AOC open beta.

Will I be able to install this on two different computers? I travel and dont want to have to lug a computer around with me to my other house.

Yes you can. You can install it on as many machines as you want, the only information that it's taking is your account name and password.

Anyone know if DX10 will be working in this beta??? I keep hearing how good DX10 looks with this game but it wasn't enabled in the other beta tests I was in.

Anyone know if DX10 will be working in this beta??? I keep hearing how good DX10 looks with this game but it wasn't enabled in the other beta tests I was in.

Afraid it's only going to be running DX9 only for this test.

Afraid it's only going to be running DX9 only for this test.

Then why is this the recommended specs?

Age of Conan Beta
System Requirements

Required

* Processor: 3GHz Pentium IV
* RAM: 1GB RAM
* Video Card: Shader Model 2.0 and 128MB RAM: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or ATI 9800

Recommended

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz (E6600) or better
* Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7950GX2 or better
* RAM: 2GB or more
* Enhanced for: DirectX 10, 64-bit processors, multi-core
Supports Parental Controls on Windows Vista

Then why is this the recommended specs?

Age of Conan Beta
System Requirements

Required

* Processor: 3GHz Pentium IV
* RAM: 1GB RAM
* Video Card: Shader Model 2.0 and 128MB RAM: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or ATI 9800

Recommended

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz (E6600) or better
* Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7950GX2 or better
* RAM: 2GB or more
* Enhanced for: DirectX 10, 64-bit processors, multi-core
Supports Parental Controls on Windows Vista

Because the full version will support DX10, the beta will not.

DX10 Screenies? Not sure, could be DX9 as well .. looking like the best graphics for an MMO to date:

1-4.jpg

2-4.jpg

I also have an 'adult' screenshot but I'm not sure if its okay to post it here.

I just finished downloading the 12.5GB installer from fileplanet and the zip file is corrupt...wonderful, even though the download was 100% complete. I hope this next day of re-downloading isn't a total waste.

I just finished downloading the 12.5GB installer from fileplanet and the zip file is corrupt...wonderful, even though the download was 100% complete. I hope this next day of re-downloading isn't a total waste.

I assume you either have dsl or cable. Either way do yourself a favor and use a download accelerator such as http://www.flashget.com/en/download.htm or the one I use is InternetDownloadManager. I downloaded the entire 12gb zip file in 1hour 45min. Your miles may vary of course.

I had no problems downloading the .zip from FilePlanet. It took about 13 hours and everything ran fine. It looks like a hit or miss with a few people.

I had no problems downloading the .zip from FilePlanet. It took about 13 hours and everything ran fine. It looks like a hit or miss with a few people.

They can easily make it a hit every time by using the above.

DX10 Screenies? Not sure, could be DX9 as well .. looking like the best graphics for an MMO to date:

I also have an 'adult' screenshot but I'm not sure if its okay to post it here.

I wouldn't post it. There are enough online already, that if someone wants to see one, they can find with google.

I assume you either have dsl or cable. Either way do yourself a favor and use a download accelerator such as http://www.flashget.com/en/download.htm or the one I use is InternetDownloadManager. I downloaded the entire 12gb zip file in 1hour 45min. Your miles may vary of course.
Thanks, I did use a download manager (DTA firefox plugin) which is usually very reliable. I'm at 13% now and crossing my fingers.

Well, I re-downloaded the whole thing 100% and got the same extraction error again.

For anyone who is having the same problem, I Googled it and it turns out that it was a problem with WinRAR. So, I used 7zip and it extracted all the files fine. I guess my original download was probably good as well.

berzerker, a couple I know ran into that problem and it was the extractor. 7zip or tugzip should have been fine.

Bah, anyone with a FilePlanet subscrib not intersted in playing this game? Will give lots of hugs and praise for a key, haha.

I cant be bothered paying for the beta. Ill just wait for other peoples feedback and make some decisions based on the general consensus. Especially hearing how limited the beta is, Im happy to wait.

"People's feedback" is never sufficient for MMO's from what I've found. I always have to play the game myself to get the whole feel of it and see if it immerses me to the point that I care to even level. Beta FTW!

Is keyboard assigning keys in beta options disabled? It seems like it lets you change keys to your liking but when you try and click nothing happens.

"People's feedback" is never sufficient for MMO's from what I've found. I always have to play the game myself to get the whole feel of it and see if it immerses me to the point that I care to even level. Beta FTW!

That's how I feel. People have different views on everything; some put very negative spin on things you may really like.

Read this morning that it is pushed out to 8 GMT which is 3pm EST and 12:00 PST

Back