http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.../common-vista32

Vista 64-Bit:
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.../common-vista64

and ...

Windows 7 - 32 & 64 bit

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

Release Notes:

New Features

This section provides information on new features found in this release of the Radeon™ Display Driver. These include the following:

* ATI Catalyst™ 9.3 Unified driver for Windows 7 and Windows Vista
* ATI Catalyst™ 9.3 Folding@Home performance enhancements
* ATI Catalyst™ 9.3 – Windows Vista HDMI audio driver support integrated into all ATI Catalyst 9.3 packages
* New AMD Display Library (ADL) SDK

ATI Catalyst™ 9.3 Unified driver for Windows 7 and Windows Vista

* AMD has delivered a single unified graphics driver for both Windows 7 and
* Windows Vista – demonstrating AMD’s Windows 7 graphics driver leadership and focus on delivering a stable and robust Windows 7 experience on AMD hardware
* Delivers full WDDM 1.1 support under Windows 7 on the ATI Radeon HD 4000
* Series, ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series, and ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series of products
* Delivers improved gaming performance under Windows 7 vs. Windows Vista
* All future ATI Catalyst postings will deliver one single unified driver for Windows 7 and Windows Vista

Performance Improvements

Catalyst™ 9.3 brings performance benefits in several cases where framerates are CPUlimited. Some measured examples are:

* Lost Planet: Colonies gains up to 20% on 4800 series products, and up to 50% on 4600, 4500 and 4300 series products

Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System

* Video combing effects no longer visible during movie playback while fast
* forwarding or rewinding Avivo Video Color Settings are now retained after resume from Sleep/Hibernate
* Overlay Theater Mode is now enabled with component video or composite video in extended modes
* Catalyst Control Center: Avivo Video Advanced Color page is no longer grayed out and preview is now functional
* OGL games now play properly with "Show Crossfire logo…" option enabled
* Rotation now works if Aero mode is turned off

Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System

* Avivo Video Color Settings will now be applied in the video when played using
* PowerDVD
* FJ online game no longer changes resolution slowly in full screen mode with some ASICs
* Quake 4: Screen corruption no longer appears in CrossFire using two bridge cables with some ASICs
* Composite video no longer goes black when disabling Overlay Theater Mode using Catalyst Control Center
* Resolved issues for Open GL 3.0 "CreateContext" function
* Toggling between 3D games in full screen mode to the desktop is no longer slow when using the Alt-Tab key

This is great news for our Lost Planet: Colonies gamers...

edit;
I might install 9.3 just for this:
* Toggling between 3D games in full screen mode to the desktop is no longer slow when using the Alt-Tab key

what I want to know if they fixed the nuclear fusion reactors temps when the computer boots up!

I like the unified driver for Vista and Windows 7. It was pretty much a given that Vista drivers were pretty much the same, but at least its official.

I never install the CCC. Does the CCC have temp readouts of the GPU?

I have a 4850

I never install the CCC. Does the CCC have temp readouts of the GPU?

I have a 4850

Yes it has temp readouts.

I'm still on Catalyst 8.12 I think. Maybe it's time to upgrade as the 9.3 looks interesting. ;)

Preliminary overclocking tests show that:

1. RAM clocks back down to 2d speeds when it is running in 2d. Before, when I overclocked, the RAM was staying at 3d speeds according to CCC.

2. When overclocking, it is imperitive that only one screen is enabled (or maybe it has to be that if you have more than 1 screen, both are set to the same resolution), otherwise, I get a screen full of gray vertical bars. Sometimes it goes away after the test is done, and sometimes it requires a reboot. This was happening in 9.1 as well.

Looks like there really is no point in upgrading to these. I suppose I will just for the heck of it.

Do we need to use driver cleaner when going from 9.2 to 9.3?

ATI (straight from Terry Makedon) actually says just install on top.

Others here on [H] will say 50 different things to do. Just do what you want and what works for you.

Personally with Vista I'm going to start overwriting my drivers instead of the constant rebooting and cleaning.

I just installed and everything seems to be in order except I no longer have manual control of the fan speed. Anyone else?

Vista 64 and HIS 4850

I just installed and everything seems to be in order except I no longer have manual control of the fan speed. Anyone else?

Vista 64 and HIS 4850
I'm installing them now, I'll let you know.
If I lose control of my fan, oh boy, I'm gonna be angry.

"Catalyst™ 9.3 brings performance benefits in several cases where framerates are CPUlimited. Some measured examples are:"

I will test GTA4 performance when I get home. It is a CPU whore of a game.

All I want to know is can I put my computer with a 4870x2 to sleep without source engine games flickering. well that and the temperature issues

I will test GTA4 performance when I get home. It is a CPU whore of a game.
Seems to be running smoother for me, but you know it could just be the placebo effect.
For what it's worth my ingame benchmark went up by about 5fps, but that benchie is so unreliable...

This is great news for our Lost Planet: Colonies gamers...

edit;
I might install 9.3 just for this:

I thought it was just me. That is very annoying that it is so slow. Will install it tonight.

I thought it was just me. That is very annoying that it is so slow. Will install it tonight.
Yeah it's definitely fixed now.
Games start up a lot faster, and minimizing is instantaneous. Big improvement in WoW, it used to freeze for maybe 3 seconds or so.

Preliminary overclocking tests show that:

2. When overclocking, it is imperitive that only one screen is enabled (or maybe it has to be that if you have more than 1 screen, both are set to the same resolution), otherwise, I get a screen full of gray vertical bars. Sometimes it goes away after the test is done, and sometimes it requires a reboot. This was happening in 9.1 as well.

Nice to see they fixed this ancient bug...

Seriously how long will it be before they address this problem? Peons.

Well I've installed 9.3. I installed right on top of 8.12. No issues. No reboot (gotta love the WDDM in Vista).

So far no issues. Everything seems fine. No powerplay issues on my Crossfire setup. Looks good to me.

I'll be sticking with the 9.2's for now since I have not encountered a single problem or BSOD etc.

Plus, I don't see any benefits listed for my particular card with this update....
(Yes, I know it's ancient. My 3850 died on me :( )

For some reason this installed and then didn't make me restart? 9.3 showed up in CCC, etc too lol.

Yah, seems vista users didn't have to restart. Will be great if this starts becoming the norm.

uh..... just upgrade from 8.12 HF..

I have to say, "FINALLY!!!!" I FINALLY CAN HAVE SOME DANCING GIRLS!!!

Hmmm, a lot of people are saying their games have been smoother with the new drivers.
I guess I'll jump to them as well when I do a clean install of Vista 64. But I've noticed that I crash so much more in Vista than in XP when playing L4D.

I fcking hate the looping-sound-error-crash-thing I have. Can't tell what's causing the problem.

I am having the crossfire issue from the 8:12 driver, Keep getting the incompatible display adapter error. :(

For those that play Source engine games, have a 4870X2 and like to put thier computer to sleep, but don't like texture flicker.... you're fucked

the bug is still there

For those that play Source engine games, have a 4870X2 and like to put thier computer to sleep, but don't like texture flicker.... you're fucked

the bug is still there

not for me....

just alt-tab back again it work fine again...

Back