Asus X670E-E BIOS 1003

psy81

Gawd
Been having issues with Asus bios updates lately...

My system was stable running on 0705 and later on 0805 but 0922 and 0925 have resulted in the system not be able to run my memory at the rated 5600MHz which forced me to revert back to 0805.

I now see has out out its 3rd bios update in less than a month with 1003.

Has anyone tried it and if so are you able to run your memory at the rated speed?

The bios goes back to stock settings after the bios update so I'll change the memory back to the DOCP profile but it fails to boot. Works fine on 0705 and 0805 but not on the newer updates for some reason.

The memory is on the QVL list.

The bios goes back to stock settings after the bios update so I'll change the memory back to the DOCP profile but it fails to boot. Works fine on 0705 and 0805 but not on the newer updates for some reason.

The memory is on the QVL list.
yank the battery and power cord, hit the power button a couple times to fully clear it.

Reactions: psy81
like this
yank the battery and power cord, hit the power button a couple times to fully clear it.
Just updated the bios to latest (1003) and none of the three (3) DOCP profiles allows me run my memory at the rated speed.

I did as you suggested and cleared the CMOS and still unstable memory.

Looking on Reddit it looks like I'm not the only one that's been having memory issues with Asus bios lately.

Oddly, if I change the memory speed manually without selecting the DOCP profile it works. I did this previously on 0922 and it was perfectly fine for a few weeks until one day I couldn't boot into windows and was being prompted to go into the bios.

I feel like this will happen again. Nonetheless, running Windows 11 memory test this time to make sure its stable.

Just frustrating that Asus has released three bios in the last month and all three having memory issues.

Last edited:
If everything is working as you expect it to, there's no reason to update your bios. 0805 has been perfect in my ProArt. Since you're not using a 3D chip you shouldn't need 0922 or 0925. The only other real reason to go to 1003 would be for the 24GB and 48GB dimm support.

If everything is working as you expect it to, there's no reason to update your bios. 0805 has been perfect in my ProArt. Since you're not using a 3D chip you shouldn't need 0922 or 0925. The only other real reason to go to 1003 would be for the 24GB and 48GB dimm support.
You're right and I'll probably end up reverting back to 0805. Just never had issues with bios updates before.

Edit: If I were to upgrade my CPU later, this probably means I won't be able to use my existing memory at its rated speed if Asus doesn't resolve this issue. Hopefully they they fix this.

Last edited:
I just upgraded to the 1003 bios and everything is fine. boots, registers, expo11. G.Skill Flare X5 32GB DDR5 5600 CL30-36-36-89 1.25V

I take it back I had to revert back to the 0925. the 1003 is total garbage.

i went form 0925 to 1004 huge performance stability upgrade for me. id did though have to bump my memory voltage to 1.38 for docp / expo to work correctly

i went form 0925 to 1004 huge performance stability upgrade for me. id did though have to bump my memory voltage to 1.38 for docp / expo to work correctly
What was your memory voltage under 0925?

Yeah are you OC the memory? What are your specs? What did you have for dinner?

What was your memory voltage under 0925?
the stock 1.35. it would not boot at the rated 6000mhz. once i give it a small bump everything its butter. its like a whole new system. I was really disappointed in going from my 11700k to this 7950x till this bios update. It is a whole new system.

Nothing was O/C

actually you guys are going to hate me i am in the wrong thread. my board is a ROG crosshair x670e extreme. new bios is still amazing.

Same issue for Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX with 7900X and GSkill Flare X5 with EXPO 5600 profile. With the profile enabled, computer won't wake up from sleep and will occasionally fail to boot. Running at JEDEC speed (DDR5 4800) and everything works. Tried pretty much all non-beta UEFI from Gigabyte site and not a single one fix all of the issues. Some are better some are worse. This is nothing like the Zen 3 platform I had (X570 + 5900X). Starting to remind me of the Athlon 64 939 + nForce 4 days.

Has anyone tried contacting Asus? I hope they're aware of this issue. They seem to coming out with a new bios every other week yet not addressing memory stability issues that a lot of people seem to be having.

Has anyone tried contacting Asus? I hope they're aware of this issue. They seem to coming out with a new bios every other week yet not addressing memory stability issues that a lot of people seem to be having.
Exactly how do you contact someone in ASUS who actually understands the BIOS issues AND is (1) know to whom to forward the issue and (2) is motivated to do so?

Exactly how do you contact someone in ASUS who actually understands the BIOS issues AND is (1) know to whom to forward the issue and (2) is motivated to do so?
I tried filling out their webform but it asked me for my phone number and country but no options for North America so I can't submit the form. I thought Asus was a good company... I was able to correspond with Gigabyte easily in the past...I recall asking Gigabyte the thermal limit of VRMs on a motherboard and they responded in a couple of days. Kind of regret going with Asus now

Last edited:
I tried filling out their webform but it asked me for my phone number and country but no options for North America so I can't submit the form. I thought Asus was a good company... I was able to correspond with Gigabyte easily in the past...I recall asking Gigabyte the thermal limit of VRMs on a motherboard and they responded in a couple of days. Kind of regret going with Asus now
This thread has made me reconsider my 20+ year history of buying only ASUS boards. Next time I need a new board I think I'm going to compare with MSI and Gigabyte. But I have no reason now to consider Intel for my next CPU.

This thread has made me reconsider my 20+ year history of buying only ASUS boards. Next time I need a new board I think I'm going to compare with MSI and Gigabyte. But I have no reason now to consider Intel for my next CPU.
I have an Asus TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI. Mine has been great, especially after the 1410 (beta) bios. My 32GB DDR-6000 runs at listed speeds, total wake up from sleep time is 20 seconds. Nothing but good things to say.

Checkout my notes of my ryzen 7700x build here:
https://hardforum.com/threads/my-ex...zen-7700x-pics-benchmarks-boot-times.2026660/

ASUS is good they will get to the BIOS fix just give them a little time this is an all new platform. My guess is they are focusing on the most bought mobo's for now and will get to the higher end mobos soon.

This is what we get for being an early adopter, this is nothing new.

This is the very reason I almost got a 570 dark hero and a 5950 because the platform had been fine tuned already.

Patience! ASUS always comes through. It's the only boards I have bought and will buy.

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x670e-e-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_bios/

ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI BIOS 1202

Version 1202
9.18 MB 2023/04/21
1.Update AGESA version to ComboAM5PI 1.0.0.6
2.TPM 2.0 security update
3.Recommended for optimum performance with AMD Ryzen™ 7000X4D series processors

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (SX670EE.CAP) using BIOSRenamer.
Does they fix the memory speed at least?

Not sure, I have stuck with 0805 it's the only one stable for me. I am tired of loading Bios's, ima let somebody else do it.

You guys put the bios ver in your sig.

Reactions: psy81
like this
What is going on? ASUS got ride of all the older Bios's.
Yeah I noticed that as well. Yesterday someone posted a thread on Reddit complaining Asus removed all the older bios versions and also mentioning the latest Bios is resulting in performance loss so I'm not going to try it. If you need older versions of the bios look for the reddit thread. Some people have been providing links to the older bios since you can't download them anymore from Asus.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/12vhw50/strix_x670ee_bios_1202_perf_loss/

Here is the 0805 bios if anyone needs it. I have others for the ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E if anyone needs them.

0805 - 0925 - 1003 - 1004 for the ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E

Attachments

• ROG-STRIX-X670E-E-GAMING-WIFI-ASUS-0805.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 0
  • ROG-STRIX-X670E-E-GAMING-WIFI-ASUS-0925.CAP.zip
  • ROG-STRIX-X670E-E-GAMING-WIFI-ASUS-1003.CAP.zip
  • ROG-STRIX-X670E-E-GAMING-WIFI-ASUS-1004.CAP.zip
Last edited:
Here is 809, 821, 1222, and 1410 (beta) if people need them. Super glad I saved them locally in case I needed them later

Attachments

• TUF-GAMING-X670E-PLUS-WIFI-ASUS-0809.rar
    7 MB · Views: 0
  • TUF-GAMING-X670E-PLUS-WIFI-ASUS-0821.rar
  • TUF-GAMING-X670E-PLUS-WIFI-ASUS-1222 (1).rar
  • TUF-GAMING-X670E-PLUS-WIFI-ASUS-1410.rar
Back