bestbuy.com has the 4870x2 for $469.99 now

speedy---- you can call the customer service number and check the status of your order.. I did that and it told me my card should ship today... 15th and arrive by the 19th... Maybe you could get more info there.. Also did you get the express shipping? Cause you just ordered it on the 13th didnt you ? Figure even if they had the item in stock-- it would take a day to pack and ship... Then 2-4 days from then including the weekend for ups-- would put it to you around monday or so tuesday...

yup i did express, last i called was yesterday and they said it should arrive today, and max on monday, but they said today it should have. its only 3:30 so ill probably wait till 4:15 if it doesnt arrive, ill call again, and i can wait till monday, since im going to order my monitor over the weekend, but im impatient and really want to see it in my comp :)

Also, slideways, when you called, did you talk to a support person, or use the automated service where you type in your order number?

EDIT: Well they supposedly have my card on hold for me, but it takes them forever to validate the payment information, so even though the tech support i talked today said i should have gotten it, im not since BB is slow and takes forever to process, now i should get "anytime" next week. im so pissed off now...

qqz7fl.jpg

I checked the online order status and it said Pre-Order release date = 8/15/08 which is today.

Called cust svc @ 4pm EST and they said that they're awaiting stock, earliest estimate is the 19th, if the price goes down between now & shipping to call them and they will credit the difference.

I checked the online order status and it said Pre-Order release date = 8/15/08 which is today.

Called cust svc @ 4pm EST and they said that they're awaiting stock, earliest estimate is the 19th, if the price goes down between now & shipping to call them and they will credit the difference.

strange this is what mine says:

2lupge9.jpg

this is why the support thought it should arrive today since i chose express shipping and this is what was confusing both me and them. Guess ill wait for the card as im ordering my monitor over the weekend. Time to start my hw thats due in a week...sadly :(

yeah I opted for express shipping as well, if the Egg wasn't so much higher than MSRP I'd go that route but I can wait a week

Never expect the turn around time of newegg with bestbuy.com.

Oh I don't argue there at all, Newegg is the king for a very good reason, but between the lower price of the actual card being $100 then I get $20 off with my rewards thing, pre-shipping I'm getting the card for $449 pre-shipping since I dont have sales tax in NH. Besides, I've been limping along with my 7900 GTO SLI setup for a while now, another week wont kill me. But yeah, I'd love to have that card right here and now :D I'm just not going to pay $120 more for the card to be here a week sooner

Speedy has an order date of 8/13. Anyone with an order date of 8/14 get a 'preordered' status? They must of had < 25 . How many could they have sold at $600? I know they will credit his difference with a phone call for the sale amount. Not canceling until I see another sub $500 Visiontek elsewhere.

I'm not canceling, just jealous :), then again I never would have ordered it for full price not knowing they were going to drop the price down the next day.

I just hope it comes within 2 weeks, After that I'll be dieing in anticipation, then again it might give AMD time to release some ACTUAL 4870x2 drivers. *wishful thinking*.

I am beginning to think they made a price mistake and are delaying to avoid the loss.:rolleyes:

I have been wondering that myself, the price is AWFULLY low compared to others.

Speedy has an order date of 8/13. Anyone with an order date of 8/14 get a 'preordered' status? They must of had < 25 . How many could they have sold at $600? I know they will credit his difference with a phone call for the sale amount. Not canceling until I see another sub $500 Visiontek elsewhere.

yup, I called and they made a case saying that if I'm charged $615 I'll be refunded $85 which is a bonus since I was willing to pay the $615 :) but now best buy is taking forever to validate the credit card :( still I barely used to game on my 8800 gtx and just like now I payed a premium ($725 lol) so I guess I can wait, I'll just read my books and research monitors :) but if anyone got a tracking # from BB plz post :)

haha I hear that, I had a hard time wanting to upgrade when my 8800GTX cost me $675 and gets its butt handed to it by a $200 4850, Ahh yes technology.

haha I hear that, I had a hard time wanting to upgrade when my 8800GTX cost me $675 and gets its butt handed to it by a $200 4850, Ahh yes technology.

haha yeah, I wanted to sell my old comp when I build my new one, but when people said I could only get like $1200 max I said f*** no! I put way more time and money into it :)

What'll really tick me off though is that right when I get my card nVidia magically comes up with some super card in response to the 4870x2 :) but we all know magic isn't real :)

I just don't know why everyone is making such a big deal. I have not seen anyone have the Visiontek in stock at all yet, for any price. At this price its worth the wait. NCIX has their ETA for the 18th, so I'm expecting similar from Best Buy. Sapphire and the others being in stock somewhere else doesn't count IMHO.. but.. eh I guess I'm more patient than others.

fucking bestfuckingbuy does it again... I swear you think i would learn not to deal with those fhags..... So i order it and it says it will ship the 15th and arriave on the 19th... I go back and look again just to verify that all was good and said the same thing..... Then look today and it says backordered.. wtf? So i call and got the automated responce-- and said it should ship today.. Ok.. Then check again-- no ship notification... hmmmmmm here we go..... So call them and the little biotch (actually a guy) says---"oh when they went to fulfill your order they ran out and not its back ordered"... Well when wll the new cards come on -- i ask with grrrrrr in my voice but trying to be cool... "I dont know-- doesnt show anything in the computer" ....... gfD....... I swear--- now i know how people go postal... We deal with this crap every day in all directions.. No even seem to even want to TRY AND do a good job, and everyone seems to just do whatever they can to work that money out of your pocket without even offering a hint of good service or customer respect......

This might actually work better for me anyways. I'm getting two $50 best buy gift cards in the mail next week. So I'm going to have BB apply them. Can you say 4870x2 for $369.99 :)

I just got an email from Best Buy telling me that the card is backordered:

Dear Todd:

The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it within the next 1-2 weeks. We will ship the item sooner if it becomes available.

If you would like to discuss other possibilities for fulfilling your order, please call us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289), and a Customer Care representative will gladly assist you. Please have your order number handy.

Your options may include:
Finding a store in your area with your item in stock
Ordering a similar in-stock item that meets your needs
Cancelling your current order

We apologize for the inconvenience. If we do not hear from you before we ship your item, we will assume that you accept this delay.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

:mad:

I just got an email from Best Buy telling me that the card is backordered:

:mad:

Same here, bro. I knew that this was going to happen. 1-2 weeks is a little different than "Pre-order Now". <scratches chin> Oh yes, now I remember why I don't go to Best Buy. C0cksm@cks!

I just don't want 1-2 weeks to turn into 3 weeks, a month and on and on. I will not be jerked around like that. Foox that!

Blah...I have to say that I'm not surprised though. I almost bit on this deal, but shied away from buying an online pre-order.

I really want a Visiontek, but I don't have a working video card after my third GTX 280 died. I might just have to buy another brand and live with it.

That deal was so good, it was hard to pass up.....unfortunately alot of people thought so. I wonder if BB considered the demand or VisionTek is just slow to deliver??

I did not see it until after I bought mine from the egg. My Sapphire is running like a champ. Only thing was I had to download the 8.8 betas to get CrossfireX to work.:mad:
The included driver disc was teh suck.

Anyway, I was looking this AM and mwave has some in stock if you are wanting to bail.
They actually process and pack stuff on Saturday.....of course it wont ship til Monday.

I am just hoping they REALLY ship within 1-2 weeks. I have a $400+ bestbuy giftcard that I used so I don't really have the option of going elsewhere, but if it takes longer than that I will cancel and just order a 260gtx.

I also got the dreaded backordered email. I thought I jumped the gun on this one too. 1-2 weeks is going to seem like a lifetime :mad:

I'm going to wait it out though. The price and the visiontek warranty is worth it IMO. Still, waiting sucks especially since I sold my 4850 already :(

im still getting the whole will still verifying your payment when i check over the phone and online it says one items pre order release date is 8/13. i really hope they have one on hold for me :) if not ill wait until i get my monitor, if it doesnt arrive by then, cancel :(, then newegg with next day air :)

"but I don't have a working video card after my third GTX 280 died"

Umm.. number 3 makes me wonder whats going on with your box.

I'm replacing the power supply. I have a PC&Power Cooling 750 Silencer that has worked great for more than a year, but I think the 8-pin adapter I have to use is killing the cards after a couple of weeks of use.

My guess it they'll be coming in next week. I'll wait until Wednesday of next week. If I don't here from anyone about their card getting shipped...I might jump ship on this deal. That would be sad, as this is an awesome deal.

But any who, please get discouraged and cancel your orders so that I'll move up in the que :p.

Since I have been getting more and more certain that this was a price mistake, I am going to wait it out in hopes of Best Buy losing profit on my purchase (hopefully losing money too).

well this is weird, best buy has been verifying and validating my payment for 72 hours now, so i decided to ask my mom to check her credit card that i used (its a commerce bank visa) and when she showed me the online page for that account it said they authorized best buy for the $615 purchase. This makes me wonder why is it charging $615 when its supposed to be $515 since the sale price drop that i called and was given, and why don't i have my card yet? Also i never got a back ordered e-mail and nor does my status online say so. So hopefully monday ill get it :) if not im going to have to cancel the transaction, don't want to lose $615 and get no card :(

edit: i also know im very impatient, its jsut the only thing i have to keep me satisfied with my curretn build since im waiting till december/january for nehalem as well as stable mobo's and such.

Best buy is terrible, I saw this coming

Which is why I went with NCIXUS

my new favorite canadian store

I did the BB deal fully expecting to have to wait a little bit which is OK since it will be a complete waste to use it in my current system so since I won't be getting my new hardware for another week, I am good........for now. Will be keeping an eye on it though.

Hmmmm-- Did anyone get a shipping number or the unit yet? Im wondering if they offered it up knowing that they didn't have the product then give us all the run around about -- ohhhhh just when yours came up we ran out ...

Also-- has anyone else seen the visiontechs available other places? Maybe is a vt thing...

I haven't Visiontek anywhere, I presume they are not out yet, hence the reason for the preorder.

Hmmmm-- Did anyone get a shipping number or the unit yet? Im wondering if they offered it up knowing that they didn't have the product then give us all the run around about -- ohhhhh just when yours came up we ran out ...

Also-- has anyone else seen the visiontechs available other places? Maybe is a vt thing...

I haven't seen any Visionteks for sale in stock anywhere. I think if we all just be patient, they will ship next week. I bet no one got one from Best Buy yet.

Back