Anyone using Aquacomputer or Swiftech WC?

SelRahc

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to decide what WC solution I want to go with. The 2 that have caught my eye are Swiftech and now Aquacomputer.

Anyone using either of these and can share any thoughts? I find the Aquacomputer interesting because of the low-flow and smaller hoses... curious how it performs vs other brands.

Are these even the route I should be going?

low flow rates will give you less cooling ... if you want to overclock or want to just be able to upgrade easily it'd say 1/2"

I have Swiftech, DangerDen, Detekcustom, etc and found the Aquacomputer to be the best mix of beauty and performance.

No other vendor has such attention to detail like Aquacomputer. I don't get the same temps with my AC as I did with a 1/2" whitewater setup, but it's only 2c. Just the tube routing with a 10mm AC setup is much easier and looks 2x as good.

R1ckCa1n said:
I have Swiftech, DangerDen, Detekcustom, etc and found the Aquacomputer to be the best mix of beauty and performance.

No other vendor has such attention to detail like Aquacomputer. I don't get the same temps with my AC as I did with a 1/2" whitewater setup, but it's only 2c. Just the tube routing with a 10mm AC setup is much easier and looks 2x as good.

I agree. This is my 4th watercooled setup, but my first with Aqua-Computer. I had a full blown 1/2" setup, and the tubing is just too large for me, and my current project. The cooling wasnt that much better either. In my expierence, Aqua has the best quality Ive used, bar none.

I would like to see a full blown Aquacomputer setup review versus another well known water cooling system that compared noise/overclocking performance. That would be interesting. 3/8 setup versus a 1/2 setup.

This is my first WC setup. I'm really tempted to try the AquaComputer line.... but I can't find anything on them really. You are dead on about the looks though. Those blocks are nice... and the silver editions are nice AND bling. But Performance is my main concern. Im going WC to Overclock but ALSO to lower the noise. Swiftech and Aqua are what im looking at now.

Too bad the mounting clip for the AMD 64 chips cover up that nice looking aqua block :(

Also, from what Ive heard, and im no expert, that the Aqua is designed to work best at slow flows?

bellevegasj said:
I would like to see a full blown Aquacomputer setup review versus another well known water cooling system that compared noise/overclocking performance. That would be interesting. 3/8 setup versus a 1/2 setup.

I'm tempted. Since I'm building 2 identical rigs it would be interesting to put a Swiftech kit in 1 and a Aqua in the other and see the diff. I'm lining up a review of the ATI x800xtpe vs. Nvidia 6800u in that setup as well. (Have 2 of both on the way) So doing a review between the 2 WC setups is very doable. And there sure is a need for it too.. there isnt 1 good review of the AquaComputer line in english anywhere that I could find... Anyone want to sponsor the test? (quite seroius about this) :D

SelRahc said:
Too bad the mounting clip for the AMD 64 chips cover up that nice looking aqua block :(

It doesnt cover the block, and the mounting is pretty much the same for P4's. Here is mine on my old mobo.

fallguy_6.jpg

Here it is on my old IC7 MAX3;

60.JPG

They both have brackets. Or are you talking about the Cuplex Pro?

Aquacomputer has been done in 1/2" I looked for that all last night ;) A british company professionally got remilled / rethreaded aquacomputer reservoirs in 1/2" and they sold out in a week ! Very good idea for anyone who might know someone who could do that ;) Big money

Aquacomputer does not design their blocks with 1/2" in mind so it will not gain anything. Germans are all about performance and attention to detail. The whole 1/2 versus 3/8 has been fought many times on tons of forums. At the end of the day you must purchase what you feel is the best for your money.

btw: I can overclock my A64 just as far as with my full 1/2" whitewater setup.

I'm using the Silver Cuplex from Aqua-computer, courtesy of www.snt-systems.com

This was my first shot at watercooling, so I don't really have much to compare to . Also, I'm still lacking a decent radiator fan and shroud, so my temps aren't all that great yet, but there is a lot smaller spread between my idle and load than there was on air cooling.

I like the position you took, R1ckca1n .... I'm tired of the 3/8" vs 1/2 arguments, and they really don't solve anything. Maybe the performance of my 3/8" setup is not as good as it would be with 1/2", but I like the look of the waterblock ;)

Here's it installed:
DSCN0863.jpg

And a few old pics before it was installed. Courtesy of Mcseiam
mountclose.gif

khxreflect.gif

Let me know if you have any questions...I wish i could give you some firm numbers but I'm still working on the whole system, will hopefully have it finalized soon.

And Selrach, if you have any questions on the Aquacomputer stuff, ask the guys at Snt-systems, very helpful and they know what they're talking about.

Now, I have two computers sitting side by side and they are both completely cooled by Aqua-Computer. I obtain CPU temperatures that are roughly 10* celcius above ambient which is ideal in my experience when water cooling. The Cuplex Pro cools slightly better than the Evo, about 3-4* better @ idle. The awesome thing here is that I dont need to keep my fans on my radiators at high and noisy RPMs to keep my temps low.

There would have been more reviews available around the net but those 3rd parties just didnt work something out, I apologize for that.

So many familiar names here, thanks for all your support guys, you have built SNTsystems into what it is today. Well, the name anyways, I'll try to leave Brier out of this thread.

Take care! :)

-Dan

fallguy said:
Or are you talking about the Cuplex Pro?
Fallguy,

Correct, the pro is what I was talking about. Uses the same bracket you have in the top pic from the looks of it. It covers up the nice shiney and clear stuff. The silver and clear go well together hehe.

Now, you say these are on your old mb. What are you using on your new one? Also, how well does that circular block work vs the flatter ones?

Stumpy,
That is the exact block I was looking at. I see you are not using the large metal bracket. Is that mounted on a P4? Does mounting to an AMD FX-53 hafta use that big metal mounting bracket?

Also, does the res using the jet adaptor make any additional noise? (water blasting against the window seems like it would make more noise hehe.

Im on a MSI K8N Neo Platnium. That was on a Chaintech VNF-250.

R1ckCa1n said:

How dows this system compare noise wise to the other setups?

Does mounting to an AMD FX-53 hafta use that big metal mounting bracket?

Also, does the res using the jet adaptor make any additional noise? (water blasting against the window seems like it would make more noise hehe.

The reservoir's jet doesnt create a sound at all, the distance between the jet and the window is small enough to allow for a spray without any disturbance.

Also, the Cuplex 1.3 which Stumpy owns requires the use of a steel mounting bracket to work with the newer sockets since that block was first designed years ago. The Cuplex Pro, which I own, uses an oversized plexiglas cover which acts as the mounting too, so everything is still very visable and pretty. I'd take pictures but SOMEONE broke my digital camera. :)

-Dan

SelRahc said:
Stumpy,
That is the exact block I was looking at. I see you are not using the large metal bracket. Is that mounted on a P4? Does mounting to an AMD FX-53 hafta use that big metal mounting bracket?

Yeah, I have it on a P4 2.8c.

You don't have to use a mounting bracket, it just mounts onto the 4 bolts that go through the motherboard, and then bolts down with a couple round nuts and springs for tension.

I love the look of their water blocks and res. But damn I just cannot see plunking down that wampum for it. I guess I need to start saving for it and see if I can figure out how the hell to fit it all into an Aria case that would rule

Royal said:
I love the look of their water blocks and res. But damn I just cannot see plunking down that wampum for it. I guess I need to start saving for it and see if I can figure out how the hell to fit it all into an Aria case that would rule

Hehe the price of an aquacomputer setup does seem to be alittle more than one of.. say.. swiftech. hehe

SelRahc said:
Hehe the price of an aquacomputer setup does seem to be alittle more than one of.. say.. swiftech. hehe

Yeah, you'll pay a bit extra for an aquacomputer setup. But a lot of people have found that for looks combined with performance... it's worth it ;)

Stumpy,
Can you link me more pics to your WC goodness? I'd love to see your entire setup (rad, res, gpu / mb cooling, etc.) if you have any additional pics lying around ^_^.

Are you using the Aquaero as well?

SelRahc said:
Stumpy,
Can you link me more pics to your WC goodness? I'd love to see your entire setup (rad, res, gpu / mb cooling, etc.) if you have any additional pics lying around ^_^.

Are you using the Aquaero as well?

Heh, I wish I was using the Aquaero. I've seen it in action, very nice display.

And I don't have any gpu or north bridge cooling yet, will hopefully get a Twinplex or similar for my 9800pro since the fan is really starting to get annoying.

And the pictures I posted are the best, the rest of my setup is still kind of in process right now ( therefore very ghetto) but since you asked......

Pic 1
Reservoir
Pic 3

nice thanks :) I was looking at the full setup without the silver wb. Cost would be roughly 770$ including the Aquaero. Still compared to 200-250 for the other brands its a tough sell....

SelRahc said:
nice thanks :) I was looking at the full setup without the silver wb. Cost would be roughly 770$ including the Aquaero. Still compared to 200-250 for the other brands its a tough sell....

Yeah, It's quite expensive. The Aquaero adds quite a bit of cost, but in my opinion, it's worth it. I'll be waiting a few years for something like that though, until I actually have a top of the line system to put it in. And a better case.

I saw the Aquaero demonstrated at Quakecon, and the programmable display was amazing... it would scroll through all the text, temps, and voltages, along with a bunch of menu configuration options... I don't even know what all was in there. Gotta love the ability to have instant access to all your temps, even water temp sensors inside your loop though.

What system did you spec out that was going to be 770? That included pump and everything, right?

SelRahc said:
bingo money is the a big factor, let me ask you do you have a side window? i dont, i dont really like them, i use too, but not anymore, for blocks check this link out

pro cooling
i went from an sp-94 to water cooling and i built my kit around the sw 6002p block, and i can honestly tell you that is not an eye candy item like the Aqua-computer, but as you can see from that link i can tell you it is true, the block works wonders.

if i was you and this was my first water cooling adventure i would go with this kit
sidewinder
and this two things
shroud
and this
external rad mounting kit

and i would buy it from that place too since gary rocks.
in that kit you have all you need to start this venture

stumpy said:
What system did you spec out that was going to be 770? That included pump and everything, right?

Ya. Heres the part list:
Cuplex Pro A64 CPU Block
Twinplex for Northbridge Block
Twinplex for GPU
Airplex Evo 240 Rad
Airplex Evo 240 Grill
AquaTube Revision 1.1 Res
AquaBay for AquaTube/AquaStream Mounting Kit
AquaTube LED Mod
AquaStream 12v Pump
Aquaero USB Revision 3.07 VFD
Aquaero Black Faceplate
Water Temp, Flow and Air temp sensors
Tubing

I think that was it. Oh then - the [H] discount. So really you figure - the Aquaero display the cooling setup is about 400-500$

I was eyeing the Water cooled PSU as well. Didn't see that b4.

SelRahc said:
Ya. Heres the part list:
Cuplex Pro A64 CPU Block
Twinplex for Northbridge Block
Twinplex for GPU
Airplex Evo 240 Rad
Airplex Evo 240 Grill
AquaTube Revision 1.1 Res
AquaBay for AquaTube/AquaStream Mounting Kit
AquaTube LED Mod
AquaStream 12v Pump
Aquaero USB Revision 3.07 VFD
Aquaero Black Faceplate
Water Temp, Flow and Air temp sensors
Tubing

I think that was it. Oh then - the [H] discount. So really you figure - the Aquaero display the cooling setup is about 400-500$

I was eyeing the Water cooled PSU as well. Didn't see that b4.

Would definitely be the coolest looking watercooling setup on the market. You could always just get the watercooling and then add the aquaero later... Add some UV dye and some cathode lights in there, and you'd have a pretty sweet looking setup.

^^^ that has got to be one of the coolest looking systems I've seen ... in a very long time. Is that pump the Eheim 1046 12v version?

Back