BFG Offers Cash Back to GTX 280 / GTX 260 Owners

how much did you get back??

In my case i had paid 609 for a gx2 and paid 659 for the 280oc . I am getting the 50 i paid. Shipping is shipping. He mentioned a coupon for 50 off a second 280 but i have no need for one and I had customers in my store so i did not hear the details on that since I had to get off the phone. I

In my case i had paid 609 for a gx2 and paid 659 for the 280oc . I am getting the 50 i paid. Shipping is shipping. He mentioned a coupon for 50 off a second 280 but i have no need for one and I had customers in my store so i did not hear the details on that since I had to get off the phone. I

ah ok, you own a computer shop??

I own a cell phone store( in the process of selling it) with a computer repair shop in the back room

Dan_D, I own 2 H2OC's so you can imagine that I'd be owed 120 a card (it says up to, but if the most expensive one isn't eligible for this, who is ? :/).

Can you get the ball rolling BFG?

Thanks

Yeh , the economy is very soft and Verizon ( I am a Verizon agent) has saturated the market place with distribution so the independents like me are collateral damage. I am a very experienced retailer and it is time to get out before it is too late.

Yeh , the economy is very soft and Verizon ( I am a Verizon agent) has saturated the market place with distribution so the independents like me are collateral damage. I am a very experienced retailer and it is time to get out before it is too late.

Well if you need help with starting something else up, let me know. I want to eventually work on starting something new. Working for IT for lawyers can get rather annoying after a few years. But anyhow to get back on track. I hope everyone who put in for this gets a refund. I guess its a check right??

Well if you need help with starting something else up, let me know. I want to eventually work on starting something new. Working for IT for lawyers can get rather annoying after a few years. But anyhow to get back on track. I hope everyone who put in for this gets a refund. I guess its a check right??

Well I used a cc and they will be crediting my account

I got a phone call today at lunch and they are going to credit my credit card. Great service!

Just called and found out mine went through too. This sort of gesture means a lot to consumers. Thanks BFG

Got 240 back on my H2OCs.
Very happy with BFG's customer service. Called me within the hour and I didn't even ask to be and took care of me.
Highly recommended.

I just got a call from a BFG representative who gave me an $80.00 credit for my upgrade from a 9800GX2 to a 280GTX OC. I had to pay $10.00 in shipping charges, but I am still impressed with BFG to say the least. They sure created goodwill and loyalty on my part. I will purchase a BFG card next time I buy a videocard.

Do you have any updates for your European customers?

It looks likely that we'll be able to use our rebate fulfillment house to give rebates to our European customers. It's taking a bit longer becuase we have to sort Europe from US and Canada, then give them the list to start converting into Euros, or Sterling, etc. But please know we are still working on getting this done.

So are all the people that have gotten a call/e-mail regarding the rebate one's who have stepped up?

So are all the people that have gotten a call/e-mail regarding the rebate one's who have stepped up?

yes. those who traded up are being called to get reimbursed for the $ amount it took them to trade up and are being offered a 50.00 coupon towards another GTX. i believe those who simply purchased one, just need to fill out the form on BFG's website.

yes. those who traded up are being called to get reimbursed for the $ amount it took them to trade up and are being offered a 50.00 coupon towards another GTX. i believe those who simply purchased one, just need to fill out the form on BFG's website.

I did already, was just curious.

I did already, was just curious.

No worries man. I'm just about done sorting through all the requests, and you guys can expect emails from us in the next 48 hours at the latest, though I see this happening tomorrow. I do need to mention that if your product is not registered within the required time frame, or not registered properly there could be problems.

As always, if there are any questions please let me know.

JK

No worries man. I'm just about done sorting through all the requests, and you guys can expect emails from us in the next 48 hours at the latest, though I see this happening tomorrow. I do need to mention that if your product is not registered within the required time frame, or not registered properly there could be problems.

As always, if there are any questions please let me know.

JK

I'm in that boat. I don't believe I registered mine within the 30 days.

It looks likely that we'll be able to use our rebate fulfillment house to give rebates to our European customers. It's taking a bit longer becuase we have to sort Europe from US and Canada, then give them the list to start converting into Euros, or Sterling, etc. But please know we are still working on getting this done.

I'm glad to hear that progress is being made. I have another question. How will we know when it is available? Will a separate announcement be made on the BFG website?

BFG is pleased to announce that we are now accepting rebate requests from European customers (only) for BFG GeForce GTX 280 and GTX 260 products purchased between June 16 and July 16, 2008.

The rebate offer for North American customers (U.S. and Canada) is now closed. Thanks to all who contacted us. If you met the qualifications, you should have received either a confirmation email stating that your rebate is being processed, or an email denying the rebate if you didn’t meet the qualifications.

European customers: Please visit http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgrebate260280.aspx for complete details and to submit a rebate request if you qualify.

Man that's some awesome service. I had a used bfg 8800 ultra OC and it ran great. Really glad I went with BFG for my newly purchased gtx280 OC2. So it is a must to register a product within 30 days or the warranty is void? I do have a bfg 800 watt psu that I have had for over thirty days...can I still register it and get the lifetime warranty? :confused:

Man that's some awesome service. I had a used bfg 8800 ultra OC and it ran great. Really glad I went with BFG for my newly purchased gtx280 OC2. So it is a must to register a product within 30 days or the warranty is void? I do have a bfg 800 watt psu that I have had for over thirty days...can I still register it and get the lifetime warranty? :confused:

"In connection with such Limited Lifetime or Ten Year Warranty, all BFG power supplies purchased on or after February 21, 2008 must be registered on www.bfgtech.com within 30 days of the original purchase date to activate the limited lifetime warranty or limited ten (10) year warranty.Products not properly registered will be covered from the date of purchase by a two (2) year limited warranty in Europe and a one (1) year limited warranty in the US and other countries. Proper registration includes submitting proof of purchase to BFG."

Nope. Enjoy your one year.

Good job with the heads up John Malley. Seeing BFG always reminds me of the gun in Doom. "Big F'n Gun". :)

BFG is pleased to announce that we are now accepting rebate requests from European customers (only) for BFG GeForce GTX 280 and GTX 260 products purchased between June 16 and July 16, 2008.

The rebate offer for North American customers (U.S. and Canada) is now closed. Thanks to all who contacted us. If you met the qualifications, you should have received either a confirmation email stating that your rebate is being processed, or an email denying the rebate if you didn’t meet the qualifications.

European customers: Please visit http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgrebate260280.aspx for complete details and to submit a rebate request if you qualify.

Awesome! Thank you for your efforts and for keeping us informed throughout this process. You've won a dedicated customer as long as this level of service continues.

Now that we've got that sorted, I would also like to inquire as to the status of the step-up program for European customers. With the rumors of a 290GTX possibly coming out end of this month, that would possibly be attractive to me as well.

I never registered my card but I can show you my invoice for it dated 20th June as proof of purchase, the first I knew that it would need to be registered (within 30 days or purchase) to be eligible for the rebate was your post of August 1st which as you can see is too late for me anyway.

If BFG had offered us Europeans the rebate when companies such as EVGA did I would have been easily able to register the product within the allotted timeframe.

So would I still be eligible for the rebate if I register it now and am able to show you sufficient proof of purchase ie. my invoice dated 20th June?

AT John Malley:

Are the BFG GTX280 OC versions tested to see if OCs are stable? Or is it simply just a different bios used? This question is for John Malley and no one else.

I wonder how long it takes from the time they say they will give you a credit

I give someone credit it only takes two days

I've send 3 e-mails to BFG in the past 2 weeks about my GTX 280 rebate status and they have'nt responded yet.

Did anybody succeed in acquiring the rebate?
Do I have to call them?

SM

SM - please PM me with your real name so we can track this down for you.

Mr. Malley, first of all thank you for being active in this forum and continuing to keep us up to date and providing individual support for your customers. This definitely shows BFG's commitment to its customers. Please do not take my pushing of this issue as being ungrateful or ignoring the work you have done to get the rebate to your European customers. I would like to ask again as to the status of the trade up program for European customers as well. This could be something that becomes very important to me in the near future. Thank you for your time.

Mr. Malley, first of all thank you for being active in this forum and continuing to keep us up to date and providing individual support for your customers. This definitely shows BFG's commitment to its customers. Please do not take my pusing of this issue as being ungrateful or ignoring the work you have done to get the rebate to your European customers. I would like to ask again as to the status of the trade up program for European customers as well. This could be something that becomes very important to me in the near future. Thank you for your time.

Just a FYI, the rebate deadline is tomorrow (August 20th) so we will not be getting all the data together until then - so we can submit it all in one shot. It should only take a day or two to verify all the customer information at the latest. Once we have all the information together, we will send it off to the rebate company so they can issue the rebates, and send you guys an email letting you know exactly what is going on. Typical turnaround time on these rebates is about 6 to 8 weeks. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

We will definitely let you guys know when it is possible for us to get the trade up program into Europe as well.

Edit/ Deleted unnecessary post. Question was answered by previous response. Thanks.

Thank you very much for the quick reply but it seems you misunderstood my question. Now that the issue of the rebate is out of the way, I was actually reiterating my previous question about the status of the trade up program for customers outside of the U.S. With the rumors of upcoming cards from Nvidia, this could be important to me.

Yeah, as soon as I hit submit I realized that, I apologize about that. I did edit the original post though :)

I can tell you that we definitely want to get this program into Europe, but have run across a few roadblocks on the way. I can't give you an exact time frame, but can tell you that we are constantly working on it and as soon as it's possible for us to do this we will. I'll do my best to keep the community informed of our progress.

Back