ARGH!!...Is it 4th Quarter yet? :( new 30inchers?

You cant even compare a Dell to an NEC 90 series. They are made to do completely different things. Not to mention the NEC 2190 goes for $1300 so the 24 has to be more than that. On top of that a lot of 2190's get sold at that cost.

thenixhex311 said:
i agree... its very frustrating... and 1400ish for a 24" nec... might as well get a 30" dell for that much.

then i could get some sort of DVI-KVM thing (if they make them) to switch between computer use and HDTV.

Hehe if you mean a DVI switch yeah they make em!

But i think they are kind of pricey though...just pricey like the HDMI switchers....like 100 dollars + pricey.

But losing picture in picture is kind of a dealbreaker!

well if the NEC 24" has multiple inputs and can serve other purposes other than monitor only, then this is something i would consider. I cant see how manufacturers are picking up on the trend of people using these size LCDs for multiple purposes.

Then you get down to manufacturers putting those said connections in their lcds, and them being horribly quality COUGH2407COUGH.

Id honestly rather go with NEC, considering all the high talk of the 20wmgx2....and ive never had a benq...but $$$ talks too... too bad these Benq people are locking up info on the 30" and the 24" like Fort Knox!

thenixhex311 said:
well if the NEC 24" has multiple inputs and can serve other purposes other than monitor only, then this is something i would consider. I cant see how manufacturers are picking up on the trend of people using these size LCDs for multiple purposes.

Then you get down to manufacturers putting those said connections in their lcds, and them being horribly quality COUGH2407COUGH.

Id honestly rather go with NEC, considering all the high talk of the 20wmgx2....and ive never had a benq...but $$$ talks too... too bad these Benq people are locking up info on the 30" and the 24" like Fort Knox!

The rave reviews alone I almost good enough to promote me to buy the NEC monitor on the spot...but I am thinking that 20 inches might be too small. At a 1600 pricetag i can get a 42" 10th generation panasonic plama.....sooo I am not sure if Im willing to cut it sooo close...plamsa screens are sexy.

hehe panasonic employee discount sorry! wholesale prices for the win!

thenixhex311 said:
I... too bad these Benq people are locking up info on the 30" and the 24" like Fort Knox!
Agreed. It is sad Benq, LG, etc. won't tell us anything.
We'te pretty lucky in this Forum to have a NEC guy giving us info and updating it whenever he can.
And also, promptly answering our endless questions.
Have any of us thanked him? Few, if any.
In fact, some of us kinda "talk down" to him (at times). That's not right.
Maybe it's why guys from Benq ,etc. don't come to Forums. Think about it.
So I vote we now say, "Thanks, Trevbomb."
Anyone here wanna second that?

Zak said:
Agreed. It is sad Benq, LG, etc. won't tell us anything.
We'te pretty lucky in this Forum to have a NEC guy giving us info and updating it whenever he can.
And also, promptly answering our endless questions.
Have any of us thanked him? Few, if any.
In fact, some of us kinda "talk down" to him (at times). That's not right.
Maybe it's why guys from Benq ,etc. don't come to Forums. Think about it.
So I vote we now say, "Thanks, Trevbomb."
Anyone here wanna second that?

ditto. thanks for the info and help!!

Thanks for the props guys.

I honestly enjoy talking on these forums cause i end up learning quite a bit from you guys too.

I expect to get some flak sometimes too since I promote the hell out of NEC while I am at it. But I cant help it.

You would be surprised how frustrating it is for me even working for the manufacturer when they tell me our new 37 inch is not going to be 1080p. I am just floored at the thought process sometimes. So I feel you guys there.

You guys also give me great info on what people are looking for in their future monitors. So thanks for that info too.

BTW sweet name NIXHEX! I will be at the 311 show in chicago on august 11. Gonna be crazy as always.

damn right! 311 puts on some KILLER shows. Im on my 12th show.

Unfortunately they are not coming to PGH this summer, and i cant make the roadtrip to the Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinatti shows...but my buddy is!

Enjoy the show man!

Shameless promotions of NEC's yes ;) , but you cannot argue against the joy of getting verified information, so a salute from me aswell. :)

I have a question about the new NECs: Usually, when BtW is stated as response time instead of the GtG, it means no overdrive. Personally, I prefer without overdrive, since the artifacts of many overdrives are greater then artifacts produced by response time. Is this the case with the NEC 26" as well? :)

PYROTAK said:
The rave reviews alone I almost good enough to promote me to buy the NEC monitor on the spot...but I am thinking that 20 inches might be too small. At a 1600 pricetag i can get a 42" 10th generation panasonic plama.....sooo I am not sure if Im willing to cut it sooo close...plamsa screens are sexy.

If ya think plasma burn in is sexy then sure I guess I would agree. :p
Go for the 42" westinghouse lvm42w2 LCD dude! Its only like $1500.00 plus dollars online (plus tax and or shipping of course) and its a 1080p monitor like their famous 37" model. If it takes so long that it looks like Christmas before we get final details on the 30 inch hi res monitors from benq or samsung then I will say the hell with it and get a big screen tv first. After I got a 30" 2560x1600 monitor my next purchase was gonna be a big screen tv anyway.
I mention this because the westinghouse 1080p 47 inch.....yes 47 inch LCD looks very very nice and costs about the same as.....well ok a little bit more than the 30" 2560x1600 monitors out there.

Ya man I'm getting real impatient and tempted now.

plasmas haven't had any burn in problems for the last couple of generations so i don't know what you are talking about....

and with the choice of panasonic vs westinghouse Id think id go panasonic...

Although the resolution of the westinghouse is nice! How is westinghouse with regard to dead pixels and stuff?

PYROTAK said:
plasmas haven't had any burn in problems for the last couple of generations so i don't know what you are talking about....

and with the choice of panasonic vs westinghouse Id think id go panasonic...

Although the resolution of the westinghouse is nice! How is westinghouse with regard to dead pixels and stuff?

That is an excellent question seeing as they can't be beat by price or the fact that they have 1080p monitors out.
This question should be answered by the numerous people on this forum that owns the 37 inch westy that alot of people here love. So this question SHOULD be answered fairly quickly by some forum member. :cool:

.....at least it should be. :mad:

Tamlin_WSGF said:
Shameless promotions of NEC's yes ;) , but you cannot argue against the joy of getting verified information, so a salute from me aswell. :)

I have a question about the new NECs: Usually, when BtW is stated as response time instead of the GtG, it means no overdrive. Personally, I prefer without overdrive, since the artifacts of many overdrives are greater then artifacts produced by response time. Is this the case with the NEC 26" as well? :)

All of the NEC 90 series are spec'd at BtW and almost all have overdrive (with the exception of the 1990FX).

The 2490 and 2690 will both have overdrive also.

I love the 2690 but hate the price! Is there any chance it will be lower? $1750 is a LOT to ask!

StalkerZER0 said:
Go for the 42" westinghouse lvm42w2 LCD dude!
Its only like $1500.00 plus dollars online and its 1080p monitor like their famous 37" model.
If it takes so long that it looks like Christmas before we get final details on the 30 inch hi res monitors from benq or samsung then I will say the hell with it and get a big screen tv.
Ya man I'm getting impatient, tempted now.
I'm getting tired of waiting too.
And I'm dropping idea of getting the NEC 26" when it comes out next month.
Cuz after studying size and screen-quality of big LCD screens "in action" (at BB and CompUSA stores today) I want a 1080P or higher rez, and screensize of 30" min, to 37" max.
I had 37" Westy for a few hours (3 weeks ago) and ran Oblivion Game at 1920x1080 rez (that's what "1080P" is).
It was real nice, but I returned it.

However, having looked again today, real close, it is possible I might buy it again.
Its only real challenger, in my book, is the Dell 30". We'll see.

Opinion: I dunno if 1080P rez would look quite so nice on bigger 42" and 47" screens, like you mentioned.
Reason: 1080P rez has 2 Million pixels.
The smaller the screen, the closer the 2 million pixels are on the screen----which means: the finer, the sharper, the smoother, the screen-pic looks.
And they look real fine on a 37".
But if you start spreading those 2 million on a bigger 42" or 47" screen,---- they'll be further apart, and pic will look slightly "grain-ier", slightly coarser-----i.e. not quite so smooth n' sharp.
However that's just my opinion.

Getting back on topic------I'm tired of waiting for Benq and Samsung to market a 30" 2500x1600 (to compete with Dell 30") or a 1080P in 32" to 37" size (to compete with Westy 37").
I also had big hopes for a NEC model swith those sizes n' specs ---- but Travbomb has nixed the idea (I think).
So barring something new showing up, it looks like 37" Westy or 30" Dell.
So please keep an iye open for Sales on them, pleeez? :D

Zak said:
I'm getting tired of waiting too.
And I'm dropping idea of getting the NEC 26" when it comes out next month.
Cuz after studying size and screen-quality of big LCD screens "in action" (at BB and CompUSA stores today) I want a 1080P or higher rez, and screensize of 30" min, to 37" max.
I had 37" Westy for a few hours (3 weeks ago) and ran Oblivion Game at 1920x1080 rez (that's what "1080P" is).
It was real nice, but I returned it.

However, having looked again today, real close, it is possible I might buy it again.
Its only real challenger, in my book, is the Dell 30". We'll see.

Opinion: I dunno if 1080P rez would look quite so nice on bigger 42" and 47" screens, like you mentioned.
Reason: 1080P rez has 2 Million pixels.
The smaller the screen, the closer the 2 million pixels are on the screen----which means: the finer, the sharper, the smoother, the screen-pic looks.
And they look real fine on a 37".
But if you start spreading those 2 million on a bigger 42" or 47" screen,---- they'll be further apart, and pic will look slightly "grain-ier", slightly coarser-----i.e. not quite so smooth n' sharp.
However that's just my opinion.

Getting back on topic------I'm tired of waiting for Benq and Samsung to market a 30" 2500x1600 (to compete with Dell 30") or a 1080P in 32" to 37" size (to compete with Westy 37").
I also had big hopes for a NEC model swith those sizes n' specs ---- but Travbomb has nixed the idea (I think).
So barring something new showing up, it looks like 37" Westy or 30" Dell.
So please keep an iye open for Sales on them, pleeez? :D

Well........I think I will continue to hold my breath (destroyed world record holding breath for 8 months now) until perhaps the end of august.
S U P P O S E D L Y, BenQ is going to release info in the month of august. I've waited this long I might as well wait and see what happens this month. But I'm on my last friggin nerve here. :mad:

let me shed a tear here for everyone having to wait for their 30 inch lcds.
:rolleyes:

Tutelary said:
let me shed a tear here for everyone having to wait for their 30 inch lcds.
:rolleyes:

ive been waiting to get a monitor for 1 1/2 years!~!!!!

its a constant 'ok, ive decided on XXX monitor' 'no, ill wait to see what comes out' 'this one or this one' ...AND REPEAT.

now im leaning towards the 37" westy...at the moment.
LOL

Tamlin_WSGF said:

Btw gray to gray on the NEC 2690WUXi is 5 ms.

Looks like product should be available last week of september now.

StalkerZero, you started a Thread here that refuses to die ;)
Everytime I think I've written my last post here, someone comes up with a cool remark.
Like the guy who said "lemme shed a tear for guys waiting for their 30" lcd's". :D LOL.
Anyway, someone is running a Sale on 50" DLP monitors that do 1080P rez.
Price is about same as 37" Westy. Is that good?
I'm not interested, just passing it on. Scroll way down, near bottom ....
http://www.gotapex.com/

I just check w/ my source inside NEC, the rumor is fake. Their next 2007 model is 32" or so, but only at 19x10.

NEC is a co. whose never big on leading the industry. That's their corp. culture. They have great 4 yr. warranty, but expensive LCD w/ half decent spec.

Happy Hopping said:
I just check w/ my source inside NEC, the rumor is fake. Their next 2007 model is 32" or so, but only at 19x10.

NEC is a co. whose never big on leading the industry. That's their corp. culture. They have great 4 yr. warranty, but expensive LCD w/ half decent spec.

Who is your so called inside source at NEC?? I am interested to know since I work at their north american headquarters. Maybe I Know them?? I would assuem you are full of it though and jsut made that up so whatever.

NEC has a 32 inch multi function monitor on release in mid 07 but there is a 37 mfm shipping next month along with a 26 inch high end and a 24 innch in high end in novemebr.

Unlike your "source" i actually see the intake schedule so i know what new products are coming and when they will port here in the US.

Please though let me know where you get your supposed info.

And btw whats this about NEC not leading the industry??? NEC leads the industry in every environmental compliance and even helps create tehm for that matter. Not only that but NEC will be the first and only company for some time with a 26 inch LCD that covers 92% of th adobe gamut. Beyond that NEC has the first ever LED back lit unti which covers 107% of the adobe gamut. So wtf are you talking about??

Travbomb said:
Who is your so called "inside source" at NEC??
I work at NEC's North American headquarters.
Maybe, I know them??
I assume you are full of it, and made that up .....
BTW, whats this about NEC not leading the industry???
NEC will be first with 26" LCD that covers 92% of the Adobe Color Spectrum......
Calm down Trav, your info has always been good. :D
Just persuade your NEC buddies to give us a 30" LCD with 1920x1200 rez, or 2500x1600 rez, that can go head-to-head with Dell's 30", will ya?
Big Thanx !! :D

Zak said:
Calm down Trav, your info has always been good. :D
Just persuade your NEC buddies to give us a 30" LCD with 1920x1200 rez, or 2500x1600 rez, that can go head-to-head with Dell's 30", will ya?
Big Thanx !! :D

Yeah! What he said!
And Zak, that 50" DLP....it sorta kills it when its not an actual flatscreen. Those DLPs are just modern projection tvs that you can't exactly hang on a wall.
Now what is it going to take dammit?
Look, does any one here work for either samsung or BenQ?? Cause if you do I can pay you $100.00 for info.....nevermind. I'll probably get suckered by some con-man...con-dude who will feed me some false intel.

Come on though, doesn't anybody know anything about the new 30" hi resolutions comin soon? :(
*breaks down and sobs pathetically*

Zak said:
StalkerZero, you started a Thread here that refuses to die ;)
Everytime I think I've written my last post here, someone comes up with a cool remark.
Like the guy who said "lemme shed a tear for guys waiting for their 30" lcd's". :D LOL.
Anyway, someone is running a Sale on 50" DLP monitors that do 1080P rez.
Price is about same as 37" Westy. Is that good?
I'm not interested, just passing it on. Scroll way down, near bottom ....
http://www.gotapex.com/

I suppose so. But along with a 30" 2560x1600 monitor it would be nice to also have a 50" 1080p lcd tv to go along with it.
I don't suppose any of you have heard of one coming soon? The closest to that is the 47" westy 1080p lcd tv.

But since its been 2 weeks let me take this time to ask again......has there been ANY word on any new 30" hi res monitors coming soon? Namely the samsung 305T and the benq fp301w no? :(

StalkerZER0 said:
I suppose so. But along with a 30" 2560x1600 monitor it would be nice to also have a 50" 1080p lcd tv to go along with it.
I don't suppose any of you have heard of one coming soon? The closest to that is the 47" westy 1080p lcd tv.

But since its been 2 weeks let me take this time to ask again......has there been ANY word on any new 30" hi res monitors coming soon? Namely the samsung 305T and the benq fp301w no? :(

The 57 inch LCD's start shipping next month for us. There should be 55 and 57. Sharp is making the 55 and samsung and NEC are making 57 inch. They are going to run about $12,000-$15,000.

The NEC will be $15000 but thats mainly because it is a PIPD display and not a home entertainment / consumer grade unit like the sharp and samsung.

Since the NEC uses the Samsung panel I would assume Samsung will have their unit out next month also.

I have not heard anything about high res 30 inchers. I know LG-Phillips and Samsung are both making a panel for it but thats about it.

travbomb said:
The 57 inch LCD's start shipping next month for us. There should be 55 and 57. Sharp is making the 55 and samsung and NEC are making 57 inch. They are going to run about $12,000-$15,000.

The NEC will be $15000 but thats mainly because it is a PIPD display and not a home entertainment / consumer grade unit like the sharp and samsung.

I have not heard anything about high res 30 inchers. I know LG-Phillips and Samsung are both making a panel for it but thats about it.

Since the NEC uses the Samsung panel I would assume Samsung will have their unit out next month also.

Its like an exponential curve. As soon as a monitor goes above 50" it jumps like 10 grand in price. What the hell is that?
Nah, whatever I would want for a dedicated television would be 50". If they are making a 55 and above then why not a 50? I'm surprised westinghouse made a 47" instead of a 50". Argh! :(

Anyways, if samsung is PROBABLY getting their 305T out by next month then can we assume the same for Benq for their 30"? Or will BenQ's fight to stop a hostile takeover by a corporate raider delay things. Gawd I hope not! :(

Any ideas what the street price is going to be on the 305T? Im about to bite the bullet on a apple 30 since its only 1800 with student discount. Ill wait though if the 305T will be better.

FreakOfNature said:
Any ideas what the street price is going to be on the 305T? Im about to bite the bullet on a apple 30 since its only 1800 with student discount. Ill wait though if the 305T will be better.

Dude, wait. Its so close I can almost smell the new plastic on the new monitors. I for one would like to know if the panel in the 305T will be better than the panel in the dell 3007. Even though the 305T doesn't have multiple connections and only one dvi like the dell the different panel it has might be a factor for a purchase decision. As for price, well perhaps the picture quality of the panel might make a more expensive price worth it.....perhaps. But one has to assume the price will be competitive if more and more manufacturers start releasing 2560x1600 30inchers.
However,
let me state again that my main reason for waiting so long to make a high res 30" monitor purchase is because I'm waiting to see if I can get one with multiple connections......namely the benq fp301w.
If however the panel in the benq fp301w sucks versus the competition then I waited for nothing and I will look at either the samsung or dell products.
As for apple, they are gonna have to discount that 30 incher of theirs more or I will have to see if they upgraded the panel in it and how it performs.

from the model name of those 24 and 26 displays i conclude that they are not in the nec gx2 line which is supposed to be the display line dedicated to gaming and multimedia, does that mean that those are not their purposes, that nec dont release them with such uses in mind.

pekingu said:
from the model name of those 24 and 26 displays i conclude that they are not in the nec gx2 line which is supposed to be the display line dedicated to gaming and multimedia, does that mean that those are not their purposes, that nec dont release them with such uses in mind.

The 24 and 26 are being released more with the color critical market in mind. they are not part of the GX2 series but rather the 90 series. They do have a low enough response time though that they will work for gaming (about 6ms). But they will also be priced more toward the color critical market since they have the extra features like a 12 bit LUT and Colorcomp. Companies like Disney have shown quite a bit of interest in them for their animation and GE Medical for their applications.

i hate to say it,but you guys talk about holding, thats what companies will do. You ppl,(ppl in the market for 30" with the money to afford them), are the bleeding edge of the enthusiast market. Now if you guys hold, who is there to follow? who is gonna create the market? I know $1500 displays arent nothing to buy on impulse but imagine if alot of people just went and bought 3007s. Alot more competetion would be trying to get a piece of that pie, improving on competetors, reducing prices etc. Right now i think the hot market is the 20-22 range(16x10). Soon as more ppl adopt widescreen and go bigger with better gpus of dx10, will see more bigger and better displays.

Back