plan changed so now Im gonna remove the side of the case so that the gpu cooler makes the side. there is allso room for a 8cm fan on the inside/bacside of the cooler blowing out.

Somehow it allways ends up as a Ghetto mod :)

Several nice builds popping up :cool:

An earlier plan was to install Scythe Musashi to fit inside for gpu cooling, plan changed so now Im gonna remove the side of the case so that the gpu cooler makes the side. there is allso room for a 8cm fan on the inside/bacside of the cooler blowing out.

Somehow it allways ends up as a Ghetto mod :)

Hi! Great works!!!!Temps in gpu loads? Is a GT220?

Thanks!

Hi! Great works!!!!Temps in gpu loads? Is a GT220?

TNX :) its not installed yet, but it loadet sub 55 celsius before i removed the finns. allso colsed the fangrils on top so all air has to pass trough gpu fins

hello

You can give me the exact dimensions please (in red)

while underneath the CD reader

2 7/16" from the bottom to the underside of the cd try. 3 1/8" to the underside of the HD tray. I removed the support bars to the rear of the case, as such the tray may have a bit more flex now.

The top measure between the fan cage and front is 3 13/32. The powersupply itself is just big enough to house an 80mm fan.

I have finaly done the "impossible" 3,5" disk in the ISK 300, and Im quite proud :D

ill post propper pics tomorrow

Can you post pictures of your modified air intake? Is everyone with a Big Shurken or Scythe Haze-Maru in their ISK-300 using a modified air intake on the top?

Can you post pictures of your modified air intake? Is everyone with a Big Shurken or Scythe Haze-Maru in their ISK-300 using a modified air intake on the top?

Im out traveling so no pics, and its not to pretty :) but the air intake is a square as seen in the pics above where I used the AXP 140, intake is sorrounding the 140mm fan.

but I highly recomend Big Shuriken combines with an 12cm air intake, it gives a cool system with really good sound levels,.

case is quite thick steel, and it takes time. but it can be done/ modded to several finishes that is quite good looking

hallo

i have a isk 310-150, this case is perfect 2 hdd, front usb/sata/mic/ear,
but the performance of the integrated psu is very bad ~70%.

my sytsem
h55n
i3-530
4gb
1tb
500gb
dvd rw slot in

the integratet fan is running at low speed (because the noise)
a fit a second fan wich is very low noise

and the sytsem use ~50watt in idle

has anybody a good solution for a better psu?
i have read that torr3nt use the Fortron Source 270w80+ psu but this cost 60€.
i don't now how efficent a 270w psu at 50w is?!
has anybody a other solution for a psu that fit in the case and hasa high performance like 80%.

cu
alex

sorry for bad english?!

Grab an Enhance 300W flexatx unit. It's been solid for me so far. Very heavy (for it's size), and pretty stout as far as amperage goes. I've recommended before though... do something about the 40mm fan that comes stock. It sounds like a hair dryer at full tilt.

Back