Bad Case Of Déjà vu?

Hahahaha, the more I read this, the more I'm sure this is a joke. :D

"Why should I invest NOW instead of later?

Because as soon as we have raised $13.37 million, investment will be closed. There is such a thing as too late."

The fact that they chose those numbers specifically confirm the joke. :p

"Why should I invest NOW instead of later?

Because as soon as we have raised $13.37 million, investment will be closed. There is such a thing as too late."

The fact that they chose those numbers specifically confirm the joke. :p

Nice catch :D.

ok, last quote from me. They actually insult their entire potential user-base.

Why should I buy any of your consoles?! I can use my PC & emulators to play old games.

The vast majority of people are idiots, as in total idiots. Most would not be able to do just that if their lives depended on it, great many know not even what it means & some have never heard of it, tho they love to game casually. An interesting thought, how did you manage to emulate all consoles for the last two generations perfectly? All by yourself? Need a job?

Can't we PLEASE make it legal to hunt down and beat asshats like this who continue to pop up with their craptastic vaporware products?

http://forum.piicron.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7

and to quote from that link:

"Hi.

I am really excited about this new console, it looks awesome. But I want to be sure it will work with my games. Will I be able to play Strontium Dog: The Killing from my Sinclair ZX81 on your console?"

"A cassette slot is planned for Ubercron legacy & Secron Legacy.
It will however be pending a community vote when final slot configuration for the legacy SKU's will be set in stone."

lol what a tape deck?? this HAS to be a joke!

Its a joke :)
Pretty funny though, very Phantomesque :)

from their site

Lawsuits (we have it all thought out, tihi)

Should our competition choose to sue us, either because they hope to bury us in legal expenses or because someone actually think they have the law on their side, we stand ready. We fully expect them play dirty in such an event. They will bribe, spread doubt, uncertainty & lies to the media. Basically we expect them to use every ugly trick they can, legal or not. We have a detailed plan for such an event. Releasing it to the public would ease some investment groups making them more prone to invest & strengthen our "all is public" image, it would also hurt, letting it be know to all. We have chosen a compromise where select trusted representatives of the groups having invested in PIICRON will be chosen & be given a select briefing where-after they can revel & give their thoughts on it in general. We consider this a better plan than to revel it in detail publicly.

I found that to be pretty funny. You know because everyone knows protecting your IP is not legal.

As as side note. This is a great way to make money from idiots in a very easy manor. Maybe I should make up a site and start asking for large investments in my new engine technology that is so efficent it can get 300 mpg.

Even if it was real, they would get prison raped by sony, microsoft, etc...

exactly. Show me official licensing documents with the other console makers and ill be more inclined to beleive. Blast off, nuke it from orbit..........its the only way to be sure.

100% marketing bullshit with a touch of lime.

Anyone who believes this hype and invests their money into this company without the common sense to perform due dilligent research will know what it feels like to be scammed in a hurry.

Maybe its a joke and they arent taking payments, just loggin the rtards that send them? A social experiment?

I noticed one subtle thing on the first page of their site. What looks like a huge basket of eggs, middle one red.

Otherwise they are saying all of their eggs are in one basket. :) (Which in itself that might qualify as an "easter egg" of sorts).

I'm sure this site is a joke. Well done one though. :)

I hope it's a joke or some kind of experiment. That said, some people will contribute, I'm sure. There are tons of clueless rich people in this world.

funny page, if it came out sooner around the time frame of Xbox360, PS3, and the Wii it would of been an all time great!

Oh yea they never specified any of their products from a certain company to protect themselves from possible lawsuits, which explains why they didn't mention the GPU, since alot of companies have a ton of patents on hardware specific naming it would be hard to put up BS with out them getting attention from any of the GPU makers.

The claim that it can play any game from any console is so far fetched I can't believe anyone would fall for this.It would have to be a hell of a lot bigger than what they show,and probably violate god knows how many patents.It's so outrageous it has to be a joke of some kind.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a viral marketing campaign for Windows Vista or something similar, and eventually the site will be updated saying something to the tune of "Oops, this already exists, it's called Vista. Run your games on your DX10 Vista PC."

Would yield a lot of press... ahem.

Looks like they are Nordic and they actually posted bios and pics of themselves! They need to hire someone that knows how to write though. There's so many mistakes it's almost like the Nordic version of Engrish.

It's called Swenglish.. I speak it :p

The company exists and is registered (org. number 556735-0771) they are an artist agency (http://gulasidorna.eniro.se/query?what=cs&lang=&ax=&search_word=piicron&geo_area=). Registered July 30 2007, activated 29 May 2008.

That's all I was able to find out but I bet some people here in Sweden will investigate further. Most likely they don't have any hardware at all, just a couple of concept drawings and plan on running away with the investors' money.. How original ;)

Maybe just invest a buck to get into the class action lawsuit that will eventually follow ;-)

But hey, give that guys a dime, it sure took some effort to come up with all of that stuff and all that dope sure didn't pay by itself.

Now I recon this thing will eventually reveal itself as a piece of artwork: "It's a homage to l33t, vap0rw4re and the gamer culture itself playing with the teenage like imagination inherent to that genre - brilliant!" - Fun&Stuff Artsmagazin.

They sure put a hell lot of effort into something that's so silly its not going to fool anyone who cares about it.

Man, that was the most entertained I've been while drinking my morning coffee in a while. That site is so full of fail it's ridiculous, lol.

I'm almost positive that this is someone's graphics/web-design school project. It really looks like they just wanted to show off their slick illustrations, but had to make a website to go along with it, and got really carried away with the dummy-text.

Pretty sure this site was just made to go in somone's design portfolio - they're probably getting quite a laugh that it's getting public attention.

Ubercronnnnnnnn.........powered by the SUN!!!!!:eek::eek:

A solar powered phantom console.......you gotta love it.
Some things you just can't make up.

But really, I want to know - how does it taste?

No tricks.

No ads, no monthly fee, no shareware, no strings attached. Full, free lovely games for your enjoyment & personal pleasure.

But how? We'll soon unveil how this is possible. Suck on that Microsoft, Nintendo & Sony, how does it taste? What do you think we are up to?

Maybe they mean it can play any game from any system... once the computer is booted up and the TV software is turned on to receive the input signal. Which is coming from your console.

I'm sold.

Ahem
kyle1.jpg

Ah, memories. Kyle please hammer away. ;)

From the section on Grid Computing:

Donating the electricity you have paid for & the processing power (although you never notice) of your console to aid mankind, you should be rewarded. Should be lucky, you will, quite literally.

If you invest, please make sure to submit the only official check of PIICRON, because life takes PIICRON:

checknotefixsend1.jpg

By far one of the strangest press kits I've ever seen.

Bluetooth, GSM, 3G, and Wireless?

Now I'm in for 3!

Back